Jung Ho Kang won't be available for Pirates' Opening Day
Pittsburgh Pirates infielder Jung Ho Kang will not be ready for Opening Day, general manager Neal Huntington confirmed.
Kang has yet to arrive at Pirates camp, so this doesn't come as any surprise. He was charged with his third DUI in seven years on December 2 in Seoul, and that's made it difficult for him to secure a work visa. There's not any current timetable for Kang's return to the active roster.
For now, numberFire's models expect Kang to make 355 plate appearances this season while hitting .262 with 16 home runs and 54 RBI's.
- Orioles' Dylan Bundy strikes out 14 in complete game win May 24th, 2018
- Royals' Ramon Torres filling in for Alex Gordon (hip, neck) on Thursday May 24th, 2018
- Alex Gordon (hip, neck) scratched from Royals' lineup Thursday, Ramon Torres draws start May 24th, 2018
- Ryan Goins is starting at third base for Royals on Thursday May 24th, 2018
- Rays' Nathan Eovaldi to make season debut on Monday or Tuesday May 24th, 2018
- Royals' Drew Butera out of the lineup on Thursday May 24th, 2018
- Sean Rodriguez starting for Pittsburgh against Reds May 24th, 2018
- David Freese starting for Pirates on Thursday afternoon May 24th, 2018
- Gregory Polanco out of Pirates' lineup Thursday afternoon May 24th, 2018
- Jordy Mercer sitting for Pittsburgh in Cincinnati May 24th, 2018
- Adam Frazier starting in right field Thursday for Pirates May 24th, 2018
- Josh Bell out of Pirates' lineup in Thursday's series finale May 24th, 2018