John Lackey gets rocked in Cubs' loss on Sunday
Chicago Cubs starting pitcher John Lackey notched his third loss of the season after giving up seven runs -- five earned -- over six innings in a 7-5 loss to the Cincinnati Reds on Sunday.
Lackey walked two and gave up six hits -- including a two-run blast by Scott Schebler -- while striking out seven on Sunday. The veteran right-hander is off to a shaky start this year and faces a tough Boston Red Sox team in his next start, later this week.
Lackey owns a 1-3 record with a 4.88 ERA, 1.29 WHIP and 26 strikeouts in 24 innings pitched so far in 2017.
- Pablo Sandoval starting for Giants versus Athletics July 20th, 2018
- Chase d'Arnaud sitting for San Francisco on Friday July 20th, 2018
- Nick Hundley playing designated hitter for Giants in Oakland July 20th, 2018
- Alen Hanson starting for Giants on Friday July 20th, 2018
- Steven Duggar leading off for Giants on Friday July 20th, 2018
- Gerardo Parra sitting for Rockies on Friday night July 20th, 2018
- Ben Zobrist out of the Cubs' lineup on Friday July 20th, 2018
- Cubs' Albert Almora starting in center field on Friday July 20th, 2018
- Ian Happ not starting for Cubs on Friday July 20th, 2018
- Willson Contreras batting fifth for Cubs on Friday afternoon July 20th, 2018
- Cubs' Javier Baez starting at second base on Friday July 20th, 2018
- Cubs' Brandon Morrow (biceps) had MRI Thursday July 20th, 2018