Braves giving Dansby Swanson (rest) a day off on Thursday
The Atlanta Braves are giving rookie shortstop Dansby Swanson (rest) the day off on Thursday as they face the Washington Nationals.
Swanson is getting a routine day off as he has played in every game so far this season. Jace Peterson will fill in at short and bat seventh versus the Nats and Stephen Strasburg.
Swanson has gotten off to a slow start. He is batting .131/.159/.197 with one home run, three RBI's and two runs scored in 63 plate appearances this season.
- Evan Gattis out of the Astros' lineup against Minnesota May 29th, 2017
- Andrew Benintendi on Boston's bench Monday afternoon May 29th, 2017
- Todd Frazier playing designated hitter for White Sox May 29th, 2017
- Adam Jones (ankle, hip) back in the Orioles' lineup on Monday May 29th, 2017
- White Sox giving Leury Garcia Monday off versus Boston May 29th, 2017
- Mets' Steven Matz (elbow) fires a perfect five-inning rehab start May 29th, 2017
- Dansby Swanson getting the night off for Atlanta May 24th, 2017
- Matt Adams' big game lifts Atlanta to a win over Pittsburgh May 24th, 2017
- Braves' Jim Johnson notches another save on Monday May 23rd, 2017
- Braves sign first baseman James Loney to fill in for Freddie Freeman May 18th, 2017
- Braves' Freddie Freeman diagnosed with a fractured wrist May 18th, 2017
- Braves could be without Freddie Freeman 8-10 weeks (wrist) May 18th, 2017