Phillies name Jeremy Hellickson starter for Opening Day
The Philadelphia Phillies have named pitcher Jeremy Hellickson their Opening Day starter.
Hellickson is coming off getting rocked in his last spring start for eight runs, but the righty historically doesn't perform well in Spring Training. After posting a 3.71 ERA for Philadelphia last season, he accepted a $17.2 million qualifying offer and will start the season on the road against the Cincinnati Reds.
Our models project Hellickson for 10 wins with a 4.14 ERA, 1.25 WHIP and 153 strikeouts over 165.2 innings pitched in 2017.
- David Freese tossed from Pirates' game on Monday May 22nd, 2017
- Indians will have Corey Kluber (back) make rehab start Thursday May 22nd, 2017
- Cleveland's Carlos Carrasco (pectoral) cleared to start on Tuesday May 22nd, 2017
- Randall Delgado confirmed as Wednesday's starter for D-Backs May 22nd, 2017
- Carlos Rodon (biceps) throws simulated game for White Sox May 22nd, 2017
- Giants say Hunter Pence (hamstring) still a week away from return May 22nd, 2017
- Phillies' Aaron Nola (back) activated for Sunday start May 21st, 2017
- Cameron Rupp slugs three-run shot in Phillies' win May 19th, 2017
- Jeremy Hellickson forced from Phillies' game with injury May 19th, 2017
- Maikel Franco moved down to seventh in Phillies' order May 18th, 2017
- Aaron Nola (back) cleared to return Sunday for Philadelphia May 16th, 2017
- Aaron Altherr guides Phils' comeback win over Nats May 14th, 2017