Blue Jays' Devon Travis (knee) should be near 100 percent by Opening Day
Toronto Blue Jays second baseman Devon Travis (knee) is aiming to make his Grapefruit League debut later this week.
Travis received arthroscopic surgery on his right knee in mid-November, so the Blue Jays have been taking things easy in preparation for the 2017 campaign. Assuming he's cleared for Grapefruit League play as expected, Travis should be close to full strength by Opening Day.
numberFire's models currently project Travis to hit .280 across 542 plate appearances this season while recording 16 home runs and 63 RBI's. He slashed .300/.332/.454 with 11 home runs and 50 RBI's across 432 plate appearances in 2016.
- Reds' Jesse Winker in the starting lineup on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Sandy Leon sitting for Red Sox against Rays May 23rd, 2018
- Christian Vazquez catching for Boston on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Rays' Jesus Sucre starting against Boston May 23rd, 2018
- Wilson Ramos (hand) out of Rays' lineup on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Mallex Smith sitting for Rays on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Giovanny Urshela starting at shortstop Tuesday in Toronto May 22nd, 2018
- Richard Urena not in Jays' Tuesday lineup May 22nd, 2018
- Devon Travis is in Toronto's lineup on Tuesday May 22nd, 2018
- Blue Jays' Luke Maile heading back to the bench Tuesday May 22nd, 2018
- Russell Martin starting behind the plate Tuesday in Toronto May 22nd, 2018
- Yangervis Solarte not in Blue Jays' lineup on Tuesday May 22nd, 2018