Braves giving Dansby Swanson (rest) a day off on Thursday
The Atlanta Braves are giving rookie shortstop Dansby Swanson (rest) the day off on Thursday as they face the Washington Nationals.
Swanson is getting a routine day off as he has played in every game so far this season. Jace Peterson will fill in at short and bat seventh versus the Nats and Stephen Strasburg.
Swanson has gotten off to a slow start. He is batting .131/.159/.197 with one home run, three RBI's and two runs scored in 63 plate appearances this season.
- Houston's Jose Altuve named the 2017 American League MVP November 16th, 2017
- Marlins' Giancarlo Stanton wins NL MVP November 16th, 2017
- Cody Bellinger of the Dodgers named National League Rookie of the Year November 13th, 2017
- Yankees' Aaron Judge unanimous winner of American League Rookie of the Year November 13th, 2017
- George Springer, Astros defeat Dodgers in Game 7 for first World Series title November 2nd, 2017
- Astros' Yulieski Gurriel suspended five games in 2018 for gesture October 28th, 2017
- Tyler Flowers absent from Braves lineup on Sunday October 1st, 2017
- Kurt Suzuki starting on Sunday for Braves October 1st, 2017
- Micah Johnson is out Saturday for Atlanta September 30th, 2017
- Braves' Jace Peterson is starting in left field Saturday September 30th, 2017
- Kurt Suzuki is not in Braves' Saturday lineup September 30th, 2017
- Tyler Flowers batting cleanup on Saturday for Braves September 30th, 2017