Rangers place Elvis Andrus on paternity leave
Texas Rangers shortstop Elvis Andrus has been placed on the paternity leave list.
Andrus can be on the paternity leave list for up to 72 hours. Jurickson Profar has been called up from Triple-A Round Rock and he'll be starting at shortstop on Wednesday and batting seventh versus right-hander Doug Fister and the Boston Red Sox.
The 28-year-old shortstop is slashing .301/.347/.473 with 11 home runs, 50 RBI, and 20 steals in 82 games this season. numberFire's models project Andrus to record a .300 batting average with 6 home runs, 34 RBI, and 16 steals in 315 plate appearances over the remainder of the year.
- Evan Gattis starting at catcher for Houston in Game 3 October 16th, 2017
- Brian McCann is out of the lineup for Astros in Game 3 October 16th, 2017
- Cameron Maybin is batting ninth in Game 3 for Houston October 16th, 2017
- Carlos Beltran is on the Astros' bench for Game 3 October 16th, 2017
- Josh Reddick dropped to eighth in Astros Game 3 lineup October 16th, 2017
- Alex Bregman will bat second as Astros visit New York for Game 3 October 16th, 2017
- Ryan Rua starting at first base Sunday in Texas October 1st, 2017
- Adrian Beltre back in Rangers' lineup for season finale October 1st, 2017
- Joey Gallo is out Sunday in Texas October 1st, 2017
- Rangers' Jared Hoying is starting in right field on Saturday September 30th, 2017
- Rangers' Willie Calhoun is batting second on Saturday September 30th, 2017
- Shin-Soo Choo is out of the lineup on Saturday September 30th, 2017