Josh Donaldson (calf) expected to be fine by start of season for Toronto
Toronto Blue Jays third baseman Josh Donaldson (calf) is making his Grapefruit League debut on Monday versus the Minnesota Twins.
Donaldson will bat third while serving as the designated hitter for Toronto. Barring any setbacks, he's expected to be fine for the start of the season after straining his right calf in the early goings of spring training. In 2016, Donaldson cranked 37 home runs with 99 RBI's and a .284 batting average across 700 plate appearances.
numberFire's models expect Donaldson to post 36 home runs with 108 RBI's across 655 plate appearances next season while recording a .273 batting average and .904 OPS.
- Reds' Jesse Winker in the starting lineup on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Sandy Leon sitting for Red Sox against Rays May 23rd, 2018
- Christian Vazquez catching for Boston on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Rays' Jesus Sucre starting against Boston May 23rd, 2018
- Wilson Ramos (hand) out of Rays' lineup on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Mallex Smith sitting for Rays on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Giovanny Urshela starting at shortstop Tuesday in Toronto May 22nd, 2018
- Richard Urena not in Jays' Tuesday lineup May 22nd, 2018
- Devon Travis is in Toronto's lineup on Tuesday May 22nd, 2018
- Blue Jays' Luke Maile heading back to the bench Tuesday May 22nd, 2018
- Russell Martin starting behind the plate Tuesday in Toronto May 22nd, 2018
- Yangervis Solarte not in Blue Jays' lineup on Tuesday May 22nd, 2018