Cleveland will be without Jason Kipnis for at least another month
Cleveland Indians second baseman Jason Kipnis will be sidelined for another 4-5 weeks after a second opinion confirmed that he has inflammation in his right shoulder.
Kipnis was shut down and now we have a little bit of a clearer timeline on his potential return. He might be in danger of missing most of, if not all of April, so look for Jose Ramirez to take over second base while the Tribe goes with a platoon at third until Kipnis returns.
With the news that Kipnis will be out to start the season, our models now project him for a .275 batting average, 13 homers, 68 RBI's and 14 steals across 602 plate appearances.
- Matt Adams placed on Nationals' disabled list with fractured finger June 19th, 2018
- Johnny Field not in Rays' lineup on Tuesday June 19th, 2018
- Brock Holt heads to the Boston bench on Tuesday June 19th, 2018
- Paulo Orlando starting for the Royals on Tuesday June 19th, 2018
- Christian Vazquez is not in the lineup Tuesday for Boston June 19th, 2018
- Jose Altuve receiving a rare day off Tuesday in Houston June 19th, 2018
- Cleveland's Roberto Perez returns to the bench Tuesday June 19th, 2018
- Lonnie Chisenhall out of the lineup for Cleveland against the White Sox June 19th, 2018
- Cleveland's Yan Gomes catching on Tuesday June 19th, 2018
- Brandon Guyer starting for Cleveland on Tuesday June 19th, 2018
- Cleveland's Carlos Carrasco (elbow) escapes serious damage June 18th, 2018
- Jason Kipnis returns to Cleveland's lineup on Monday June 18th, 2018