Steven Matz (elbow) expected to be on Mets' sidelines until May
New York Mets starter Steven Matz (elbow) will be shut down for the next three weeks and is expected to miss all of April.
The good news is that the MRI came back clean, so hopefully Matz will be able to make his 2017 sometime in early May. He received a platelet-rich plasma injection Wednesday.
Prior to this announcement, numberFire's metrics projected Matz to go 10-8 in 2017 while twirling a 3.49 ERA, 1.22 WHIP and 22.1 strikeout percentage across 162 1/3 innings.
- Christian Vazquez hitting sixth in Houston's Saturday World Series Game 6 lineup November 5th, 2022
- Trey Mancini operating first base for Astros on Saturday November 5th, 2022
- Yuli Gurriel (knee) taken off Houston's World Series roster on Saturday November 5th, 2022
- Matt Vierling in center field for Philadelphia on Saturday night November 5th, 2022
- Phillies starting Edmundo Sosa at shortstop in Saturday's World Series Game 6 matchup November 5th, 2022
- Astros' David Hensley batting seventh in Game 5 on Thursday November 3rd, 2022
- Juan Yepez operating right field in St. Louis' Saturday Wild Card Game 2 lineup October 8th, 2022
- Cardinals bench Dylan Carlson on Saturday October 8th, 2022
- Alec Burleson left off Cardinals' Wild Card roster October 7th, 2022
- Corey Dickerson in left field for St. Louis on Wednesday October 5th, 2022
- Paul Goldschmidt sent to Cardinals' bench on Wednesday afternoon October 5th, 2022
- Cardinals rest Albert Pujols on Wednesday October 5th, 2022