Yan Gomes starting at catcher on Monday for Cleveland
Cleveland Indians catcher Yan Gomes is starting on Monday versus the San Francisco Giants.
Gomes will catch Indians right-hander Josh Tomlin while batting seventh versus southpaw Matt Moore and the Giants. Roberto Perez is back on Cleveland's bench after drawing the start behind the plate on Sunday.
The Indians only have an implied total of 4.44 runs in a matchup with a low over/under (8.5 runs) and poor park factor (0.930), so there are probably better options behind the plate. numberFire's models project Gomes to produce 6.8 FanDuel points at a cost of $2,300 on Monday night.
- Royals trade closer Kelvin Herrera to the Nationals for three minor leaguers June 18th, 2018
- Dodgers-Cubs game on Monday will start in a delay June 18th, 2018
- Alen Hanson on Giants' bench against Marlins June 18th, 2018
- Giants' Kelby Tomlinson recalled, starting on Monday June 18th, 2018
- Brandon Crawford placed on Giants' paternity leave list June 18th, 2018
- Buster Posey (general soreness) returns to action for Giants on Monday June 18th, 2018
- Cleveland's Carlos Carrasco (elbow) escapes serious damage June 18th, 2018
- Jason Kipnis returns to Cleveland's lineup on Monday June 18th, 2018
- Yan Gomes sitting out Monday as Indians host White Sox June 18th, 2018
- Erik Gonzalez absent from Indians' Monday lineup June 18th, 2018
- Yonder Alonso back at first base Monday for Indians June 18th, 2018
- Roberto Perez getting a start behind the plate Monday in Cleveland June 18th, 2018