Justin Nicolino (finger) headed to Marlins' 10-day DL
The Miami Marlins placed starting pitcher Justin Nicolino on the 10-day disabled list with a left index finger contusion.
Nicolino suffered a blood blister on his left index finger Tuesday while laying down a bunt. He should only miss one go-round of the Marlins' rotation. Jeff Locke (biceps) has been activated in a corresponding roster move and will make his season debut Thursday night against the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Over 13 innings pitched in 2017, Nicolino has a lackluster 4.15 ERA with a similarly lagging 15.5 percent strikeout rate and 10.3 percent walk rate. His 4.79 SIERA doesn't indicate he's getting that unlucky, either.
- Seattle's Justus Sheffield to pitch on Friday out of the bullpen April 23rd, 2019
- Mariners' Yusei Kikuchi to make a shortened start on Friday April 23rd, 2019
- Cleveland's Carlos Carrasco being sent for an MRI on his left knee April 23rd, 2019
- Cubs' Addison Russell (suspension) to begin playing games in Triple-A on Wednesday April 23rd, 2019
- Rangers' Hunter Pence starting at DH Tuesday night April 23rd, 2019
- Delino DeShields is not starting Tuesday for Texas April 23rd, 2019
- Max Kepler hitting eighth for Minnesota Tuesday April 23rd, 2019
- Jason Castro on Twins' bench versus Houston April 23rd, 2019
- Mitch Garver at top of Twins' order Tuesday April 23rd, 2019
- Marwin Gonzalez starting Monday for Minnesota April 22nd, 2019
- Jorge Polanco in Twins' two-hole versus Astros April 22nd, 2019
- Jason Castro behind plate for Twins against Houston April 22nd, 2019