Cleveland will be without Jason Kipnis for at least another month
Cleveland Indians second baseman Jason Kipnis will be sidelined for another 4-5 weeks after a second opinion confirmed that he has inflammation in his right shoulder.
Kipnis was shut down and now we have a little bit of a clearer timeline on his potential return. He might be in danger of missing most of, if not all of April, so look for Jose Ramirez to take over second base while the Tribe goes with a platoon at third until Kipnis returns.
With the news that Kipnis will be out to start the season, our models now project him for a .275 batting average, 13 homers, 68 RBI's and 14 steals across 602 plate appearances.
- Mariners' Nelson Cruz dealing with lingering ankle pain April 20th, 2018
- Jeff Samardzija (pec) making his 2018 debut for the Giants on Friday April 20th, 2018
- Reds' Scott Schebler (elbow) activated off the DL on Friday April 20th, 2018
- Hunter Pence (thumb) placed on the 10-day DL by San Francisco April 20th, 2018
- Matt Joyce heads to the bench for Oakland against Boston April 20th, 2018
- Chad Pinder is in the Oakland lineup on Friday night April 20th, 2018
- Cleveland's Roberto Perez catching against Minnesota April 18th, 2018
- Yan Gomes out of the Indians' lineup on Wednesday April 18th, 2018
- Cleveland's Tyler Naquin starting in right field against Minnesota April 17th, 2018
- Brandon Guyer out of the Indians' lineup on Tuesday April 17th, 2018
- Correction: Indians and Blue Jays postponed due to inclement weather on Sunday April 15th, 2018
- Blue Jays-Indians postponed Saturday due to rain April 14th, 2018