Jeremy Guthrie's spot in the Royals' rotation is in jeopardy
Kansas City Royals manager Ned Yost said on Thursday "Like I’m going to sit here and tell you if he is or he isn’t,” when asked if starting pitcher Jeremy Guthrie will remain in the rotation, according to the Kansas City Star.
Guthrie lasted only 4 1/3 innings and gave up three earned runs on seven hits in his last start against the Cincinnati Reds on Wednesday.
No one would fault Yost if he decided to move Jeremy Guthrie out of the rotation considering he has a 5.65 ERA to go along with a league-high (among qualified starter) 5.17 xFIP on the season. Our algorithm projects Guthrie will improve to a 4.94 ERA for the rest of the season, provided he remains in the rotation. The Kansas City Star goes on to report Kris Medlen is the most probable candidate to take Guthrie's place. Medlen has a 2.51 ERA and a 3.40 xFIP in 14 1/3 innings out of the bullpen this season.
- Jeremy Lamb (conditioning) questionable Saturday for Pacers January 7th, 2022
- Jorge Soler leading off for Braves in Game 5 on Sunday October 31st, 2021
- Joc Pederson batting fifth in Atlanta's Saturday Game 4 lineup October 30th, 2021
- Jorge Soler heads to Atlanta's bench on Saturday October 30th, 2021
- Jose Siri out of Houston's Game 3 Friday lineup October 29th, 2021
- Joc Pederson heads to Atlanta's bench on Friday night October 29th, 2021
- Nationals' Keibert Ruiz sitting Sunday October 3rd, 2021
- Andrew Stevenson sitting for Nationals Sunday October 3rd, 2021
- Ryan Zimmerman starting for Nats Sunday October 3rd, 2021
- Alex Avila starting for Nationals Sunday October 3rd, 2021
- Washington's Yadiel Hernandez scratched on Friday, Andrew Stevenson batting eighth October 1st, 2021
- Jordy Mercer operating second base for Washington on Friday October 1st, 2021