Cleveland will be without Jason Kipnis for at least another month
Cleveland Indians second baseman Jason Kipnis will be sidelined for another 4-5 weeks after a second opinion confirmed that he has inflammation in his right shoulder.
Kipnis was shut down and now we have a little bit of a clearer timeline on his potential return. He might be in danger of missing most of, if not all of April, so look for Jose Ramirez to take over second base while the Tribe goes with a platoon at third until Kipnis returns.
With the news that Kipnis will be out to start the season, our models now project him for a .275 batting average, 13 homers, 68 RBI's and 14 steals across 602 plate appearances.
- Rangers agree to a $49.5M extension with Rougned Odor March 25th, 2017
- Rockies' Jon Gray departs outing with foot soreness March 24th, 2017
- Tigers' J.D. Martinez diagnosed with Lisfranc sprain in right foot March 24th, 2017
- Marlins calling upon Edinson Volquez for opener March 24th, 2017
- Will Smith opts for Tommy John surgery on elbow March 24th, 2017
- Derek Norris commits to Rays on one-year deal March 24th, 2017
- Indians and Jose Ramirez agree to $26M extension March 25th, 2017
- Cleveland will be without Jason Kipnis for at least another month March 19th, 2017
- Cleveland skipping Carlos Carrasco's (swollen elbow) next start March 14th, 2017
- Indians' Jason Kipnis (shoulder) to get second opinion March 14th, 2017
- Indians schedule Michael Brantley (shoulder) for minor league work March 14th, 2017
- Indians rule out Jason Kipnis (shoulder) for Opening Day March 12th, 2017