Rangers place Elvis Andrus on paternity leave
Texas Rangers shortstop Elvis Andrus has been placed on the paternity leave list.
Andrus can be on the paternity leave list for up to 72 hours. Jurickson Profar has been called up from Triple-A Round Rock and he'll be starting at shortstop on Wednesday and batting seventh versus right-hander Doug Fister and the Boston Red Sox.
The 28-year-old shortstop is slashing .301/.347/.473 with 11 home runs, 50 RBI, and 20 steals in 82 games this season. numberFire's models project Andrus to record a .300 batting average with 6 home runs, 34 RBI, and 16 steals in 315 plate appearances over the remainder of the year.
- Devin Mesoraco draws the start behind the plate for Mets on Sunday July 22nd, 2018
- Brandon Drury moves to Yankees bench on Sunday night July 22nd, 2018
- Austin Romine sitting out Sunday's game for Yankees July 22nd, 2018
- Mets' Kevin Plawecki absent from Sunday's lineup July 22nd, 2018
- Neil Walker rounds out bottom of Yankees' order on Sunday July 22nd, 2018
- Brett Gardner leading off for Yankees on Sunday night July 22nd, 2018
- Delino DeShields in Texas' Sunday lineup July 22nd, 2018
- Isiah Kiner-Falefa starting for Texas on Sunday July 22nd, 2018
- Adrian Beltre sitting for Texas on Sunday July 22nd, 2018
- Ronald Guzman in lineup for Texas on Sunday July 22nd, 2018
- Carlos Tocci sitting for Rangers on Sunday July 22nd, 2018
- Robinson Chirinos sitting for Texas on Sunday July 22nd, 2018