Marlins rule out Martin Prado (hamstring) for Opening Day
Miami Marlins third baseman Martin Prado will not be ready for Opening Day after an MRI revealed a Grade 1 right hamstring strain.
Prado was injured during the WBC and he is also dealing with a calf strain along with the hamstring injury. He will likely start the year on the disabled list, which should mean more Derek Dietrich starting at third base until Prado is healthy.
Our models now project Prado for a .295 batting average with nine home runs, 62 RBI's and 65 runs scored over 569 plate appearances.
- Braves to start Matt Kemp (hamstring) in left field when available August 16th, 2017
- Yasmani Grandal out of Dodgers' lineup against White Sox August 16th, 2017
- Avisail Garcia drops to fifth in White Sox' lineup on Wednesday August 16th, 2017
- Cody Bellinger not starting for Dodgers on Wednesday night August 16th, 2017
- Nick Delmonico is batting cleanup Wednesday for Chicago August 16th, 2017
- Enrique Hernandez starting, batting cleanup on Wednesday for Dodgers August 16th, 2017
- Tomas Telis in the lineup for Miami on Wednesday August 16th, 2017
- Miami's Derek Dietrich in the lineup against San Francisco August 16th, 2017
- Miguel Rojas out of the Marlins' starting lineup on Wednesday August 16th, 2017
- A.J. Ellis is in Marlins' Tuesday lineup August 15th, 2017
- Tyler Moore heads to Marlins' bench against Giants August 15th, 2017
- Mike Aviles starting at third base Tuesday in Miami August 15th, 2017