Red Sox's David Price getting elbow looked at Monday
Boston Red Sox starting pitcher David Price (elbow) has a checkup with a team doctor on Monday.
Price could potentially be cleared to increase the intensity level of his throwing workouts, which would provide the Red Sox a clearer sense of when their 31-year-old southpaw can make his 2017 debut. He's not expected to be out for long.
Without yet accounting for the missed time, numberFire's algorithms project Price to go 14-10 while recording a 3.41 ERA, 1.16 WHIP and 24.7 strikeout percentage across 214 innings in 2017. He's our 12th-ranked fantasy pitcher overall for the upcoming campaign.
- Rangers agree to a $49.5M extension with Rougned Odor March 25th, 2017
- Indians and Jose Ramirez agree to $26M extension March 25th, 2017
- Rockies' Jon Gray departs outing with foot soreness March 24th, 2017
- Tigers' J.D. Martinez diagnosed with Lisfranc sprain in right foot March 24th, 2017
- Marlins calling upon Edinson Volquez for opener March 24th, 2017
- Will Smith opts for Tommy John surgery on elbow March 24th, 2017
- Red Sox have yet to clear David Price (elbow) to start throwing March 21st, 2017
- Red Sox's David Price getting elbow looked at Monday March 20th, 2017
- Boston's Tyler Thornburg (arm) scheduled for another bullpen session March 16th, 2017
- Red Sox name Rick Porcello as Opening Day starter March 15th, 2017
- David Price (elbow) expected to open year on Boston's disabled list March 14th, 2017
- Tyler Thornburg (dead arm) will throw Wednesday for Red Sox March 13th, 2017