Marlins rule out Martin Prado (hamstring) for Opening Day
Miami Marlins third baseman Martin Prado will not be ready for Opening Day after an MRI revealed a Grade 1 right hamstring strain.
Prado was injured during the WBC and he is also dealing with a calf strain along with the hamstring injury. He will likely start the year on the disabled list, which should mean more Derek Dietrich starting at third base until Prado is healthy.
Our models now project Prado for a .295 batting average with nine home runs, 62 RBI's and 65 runs scored over 569 plate appearances.
- Cardinals' Jedd Gyorko starting on Monday June 26th, 2017
- Daniel Nava is leading off for Phillies on Monday June 26th, 2017
- Cameron Perkins not in Phillies' Monday lineup June 26th, 2017
- Phillies' Tommy Joseph is not in Monday's lineup against Diamondbacks June 26th, 2017
- Brandon Drury is out Monday in Arizona June 26th, 2017
- Reds' Tucker Barnhart out of lineup on Monday June 26th, 2017
- Marlins' Derek Dietrich in Sunday starting lineup June 25th, 2017
- Dee Gordon gets Sunday off for Miami June 25th, 2017
- Marlins' Tyler Moore out of lineup on Sunday June 25th, 2017
- Justin Bour back in Miami lineup for Sunday June 25th, 2017
- Christian Yelich hits Marlins' bench for Sunday game June 25th, 2017
- Ichiro Suzuki batting leadoff for Marlins on Sunday June 25th, 2017