Michael Wacha makes Cardinals' rotation
St. Louis Cardinals manager Mike Matheny said Sunday that pitcher Michael Wacha will be part of the rotation.
When Alex Reyes went down it was almost surely going to be Wacha as the next man up for the Redbirds rotation, so this is not too surprising. Wacha has performed well this spring with a 2.65 ERA over 17 innings of work. If he can stay healthy he should be worth owning, but his strikeout numbers have started to dwindle since he broke into the majors.
Our models project Wacha for seven wins in 2017 with a 3.88 ERA, 1.32 WHIP and 98 strikeouts across 131.2 innings pitched.
- Red Sox offer J.D. Martinez five-year, $100 million deal January 17th, 2018
- Christian Yelich's relationship with Marlins 'irrevocably broken' January 16th, 2018
- Giants' Hunter Pence will move to left field in 2018 January 16th, 2018
- Andrew McCutchen to play right field following trade to Giants January 16th, 2018
- Josh Harrison prefers trade if Pirates aren't looking to compete January 16th, 2018
- Report: Giants acquire Andrew McCutchen from Pirates January 15th, 2018
- Stephen Piscotty traded from Cardinals to Athletics in exchange for minor leaguers December 14th, 2017
- Cardinals acquiring Marlins' Marcell Ozuna December 13th, 2017
- Cardinals' Adam Wainwright has surgery on right elbow October 4th, 2017
- Tommy Pham absent from Cardinals' lineup versus Milwaukee October 1st, 2017
- Jose Martinez on Cardinals' bench for Sunday's regular-season finale October 1st, 2017
- Stephen Piscotty absent from Cardinals' lineup against Brewers October 1st, 2017