Braves giving Dansby Swanson (rest) a day off on Thursday
The Atlanta Braves are giving rookie shortstop Dansby Swanson (rest) the day off on Thursday as they face the Washington Nationals.
Swanson is getting a routine day off as he has played in every game so far this season. Jace Peterson will fill in at short and bat seventh versus the Nats and Stephen Strasburg.
Swanson has gotten off to a slow start. He is batting .131/.159/.197 with one home run, three RBI's and two runs scored in 63 plate appearances this season.
- Mariners give Kyle Seager a day off on Saturday April 22nd, 2017
- Tigers' Miguel Cabrera (groin) lands on disabled list April 22nd, 2017
- Miguel Cabrera undergoes MRI and will miss Detroit's next two games April 22nd, 2017
- Jose Bautista's homer propels Blue Jays to 13th-inning victory April 22nd, 2017
- Cardinals' Adam Wainwright whiffs nine and drives in four on Friday April 22nd, 2017
- Cole Hamels goes eight strong in Rangers' win over Royals April 22nd, 2017
- Braves giving Dansby Swanson (rest) a day off on Thursday April 20th, 2017
- Braves activate Matt Kemp (hamstring) from disabled list April 20th, 2017
- Matt Kemp (hamstring) set for rehab games April 18th, 2017
- Freddie Freeman's big night lifts Braves over San Diego April 18th, 2017
- Braves hopeful Tyler Flowers (hamstring) can return this week April 17th, 2017
- Tyler Flowers (hamstring) absent from Braves' lineup versus San Diego April 17th, 2017