Marlins rule out Martin Prado (hamstring) for Opening Day
Miami Marlins third baseman Martin Prado will not be ready for Opening Day after an MRI revealed a Grade 1 right hamstring strain.
Prado was injured during the WBC and he is also dealing with a calf strain along with the hamstring injury. He will likely start the year on the disabled list, which should mean more Derek Dietrich starting at third base until Prado is healthy.
Our models now project Prado for a .295 batting average with nine home runs, 62 RBI's and 65 runs scored over 569 plate appearances.
- Nationals won't bring Dusty Baker back in 2018 October 20th, 2017
- Yasmani Grandal is not in the Dodgers' Game 5 lineup October 19th, 2017
- Curtis Granderson is on the Dodgers' bench for Game 5 against the Cubs October 19th, 2017
- Andre Ethier is not in the Dodgers' Game 5 lineup October 19th, 2017
- Dodgers' Chase Utley will not start in Game 5 against the Cubs October 19th, 2017
- Logan Forsythe is in the Dodgers' Game 5 lineup on Thursday October 19th, 2017
- Derek Dietrich not in Marlins' Sunday lineup October 1st, 2017
- A.J. Ellis is out Sunday in Miami October 1st, 2017
- J.T. Realmuto back at catcher in Marlins' season finale October 1st, 2017
- Marcell Ozuna returns to Marlins' lineup on Sunday October 1st, 2017
- Giancarlo Stanton leading off for Marlins on Sunday in pursuit of 60th home run October 1st, 2017
- J.T. Realmuto is out of the Marlins' lineup on Saturday September 30th, 2017