Blue Jays' Devon Travis (knee) should be near 100 percent by Opening Day
Toronto Blue Jays second baseman Devon Travis (knee) is aiming to make his Grapefruit League debut later this week.
Travis received arthroscopic surgery on his right knee in mid-November, so the Blue Jays have been taking things easy in preparation for the 2017 campaign. Assuming he's cleared for Grapefruit League play as expected, Travis should be close to full strength by Opening Day.
numberFire's models currently project Travis to hit .280 across 542 plate appearances this season while recording 16 home runs and 63 RBI's. He slashed .300/.332/.454 with 11 home runs and 50 RBI's across 432 plate appearances in 2016.
- Athletics want young center fielder in Sonny Gray trade July 25th, 2017
- Matt Davidson hitting cleanup on Tuesday for White Sox July 25th, 2017
- Kevan Smith is not in White Sox' Tuesday lineup July 25th, 2017
- Omar Narvaez back at catcher Tuesday as White Sox battle Cubs July 25th, 2017
- Yoan Moncada is hitting fifth Tuesday for White Sox July 25th, 2017
- Ben Zobrist leading off on Tuesday for Cubs July 25th, 2017
- Toronto's Russell Martin is in the lineup Monday July 24th, 2017
- Troy Tulowitzki (groin) is back in action for Toronto July 24th, 2017
- Ezequiel Carrera starting in right field on Monday for the Jays July 24th, 2017
- Kendrys Morales is out of the lineup for the Blue Jays Monday July 24th, 2017
- Blue Jays acquire Rob Refsnyder from Yankees July 23rd, 2017
- Russell Martin not starting on Sunday for Blue Jays July 23rd, 2017