John Lackey gets rocked in Cubs' loss on Sunday
Chicago Cubs starting pitcher John Lackey notched his third loss of the season after giving up seven runs -- five earned -- over six innings in a 7-5 loss to the Cincinnati Reds on Sunday.
Lackey walked two and gave up six hits -- including a two-run blast by Scott Schebler -- while striking out seven on Sunday. The veteran right-hander is off to a shaky start this year and faces a tough Boston Red Sox team in his next start, later this week.
Lackey owns a 1-3 record with a 4.88 ERA, 1.29 WHIP and 26 strikeouts in 24 innings pitched so far in 2017.
- Houston's Jose Altuve named the 2017 American League MVP November 16th, 2017
- Marlins' Giancarlo Stanton wins NL MVP November 16th, 2017
- Cody Bellinger of the Dodgers named National League Rookie of the Year November 13th, 2017
- Yankees' Aaron Judge unanimous winner of American League Rookie of the Year November 13th, 2017
- George Springer, Astros defeat Dodgers in Game 7 for first World Series title November 2nd, 2017
- Astros' Yulieski Gurriel suspended five games in 2018 for gesture October 28th, 2017
- Cubs' Ben Zobrist is batting eighth in Game 5 October 19th, 2017
- Jon Jay is not in the Cubs' Game 5 starting lineup October 19th, 2017
- Cubs' Javier Baez is starting at second base in Game 4 October 18th, 2017
- Jason Heyward is out of the Cubs' lineup for Game 4 October 18th, 2017
- Ben Zobrist is out of the Cubs' lineup for Game 4 October 18th, 2017
- Cubs' Albert Almora is leading off in Game 4 October 18th, 2017