Michael Wacha makes Cardinals' rotation
St. Louis Cardinals manager Mike Matheny said Sunday that pitcher Michael Wacha will be part of the rotation.
When Alex Reyes went down it was almost surely going to be Wacha as the next man up for the Redbirds rotation, so this is not too surprising. Wacha has performed well this spring with a 2.65 ERA over 17 innings of work. If he can stay healthy he should be worth owning, but his strikeout numbers have started to dwindle since he broke into the majors.
Our models project Wacha for seven wins in 2017 with a 3.88 ERA, 1.32 WHIP and 98 strikeouts across 131.2 innings pitched.
- Dodgers sticking Cody Bellinger at top of order on Wednesday night April 26th, 2017
- Adrian Beltre (calf) not expected to be back in May April 26th, 2017
- Giants place Denard Span (shoulder) on disabled list April 26th, 2017
- Koda Glover lands on Nationals' disabled list with hip injury April 26th, 2017
- Gary Sanchez (biceps) throwing, taking batting practice for Yankees April 26th, 2017
- Yankees' Didi Gregorius (shoulder) could make season debut Friday April 26th, 2017
- Wednesday's matchup between Blue Jays and Cardinals postponed due to rain April 26th, 2017
- Cardinals' Matt Carpenter suspended one game for bumping ump April 25th, 2017
- Dexter Fowler (heel) is back in St. Louis' lineup on Sunday April 23rd, 2017
- Cardinals' Adam Wainwright whiffs nine and drives in four on Friday April 22nd, 2017
- Cardinals' Stephen Piscotty not in the lineup Friday versus the Brewers April 21st, 2017
- Cardinals place Jhonny Peralta (illness) on disabled list April 20th, 2017