Braves could be without Freddie Freeman 8-10 weeks (wrist)
Atlanta Braves first baseman Freddie Freeman will likely miss 8-10 weeks if his left wrist is fractured, according to beat writer Mark Bowman of MLB.com.
Freeman left Wednesday's contest in the bottom of the fifth inning after a fastball plunked his left wrist. X-rays initially turned up inconclusive, so he received an MRI and a CT scan. Expect further clarification on the diagnosis later on Thursday.
The 27-year-old Freeman has hit 14 gophers and 25 RBI's with four stolen bases this season while putting up a .341/.461/.748 slash and 1.209 OPS in 165 plate appearances. He's lowered his strikeout rate to 18.8 percent from a career-high 24.7 percent last year.
- Astros' Justin Verlander (groin) on schedule, doing well March 31st, 2020
- Red Sox's Chris Sale undergoes Tommy John March 30th, 2020
- Mets' Noah Syndergaard reportedly requires Tommy John for elbow injury March 24th, 2020
- Sam Tuivailala released by Mariners March 20th, 2020
- Mets-Marlins in Puerto Rico canceled by COVID-19 March 19th, 2020
- Diamondbacks-Padres April 18-19 Mexico City series canceled March 19th, 2020
- Braves' Freddie Freeman (elbow) in lineup for Monday night game March 2nd, 2020
- Braves' Mike Soroka (groin) making debut Friday February 27th, 2020
- Braves' Julio Teheran (hamstring) to debut by Monday February 26th, 2020
- Freddie Freeman (elbow) back for Braves next week February 26th, 2020
- Atlanta's Cole Hamels (shoulder) 'at least a few weeks away from being cleared to throw' February 16th, 2020
- Matt Joyce out of Atlanta's Game 5 lineup October 9th, 2019