Cleveland will be without Jason Kipnis for at least another month
Cleveland Indians second baseman Jason Kipnis will be sidelined for another 4-5 weeks after a second opinion confirmed that he has inflammation in his right shoulder.
Kipnis was shut down and now we have a little bit of a clearer timeline on his potential return. He might be in danger of missing most of, if not all of April, so look for Jose Ramirez to take over second base while the Tribe goes with a platoon at third until Kipnis returns.
With the news that Kipnis will be out to start the season, our models now project him for a .275 batting average, 13 homers, 68 RBI's and 14 steals across 602 plate appearances.
- Brandon Belt starting at first base for the Giants June 23rd, 2017
- Denard Span batting leadoff as Giants host the Mets June 23rd, 2017
- Hunter Pence is on the Giants' bench Friday night June 23rd, 2017
- Buster Posey is not in the lineup for San Francisco June 23rd, 2017
- Jay Bruce is out of the lineup Friday for New York June 23rd, 2017
- Michael Conforto back in the lineup for New York on Friday June 23rd, 2017
- Jose Ramirez is not in the Indians' lineup on Friday June 23rd, 2017
- Roberto Perez will start at catcher for Cleveland June 23rd, 2017
- Cleveland's Lonnie Chisenhall is back in the lineup Friday June 23rd, 2017
- Francisco Lindor moved to third in Indians' batting order June 23rd, 2017
- Jason Kipnis will leadoff for Cleveland on Friday June 23rd, 2017
- Austin Jackson tallies three RBI's in Cleveland's victory June 23rd, 2017