Blue Jays' Devon Travis (knee) should be near 100 percent by Opening Day
Toronto Blue Jays second baseman Devon Travis (knee) is aiming to make his Grapefruit League debut later this week.
Travis received arthroscopic surgery on his right knee in mid-November, so the Blue Jays have been taking things easy in preparation for the 2017 campaign. Assuming he's cleared for Grapefruit League play as expected, Travis should be close to full strength by Opening Day.
numberFire's models currently project Travis to hit .280 across 542 plate appearances this season while recording 16 home runs and 63 RBI's. He slashed .300/.332/.454 with 11 home runs and 50 RBI's across 432 plate appearances in 2016.
- Jordan Zimmermann named Tigers' Opening Day starter March 17th, 2018
- Bannister: Rangers' Joey Gallo batting second 'a real possibility' March 17th, 2018
- White Sox tag veteran James Shields as Opening Day starter March 17th, 2018
- Javier Baez (hamstring) returning to the field Sunday for Cubs March 17th, 2018
- Mets' Yoenis Cespedes (wrist) will return to action on Monday March 17th, 2018
- Mariners' Erasmo Ramirez (shoudler) not expected to be ready for start of regular season March 17th, 2018
- Marcus Stroman (shoulder) will make spring debut for Blue Jays on Saturday March 15th, 2018
- Josh Donaldson (calf) expects to play for Blue Jays on Friday March 15th, 2018
- Blue Jays' Josh Donaldson dealing with calf injury March 14th, 2018
- Blue Jays' Troy Tulowitzki (heel) ruled out for Opening Day March 13th, 2018
- Blue Jays rule out Marcus Stroman (shoulder) for Opening Day March 12th, 2018
- Blue Jays' Marcus Stroman (shoulder) will play catch on Thursday March 7th, 2018