Sam Travis absent from Sunday night lineup for Boston
Boston Red Sox first baseman Sam Travis is not in Sunday night's starting lineup.
Travis – the righty half of the first base platoon – started in the first game of the doubleheader today, but will head to the bench for Game 2. Mitch Moreland enters the lineup for the Sunday night contest.
Our models project Travis to hit .250 in 40 more plate appearances this year.
- Francisco Liriano, Tigers reportedly agree to one-year deal February 23rd, 2018
- Orioles' Jonathan Schoop battling elbow bursitis February 23rd, 2018
- Athletics' Matt Chapman's (hand) X-rays come back clean February 23rd, 2018
- Athletics' Matt Chapman undergoing MRI on right hand February 22nd, 2018
- Pirates acquire Corey Dickerson from Rays February 22nd, 2018
- Daniel Hudson headed to Rays after trade with Pirates February 22nd, 2018
- Alex Cora: Hanley Ramirez is Red Sox' number-three hitter February 20th, 2018
- Boston unlikely to trade Jackie Bradley following J.D. Martinez signing February 20th, 2018
- Red Sox ink J.D. Martinez to five-year, $110 million deal February 20th, 2018
- Red Sox still 'open' to signing J.D. Martinez February 19th, 2018
- Eduardo Nunez passes Red Sox physical, officially under contract February 18th, 2018
- Red Sox offer J.D. Martinez five-year, $100 million deal January 17th, 2018