Braves sign first baseman James Loney to fill in for Freddie Freeman
The Atlanta Braves have signed first baseman James Loney.
Loney will help to offset the loss of Freddie Freeman to a broken wrist. The veteran Loney went to spring training with the Texas Rangers and was most recently with the Detroit Tigers' organization before being released last week. He will likely platoon with Jace Peterson at first until Freeman is ready to return in after the All-Star Break.
Loney batted .265 with a .302 wOBA in 366 plate appearances in 2016 while with the Tampa Bay Rays.
- Jorge Soler leading off for Braves in Game 5 on Sunday October 31st, 2021
- Joc Pederson batting fifth in Atlanta's Saturday Game 4 lineup October 30th, 2021
- Jorge Soler heads to Atlanta's bench on Saturday October 30th, 2021
- Jose Siri out of Houston's Game 3 Friday lineup October 29th, 2021
- Joc Pederson heads to Atlanta's bench on Friday night October 29th, 2021
- Braves' Eddie Rosario leading off in Game 2 on Wednesday October 27th, 2021
- Dustin Garneau starting on Sunday for Detroit October 3rd, 2021
- Zack Short starting for Tigers Sunday October 3rd, 2021
- Jeimer Candelario sitting for Tigers on Sunday October 3rd, 2021
- Willi Castro starting on Sunday for Detroit October 3rd, 2021
- Miguel Cabrera sitting for Detroit on Sunday October 3rd, 2021
- Niko Goodrum in Tigers' Sunday lineup October 3rd, 2021