Braves giving Dansby Swanson (rest) a day off on Thursday
The Atlanta Braves are giving rookie shortstop Dansby Swanson (rest) the day off on Thursday as they face the Washington Nationals.
Swanson is getting a routine day off as he has played in every game so far this season. Jace Peterson will fill in at short and bat seventh versus the Nats and Stephen Strasburg.
Swanson has gotten off to a slow start. He is batting .131/.159/.197 with one home run, three RBI's and two runs scored in 63 plate appearances this season.
- Christian Yelich's relationship with Marlins 'irrevocably broken' January 16th, 2018
- Giants' Hunter Pence will move to left field in 2018 January 16th, 2018
- Andrew McCutchen to play right field following trade to Giants January 16th, 2018
- Josh Harrison prefers trade if Pirates aren't looking to compete January 16th, 2018
- Report: Giants acquire Andrew McCutchen from Pirates January 15th, 2018
- Astros officially acquire Gerrit Cole from Pirates January 13th, 2018
- Tyler Flowers absent from Braves lineup on Sunday October 1st, 2017
- Kurt Suzuki starting on Sunday for Braves October 1st, 2017
- Micah Johnson is out Saturday for Atlanta September 30th, 2017
- Braves' Jace Peterson is starting in left field Saturday September 30th, 2017
- Kurt Suzuki is not in Braves' Saturday lineup September 30th, 2017
- Tyler Flowers batting cleanup on Saturday for Braves September 30th, 2017