Bengals release receiver Denarius Moore
Wide receiver Denarius Moore was released Monday by the Cincinnati Bengals.
There was some hope Moore could revive his career under Bengals offensive coordinator Hue Jackson, who coached Moore to his best season in 2011. He was unimpressive in OTAs and minicamp, however, and has done next to nothing this preseason. Releasing Moore this early in the process will at least give him a shot to latch on with another team. The Bengals also released/waived defensive tackle Kwame Geathers, linebacker Nico Johnson, defensive end Sam Montgomery, guard Chris Jasperse, wide receiver Desmond Lawrence and tight end John Peters.
Moore flashed as a rookie in 2011, totaling 33 catches for 618 yards and five scores. He didn't make much of a statistical improvement in 2012 or 2013 before falling off a cliff in 2014, when he caught just 12 balls for 115 yards.
- Kurt Suzuki catching for Angels on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Angels' Juan Lagares batting ninth on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Angels' Phil Gosselin batting fourth on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Dodgers' Gavin Lux scratched on Friday, Matt Beaty to start against Reds September 17th, 2021
- Yan Gomes handling catching duties for Athletics on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Oakland's Matt Chapman hitting sixth on Friday night September 17th, 2021
- Kansas City's Ryan O'Hearn receives a breather on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Michael Taylor in center field for Royals on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Royals starting Hanser Alberto at third base on Friday night September 17th, 2021
- Carlos Santana batting fifth in Kansas City's Friday lineup September 17th, 2021
- Adalberto Mondesi sent to Kansas City's bench on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Royals' Brady Singer scratched Friday for Royals, Jon Heasley starting versus Seattle September 17th, 2021