Tigers sending J.D. Martinez (foot) for an MRI on Sunday
Detroit Tigers outfielder/designated hitter J.D. Martinez (foot) will undergo an MRI on Sunday.
Martinez underwent x-rays that came back negative, so the MRI seems like the next step in finding out the severity of the injury. For now he is diagnosed with a mid-foot sprain after trying to make a catch during a Spring Training contest. He was seen on crutches after the game, so stay tuned for more news or MRI results soon.
Assuming he doesn't miss any time, our models project Martinez for a .284 batting average, 28 home runs and 90 RBI's over 573 plate appearances in 2017.
- Rangers agree to a $49.5M extension with Rougned Odor March 25th, 2017
- Indians and Jose Ramirez agree to $26M extension March 25th, 2017
- Rockies' Jon Gray departs outing with foot soreness March 24th, 2017
- Marlins calling upon Edinson Volquez for opener March 24th, 2017
- Will Smith opts for Tommy John surgery on elbow March 24th, 2017
- Derek Norris commits to Rays on one-year deal March 24th, 2017
- Tigers' J.D. Martinez diagnosed with Lisfranc sprain in right foot March 24th, 2017
- Tigers' Miguel Cabrera (back) unsure of his status for Opening Day March 23rd, 2017
- Tigers' J.D. Martinez (foot) scheduled for CT scan on Friday March 20th, 2017
- Tigers sending J.D. Martinez (foot) for an MRI on Sunday March 19th, 2017
- Dodgers inquired about Tigers' Justin Verlander this offseason February 24th, 2017
- Yankees, Red Sox, Astros emerging as top candidates for Calos Beltran November 22nd, 2016