Rangers place Elvis Andrus on paternity leave
Texas Rangers shortstop Elvis Andrus has been placed on the paternity leave list.
Andrus can be on the paternity leave list for up to 72 hours. Jurickson Profar has been called up from Triple-A Round Rock and he'll be starting at shortstop on Wednesday and batting seventh versus right-hander Doug Fister and the Boston Red Sox.
The 28-year-old shortstop is slashing .301/.347/.473 with 11 home runs, 50 RBI, and 20 steals in 82 games this season. numberFire's models project Andrus to record a .300 batting average with 6 home runs, 34 RBI, and 16 steals in 315 plate appearances over the remainder of the year.
- Jordan Zimmermann named Tigers' Opening Day starter March 17th, 2018
- White Sox tag veteran James Shields as Opening Day starter March 17th, 2018
- Javier Baez (hamstring) returning to the field Sunday for Cubs March 17th, 2018
- Mets' Yoenis Cespedes (wrist) will return to action on Monday March 17th, 2018
- Mariners' Erasmo Ramirez (shoudler) not expected to be ready for start of regular season March 17th, 2018
- Oakland's Jharel Cotton (elbow) to undergo Tommy John surgery March 17th, 2018
- Bannister: Rangers' Joey Gallo batting second 'a real possibility' March 17th, 2018
- Delino DeShields will start in center field, bat leadoff for Rangers this season March 11th, 2018
- Tim Lincecum finalizes one-year deal with Rangers March 7th, 2018
- Report: Tim Lincecum will sign with Rangers February 27th, 2018
- Joey Gallo to serve as Rangers' everyday first baseman in 2018 February 20th, 2018
- Rangers will not sign Seung Hwan Oh February 17th, 2018