Tigers' Miguel Cabrera left Friday's game with right groin strain
Detroit Tigers first baseman Miguel Cabrera was pulled from Friday's game against the Minnesota Twins in the seventh inning due to a right groin strain.
The injury may have occurred while diving for a ball defensively in the sixth inning. He'll be re-evaluated on Saturday. Cabrera has already been battling a lower back issue this season and there's a chance that this new injury could force him to the disabled list. If that were to occur, James Loney could be recalled from Triple-A to replace him.
Our models project Cabrera for 582 more plate appearances in 2017, hitting .320 with 29 home runs, 85 runs, and 98 RBI's.
- Jorge Soler leading off for Braves in Game 5 on Sunday October 31st, 2021
- Joc Pederson batting fifth in Atlanta's Saturday Game 4 lineup October 30th, 2021
- Jorge Soler heads to Atlanta's bench on Saturday October 30th, 2021
- Jose Siri out of Houston's Game 3 Friday lineup October 29th, 2021
- Joc Pederson heads to Atlanta's bench on Friday night October 29th, 2021
- Braves' Eddie Rosario leading off in Game 2 on Wednesday October 27th, 2021
- Dustin Garneau starting on Sunday for Detroit October 3rd, 2021
- Zack Short starting for Tigers Sunday October 3rd, 2021
- Jeimer Candelario sitting for Tigers on Sunday October 3rd, 2021
- Willi Castro starting on Sunday for Detroit October 3rd, 2021
- Miguel Cabrera sitting for Detroit on Sunday October 3rd, 2021
- Niko Goodrum in Tigers' Sunday lineup October 3rd, 2021