Braves giving Dansby Swanson (rest) a day off on Thursday
The Atlanta Braves are giving rookie shortstop Dansby Swanson (rest) the day off on Thursday as they face the Washington Nationals.
Swanson is getting a routine day off as he has played in every game so far this season. Jace Peterson will fill in at short and bat seventh versus the Nats and Stephen Strasburg.
Swanson has gotten off to a slow start. He is batting .131/.159/.197 with one home run, three RBI's and two runs scored in 63 plate appearances this season.
- Jordan Zimmermann named Tigers' Opening Day starter March 17th, 2018
- Bannister: Rangers' Joey Gallo batting second 'a real possibility' March 17th, 2018
- White Sox tag veteran James Shields as Opening Day starter March 17th, 2018
- Javier Baez (hamstring) returning to the field Sunday for Cubs March 17th, 2018
- Mets' Yoenis Cespedes (wrist) will return to action on Monday March 17th, 2018
- Mariners' Erasmo Ramirez (shoudler) not expected to be ready for start of regular season March 17th, 2018
- Braves' Luiz Gohara (ankle) not expected to join rotation until May March 12th, 2018
- Braves' Luiz Gohara (groin) headed for X-rays after spraining ankle at practice March 9th, 2018
- Tyler Flowers absent from Braves lineup on Sunday October 1st, 2017
- Kurt Suzuki starting on Sunday for Braves October 1st, 2017
- Micah Johnson is out Saturday for Atlanta September 30th, 2017
- Braves' Jace Peterson is starting in left field Saturday September 30th, 2017