Tigers sending J.D. Martinez (foot) for an MRI on Sunday
Detroit Tigers outfielder/designated hitter J.D. Martinez (foot) will undergo an MRI on Sunday.
Martinez underwent x-rays that came back negative, so the MRI seems like the next step in finding out the severity of the injury. For now he is diagnosed with a mid-foot sprain after trying to make a catch during a Spring Training contest. He was seen on crutches after the game, so stay tuned for more news or MRI results soon.
Assuming he doesn't miss any time, our models project Martinez for a .284 batting average, 28 home runs and 90 RBI's over 573 plate appearances in 2017.
- Michael Conforto not in Mets' lineup versus San Diego July 25th, 2017
- T.J. Rivera starting at second base Tuesday for Mets July 25th, 2017
- Kyle Lloyd will make his MLB debut Tuesday for San Diego July 25th, 2017
- Zack Granite batting second for Twins on Tuesday July 25th, 2017
- Curtis Granderson starting on Tuesday for Mets July 25th, 2017
- Wilmer Flores not in Mets' Tuesday lineup July 25th, 2017
- Brandon Drury starting on Tuesday for Arizona July 25th, 2017
- Chris Iannetta catching for Diamondbacks versus Braves July 25th, 2017
- Jeff Mathis on Arizona's bench Tuesday night July 25th, 2017
- Daniel Descalso not starting for Diamondbacks on Tuesday July 25th, 2017
- Gregor Blanco sitting on Monday for Diamondbacks July 24th, 2017
- Chris Herrmann on Diamondbacks' bench Monday night July 24th, 2017