Josh Donaldson (calf) expected to be fine by start of season for Toronto
Toronto Blue Jays third baseman Josh Donaldson (calf) is making his Grapefruit League debut on Monday versus the Minnesota Twins.
Donaldson will bat third while serving as the designated hitter for Toronto. Barring any setbacks, he's expected to be fine for the start of the season after straining his right calf in the early goings of spring training. In 2016, Donaldson cranked 37 home runs with 99 RBI's and a .284 batting average across 700 plate appearances.
numberFire's models expect Donaldson to post 36 home runs with 108 RBI's across 655 plate appearances next season while recording a .273 batting average and .904 OPS.
- Martin Maldonado is starting at catcher for the Angels September 24th, 2017
- George Springer leading off for Houston Sunday night September 24th, 2017
- Jose Altuve is back in the lineup for the Astros September 24th, 2017
- Astros' Brian McCann is batting ninth on Sunday September 24th, 2017
- Josh Reddick is in the Astros' Sunday lineup September 24th, 2017
- Marwin Gonzalez is on the bench for Houston September 24th, 2017
- Russell Martin starting behind the plate for Toronto on Sunday September 24th, 2017
- Russell Martin not in Saturday's lineup for Blue Jays September 23rd, 2017
- Rafael Lopez starting for Blue Jays on Saturday September 23rd, 2017
- Miguel Montero absent from Blue Jays' Saturday lineup September 23rd, 2017
- Kendrys Morales starting for Blue Jays on Saturday September 23rd, 2017
- Ryan Goins is in the Blue Jays' lineup on Friday September 22nd, 2017