Brian Johnson recalled by Red Sox, will make spot start Tuesday
Boston Red Sox pitcher Brian Johnson has been recalled from Triple-A Pawtucket for a spot start on Tuesday against the Toronto Blue Jays.
Johnson will fill in for Doug Fister, who had his start pushed back to Thursday after being called in for relief during a 16-inning marathon on Saturday. The 26-year-old southpaw has gone 2-0 in four other starts for Boston this season, including a complete game shutout of the Seattle Mariners on May 27.
In the majors this season, Johnson owns a 4.29 ERA, 1.27 WHIP, and 18.5 strikeout percentage across 21 innings. numberFire's models project him to score 25.2 FanDuel points at a cost of $6,600 tonight versus the Blue Jays, but his upside could be limited by a 1.082 park factor in Boston.
- Gorgui Dieng starting for Memphis on Saturday in place of injured Brandon Clarke February 6th, 2021
- Rays' Austin Meadows batting third in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Ji-Man Choi batting leadoff for Rays in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' A.J. Pollock batting eighth in Game 6 on Tuesday October 27th, 2020
- Dodgers' Joc Pederson batting eighth in Game 5 on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Austin Barnes catching for Dodgers in Game 5 of the World Series on Sunday October 25th, 2020
- Jonathan Arauz starting for Boston Sunday September 27th, 2020
- Tzu-Wei Lin starting for Boston Sunday September 27th, 2020
- Christian Arroyo sitting for Red Sox on Sunday September 27th, 2020
- Alex Verdugo not in Red Sox' Sunday lineup September 27th, 2020
- Christian Vazquez sitting for Boston on Sunday September 27th, 2020
- Rafael Devers in Red Sox' Saturday lineup September 26th, 2020