Marlins rule out Martin Prado (hamstring) for Opening Day
Miami Marlins third baseman Martin Prado will not be ready for Opening Day after an MRI revealed a Grade 1 right hamstring strain.
Prado was injured during the WBC and he is also dealing with a calf strain along with the hamstring injury. He will likely start the year on the disabled list, which should mean more Derek Dietrich starting at third base until Prado is healthy.
Our models now project Prado for a .295 batting average with nine home runs, 62 RBI's and 65 runs scored over 569 plate appearances.
- Rays sign Carlos Gomez to one-year deal February 21st, 2018
- Steven Souza sent to Diamondbacks in three-team deal February 21st, 2018
- Yankees land Brandon Drury from Diamondbacks in three-team trade February 21st, 2018
- Orioles agree to terms with Colby Rasmus February 21st, 2018
- Astros prospect Forrest Whitley suspended for violating drug program February 21st, 2018
- Yuli Gurriel will move around infield this season for Astros February 21st, 2018
- Marlins sign Cameron Maybin to one-year deal February 21st, 2018
- Marlins trade Christian Yelich to Brewers in 5-player deal January 25th, 2018
- Christian Yelich's relationship with Marlins 'irrevocably broken' January 16th, 2018
- Marlins 'intend to hold onto' Christian Yelich December 13th, 2017
- Cardinals acquiring Marlins' Marcell Ozuna December 13th, 2017
- Marlins will receive Starlin Castro, prospects in Giancarlo Stanton deal December 9th, 2017