Yan Gomes starting at catcher on Monday for Cleveland
Cleveland Indians catcher Yan Gomes is starting on Monday versus the San Francisco Giants.
Gomes will catch Indians right-hander Josh Tomlin while batting seventh versus southpaw Matt Moore and the Giants. Roberto Perez is back on Cleveland's bench after drawing the start behind the plate on Sunday.
The Indians only have an implied total of 4.44 runs in a matchup with a low over/under (8.5 runs) and poor park factor (0.930), so there are probably better options behind the plate. numberFire's models project Gomes to produce 6.8 FanDuel points at a cost of $2,300 on Monday night.
- Yankees' outfielder Aaron Judge undergoes shoulder surgery November 21st, 2017
- Houston's Jose Altuve named the 2017 American League MVP November 16th, 2017
- Marlins' Giancarlo Stanton wins NL MVP November 16th, 2017
- Cody Bellinger of the Dodgers named National League Rookie of the Year November 13th, 2017
- Yankees' Aaron Judge unanimous winner of American League Rookie of the Year November 13th, 2017
- George Springer, Astros defeat Dodgers in Game 7 for first World Series title November 2nd, 2017
- Michael Brantley not in Indians' ALDS Game 5 lineup October 11th, 2017
- Lonnie Chisenhall not in Indians' Game 5 lineup October 11th, 2017
- Austin Jackson starting in left field for Game 5 in Cleveland October 11th, 2017
- Jay Bruce drops to seventh in Indians' Game 5 lineup October 11th, 2017
- Edwin Encarnacion (ankle) returns to Indians' lineup for Game 5 of ALDS October 11th, 2017
- Indians' Edwin Encarnacion (ankle) went through running drills on Tuesday October 10th, 2017