John Lackey gets rocked in Cubs' loss on Sunday
Chicago Cubs starting pitcher John Lackey notched his third loss of the season after giving up seven runs -- five earned -- over six innings in a 7-5 loss to the Cincinnati Reds on Sunday.
Lackey walked two and gave up six hits -- including a two-run blast by Scott Schebler -- while striking out seven on Sunday. The veteran right-hander is off to a shaky start this year and faces a tough Boston Red Sox team in his next start, later this week.
Lackey owns a 1-3 record with a 4.88 ERA, 1.29 WHIP and 26 strikeouts in 24 innings pitched so far in 2017.
- Marlins' J.T. Realmuto (back) expects to be ready for Opening Day March 19th, 2018
- Twins' Jorge Polanco banned 80 games for PEDs March 18th, 2018
- Justin Grimm signs 1-year, $1.25 million deal with Royals March 18th, 2018
- Mets' Jason Vargas has fractured bone in glove hand March 18th, 2018
- Trevor Cahill reportedly signs 1-year deal with Athletics March 18th, 2018
- Jordan Zimmermann named Tigers' Opening Day starter March 17th, 2018
- Javier Baez (hamstring) returning to the field Sunday for Cubs March 17th, 2018
- Javier Baez (hamstring) set to return for Cubs on Saturday March 15th, 2018
- Javier Baez (hamstring) expected to return for Cubs this week March 14th, 2018
- Cubs' Javier Baez still dealing with soreness in hamstring on Friday March 9th, 2018
- Cubs' Javier Baez (hamstring) says cramp caused early exit on Thursday March 8th, 2018
- Cubs' Javier Baez leaves game with possible hamstring injury on Thursday March 8th, 2018