Dodgers pull Brandon McCarthy (blister) after four innings
Los Angeles Dodgers starting pitcher Brandon McCarthy (blister) was removed from his start on Thursday after throwing just four innings due to a blister.
McCarthy threw 85 pitches, allowing two runs on seven hits before being replaced by a pinch-hitter in the top of the fifth. The Dodgers are hopeful the blister won't cost him next week's start against the Washington Nationals.
McCarthy fell to 5-2 on the year. He owns a 3.38 ERA with a 47/13 strikeout to walk ratio in 50 2/3 innings pitched.
- Francisco Liriano, Tigers reportedly agree to one-year deal February 23rd, 2018
- Orioles' Jonathan Schoop battling elbow bursitis February 23rd, 2018
- Athletics' Matt Chapman's (hand) X-rays come back clean February 23rd, 2018
- Athletics' Matt Chapman undergoing MRI on right hand February 22nd, 2018
- Pirates acquire Corey Dickerson from Rays February 22nd, 2018
- Daniel Hudson headed to Rays after trade with Pirates February 22nd, 2018
- Dodgers' Austin Barnes dealing with elbow discomfort February 22nd, 2018
- Report: Yasmani Grandal could be Dodgers' primary catcher in 2018 February 18th, 2018
- Chase Utley re-signs with the Dodgers on a 2-year deal February 13th, 2018
- Cubs sign Yu Darvish to six-year, $126 million contract February 10th, 2018
- Dodgers' free agent Yu Darvish expected to sign with a team this week January 28th, 2018
- Giants expect decision from Giancarlo Stanton by week's end December 7th, 2017