Cleveland will be without Jason Kipnis for at least another month
Cleveland Indians second baseman Jason Kipnis will be sidelined for another 4-5 weeks after a second opinion confirmed that he has inflammation in his right shoulder.
Kipnis was shut down and now we have a little bit of a clearer timeline on his potential return. He might be in danger of missing most of, if not all of April, so look for Jose Ramirez to take over second base while the Tribe goes with a platoon at third until Kipnis returns.
With the news that Kipnis will be out to start the season, our models now project him for a .275 batting average, 13 homers, 68 RBI's and 14 steals across 602 plate appearances.
- Gregor Blanco sitting on Thursday for Diamondbacks August 17th, 2017
- Jose Altuve hitting third for Astros August 17th, 2017
- Houston's Alex Bregman batting second on Thursday August 17th, 2017
- Jason Heyward out of the Cubs' lineup against Cincinnati August 17th, 2017
- Clayton Kershaw (back) could begin rehab assignment Monday for Dodgers August 17th, 2017
- Cubs' Ben Zobrist moves down to fifth in the batting order August 17th, 2017
- Carlos Carrasco pitching for Indians in first game of Thursday's doubleheader August 17th, 2017
- Indians' Brandon Guyer starting in left field Wednesday August 16th, 2017
- Austin Jackson is sitting out Wednesday for Cleveland August 16th, 2017
- Roberto Perez is out Tuesday for Cleveland August 15th, 2017
- Cleveland's Abraham Almonte is sitting on Tuesday August 15th, 2017
- Indians' Yan Gomes starting at catcher on Tuesday August 15th, 2017