Steven Wright (knee), Red Sox discussing surgery
Boston Red Sox starting pitcher Steven Wright (knee) is meeting with the club on Wednesday to discuss the possibility of surgery.
Wright landed on the 10-day disabled list on Monday due to a sprained left knee in a continuation of issues that began back in spring training. If the 32-year-old right-hander opts for surgery, his 2017 season will likely be over.
Wright's 8.25 ERA this season is pretty ugly, but his 5.08 xFIP suggests it hasn't all been his fault. He's also twirled a 1.88 WHIP and 11.4 strikeout percentage while going 1-3 in 24 innings (five starts).
- Brian McCann starting at catcher for Houston on Wednesday June 20th, 2018
- Josh Reddick in the Astros' lineup on Wednesday June 20th, 2018
- Devin Mesoraco starting for Mets on Wednesday night June 20th, 2018
- Rangers' Carlos Tocci starting on Wednesday June 20th, 2018
- Delino DeShields sitting for Rangers on Wednesday June 20th, 2018
- Colorado's Chris Iannetta out of the lineup against the Mets June 20th, 2018
- Max Kepler in Minnesota's lineup versus Boston June 20th, 2018
- Brock Holt starting at second base Wednesday for Red Sox June 20th, 2018
- Christian Vazquez starting behind the plate Wednesday as Red Sox play Twins June 20th, 2018
- Sandy Leon sitting out Wednesday for Red Sox June 20th, 2018
- Eduardo Nunez sitting out as Red Sox play Twins June 20th, 2018
- Brock Holt heads to the Boston bench on Tuesday June 19th, 2018