Rangers place Elvis Andrus on paternity leave
Texas Rangers shortstop Elvis Andrus has been placed on the paternity leave list.
Andrus can be on the paternity leave list for up to 72 hours. Jurickson Profar has been called up from Triple-A Round Rock and he'll be starting at shortstop on Wednesday and batting seventh versus right-hander Doug Fister and the Boston Red Sox.
The 28-year-old shortstop is slashing .301/.347/.473 with 11 home runs, 50 RBI, and 20 steals in 82 games this season. numberFire's models project Andrus to record a .300 batting average with 6 home runs, 34 RBI, and 16 steals in 315 plate appearances over the remainder of the year.
- Stephen Piscotty traded from Cardinals to Athletics in exchange for minor leaguers December 14th, 2017
- Marlins 'intend to hold onto' Christian Yelich December 13th, 2017
- Update: Angels officially acquire Ian Kinsler December 13th, 2017
- Angels to acquire four-time All-Star Ian Kinsler from Tigers December 13th, 2017
- Cardinals acquiring Marlins' Marcell Ozuna December 13th, 2017
- Padres acquire Chase Headley and Bryan Mitchell in trade with Yankees December 12th, 2017
- Ryan Rua starting at first base Sunday in Texas October 1st, 2017
- Adrian Beltre back in Rangers' lineup for season finale October 1st, 2017
- Joey Gallo is out Sunday in Texas October 1st, 2017
- Rangers' Jared Hoying is starting in right field on Saturday September 30th, 2017
- Rangers' Willie Calhoun is batting second on Saturday September 30th, 2017
- Shin-Soo Choo is out of the lineup on Saturday September 30th, 2017