Steven Wright (knee), Red Sox discussing surgery
Boston Red Sox starting pitcher Steven Wright (knee) is meeting with the club on Wednesday to discuss the possibility of surgery.
Wright landed on the 10-day disabled list on Monday due to a sprained left knee in a continuation of issues that began back in spring training. If the 32-year-old right-hander opts for surgery, his 2017 season will likely be over.
Wright's 8.25 ERA this season is pretty ugly, but his 5.08 xFIP suggests it hasn't all been his fault. He's also twirled a 1.88 WHIP and 11.4 strikeout percentage while going 1-3 in 24 innings (five starts).
- Martin Maldonado is starting at catcher for the Angels September 24th, 2017
- George Springer leading off for Houston Sunday night September 24th, 2017
- Jose Altuve is back in the lineup for the Astros September 24th, 2017
- Astros' Brian McCann is batting ninth on Sunday September 24th, 2017
- Josh Reddick is in the Astros' Sunday lineup September 24th, 2017
- Marwin Gonzalez is on the bench for Houston September 24th, 2017
- Boston's Christian Vazquez will sit out Sunday September 24th, 2017
- Brock Holt sitting out Sunday as Red Sox play in Cincinnati September 24th, 2017
- Sandy Leon starting at catcher Sunday for Boston September 24th, 2017
- Dustin Pedroia is back in Boston's lineup on Sunday September 24th, 2017
- Mookie Betts (foot) returns Sunday for Red Sox September 24th, 2017
- Chris Young is in the lineup for Boston on Saturday September 23rd, 2017