Royals' Eric Skoglund to make major league debut Tuesday
Kansas City Royals pitching prospect Eric Skoglund will make his first major league start on Tuesday night against the Detroit Tigers.
The Royals selected Skoglund in the third round of 2014 draft. With Danny Duffy (oblique) out for some time, the 24-year-old left-hander should be able to stick around in the rotation if he performs well. He's worth a speculative add for fantasy purposes.
Skoglund recorded a 4.53 ERA, 1.24 WHIP and 21.7 strikeout percentage across 43 2/3 innings (eight starts) this season at Triple-A Omaha.
- Cleveland's Francisco Lindor (calf) will begin season on injured list March 22nd, 2019
- Julio Urias to open season in Dodgers' rotation March 22nd, 2019
- Cubs' Yu Darvish (blister) expects to be ready for Opening Day March 22nd, 2019
- Brewers' Jimmy Nelson bothered by sore elbow March 22nd, 2019
- White Sox choose Alex Colome to close March 22nd, 2019
- Mets' Pete Alonso to make Opening Day roster March 22nd, 2019
- Brad Keller named Royals' Opening Day starter March 12th, 2019
- Royals sign Martin Maldonado to a one-year, $2.5 million deal March 9th, 2019
- Royals' Salvador Perez (elbow) to undergo Tommy John Surgery Wednesday March 5th, 2019
- Royals' Salvador Perez expected to undergo Tommy John, miss entire 2019 season, per report March 2nd, 2019
- Salvador Perez reportedly suffers UCL injury, may need Tommy John surgery March 1st, 2019
- Brett Phillips will start for Royals on Sunday afternoon September 30th, 2018