Tommy Milone will start on Wednesday for the Mets
The New York Mets will have newly acquired starting pitcher Tommy Milone start on Wednesday versus the San Francisco Giants.
Milone was picked up off of waivers this weekend after being designated for assignment by the Milwaukee Brewers. With all the injuries to the Mets' rotation, Milone will immediately get thrown into the fire and bump Rafael Montero from the rotation.
Milone made six appearances (three starts) for the Brewers this season with a 6.84 ERA. Most of it was bad luck, though, as he owns a 3.94 SIERA and a .333 BABIP through 21 innings pitched.
- Kenley Jansen (heart) feels "great", hoping to return next week August 17th, 2018
- Cubs-Pirates expected to start at 8:50 PM ET on Friday August 17th, 2018
- Marlins' Jose Urena to appeal his six-game suspension August 17th, 2018
- Martin Maldonado starting for Astros on Friday night August 17th, 2018
- Astros' Tony Kemp not starting on Friday night August 17th, 2018
- Max Stassi heading back to Astros' bench on Friday August 17th, 2018
- Spencer Kieboom not in Nationals' Thursday lineup August 16th, 2018
- Michael A. Taylor sitting for Washington on Thursday August 16th, 2018
- Matt Wieters in Nationals' Thursday lineup August 16th, 2018
- Adam Eaton starting for Nationals on Thursday August 16th, 2018
- Matt Wieters on Nationals' bench against Cardinals August 15th, 2018
- Matt Adams sitting for Washington on Wednesday August 15th, 2018