White Sox's Geovany Soto (elbow) may need surgery
Chicago White Sox catcher Geovany Soto (elbow) did not rule out the possibility of surgery.
Soto landed on the 10-day disabled list on Wednesday due to inflammation in his right elbow. This is the second time elbow problems have sent him to the DL this season. Additional evaluation will likely be needed before a decision on surgery is made.
Soto is hitting just .190 (8-of-42) in 48 plate appearances this season.
- Ty France batting fifth for Mariners on Tuesday May 11th, 2021
- Jose Marmolejos out of Seattle's Tuesday lineup against Dodgers May 11th, 2021
- Seattle's Luis Torrens hitting in sixth spot on Tuesday night May 11th, 2021
- Colorado's Josh Fuentes sitting on Tuesday night May 11th, 2021
- DJ Peters not in Dodgers' lineup on Tuesday May 11th, 2021
- Dom Nunez catching for Rockies on Tuesday May 11th, 2021
- Adam Eaton batting second for White Sox on Tuesday May 11th, 2021
- Danny Mendick starting on Saturday for Chicago May 8th, 2021
- Yasmani Grandal starting on Saturday for Chicago May 8th, 2021
- Zack Collins sitting for White Sox Saturday night May 8th, 2021
- Adam Eaton sitting for Chicago on Saturday May 8th, 2021
- White Sox's Yasmani Grandal receives a breather on Friday May 7th, 2021