Rockies' David Dahl (rib) not cleared to swing bat yet
Colorado Rockies outfielder David Dahl has not been cleared to hit yet after an MRI last Friday showed that his injured rib was still healing.
Dahl was hoping to be further along the healing process, but without the clearance to take swings, the outfielder will likely not take part in any spring training games. He is still about 10 days away from being able to participate in any baseball activities. He will start the season on the disabled list with Gerardo Parra manning left field for Colorado.
Dahl is projected to hit .273 across 513 plate appearances this season while mashing 18 taters with 60 RBI's and 15 stolen bases.
- Yankees "making progress toward" trade for Athletics' Sonny Gray, Yonder Alonso July 25th, 2017
- White Sox receive outfielder Ryan Cordell in trade with Brewers July 25th, 2017
- Cardinals' Adam Wainwright (back) lands on the disabled list July 25th, 2017
- Brewers acquire Anthony Swarzak from White Sox July 25th, 2017
- Twins' Jason Castro dropped to eighth in Tuesday's lineup July 25th, 2017
- Twins' Robbie Grossman sitting on Tuesday July 25th, 2017
- Ryan Hanigan starting at catcher Tuesday for Colorado July 25th, 2017
- Tony Wolters is out Tuesday as Rockies play Cardinals July 25th, 2017
- Mark Reynolds not in Rockies' Tuesday lineup July 25th, 2017
- Ian Desmond back at first base Tuesday for Rockies July 25th, 2017
- Gerardo Parra is starting in left field for the Rockies July 24th, 2017
- Ian Desmond is out of the Rockies' Monday lineup July 24th, 2017