Cleveland will be without Jason Kipnis for at least another month
Cleveland Indians second baseman Jason Kipnis will be sidelined for another 4-5 weeks after a second opinion confirmed that he has inflammation in his right shoulder.
Kipnis was shut down and now we have a little bit of a clearer timeline on his potential return. He might be in danger of missing most of, if not all of April, so look for Jose Ramirez to take over second base while the Tribe goes with a platoon at third until Kipnis returns.
With the news that Kipnis will be out to start the season, our models now project him for a .275 batting average, 13 homers, 68 RBI's and 14 steals across 602 plate appearances.
- Nationals place Adam Eaton on disabled list with knee strain April 29th, 2017
- Cardinals and Reds postponed on Saturday April 29th, 2017
- Giants confirm Grade 2 sprain for Madison Bumgarner April 28th, 2017
- Junior Guerra (calf) resumes mound work for Brewers April 28th, 2017
- Dodgers' Adrian Gonzalez still dealing with tendinitis in his forearm April 28th, 2017
- Dee Gordon getting a breather as Marlins face the Pirates April 28th, 2017
- Indians giving Michael Brantley Friday night off April 28th, 2017
- Corey Kluber strikes out 10 as Cleveland scores a close win over Houston April 28th, 2017
- Indians' Corey Kluber tosses three-hit shutout against White Sox April 22nd, 2017
- Jason Kipnis activated from Indians' disabled list April 21st, 2017
- Indians expect Jason Kipnis (shoulder) to debut Friday April 21st, 2017
- Rain postpones Wednesday's contest between Indians and Twins April 19th, 2017