Tigers sending J.D. Martinez (foot) for an MRI on Sunday
Detroit Tigers outfielder/designated hitter J.D. Martinez (foot) will undergo an MRI on Sunday.
Martinez underwent x-rays that came back negative, so the MRI seems like the next step in finding out the severity of the injury. For now he is diagnosed with a mid-foot sprain after trying to make a catch during a Spring Training contest. He was seen on crutches after the game, so stay tuned for more news or MRI results soon.
Assuming he doesn't miss any time, our models project Martinez for a .284 batting average, 28 home runs and 90 RBI's over 573 plate appearances in 2017.
- Red Sox offer J.D. Martinez five-year, $100 million deal January 17th, 2018
- Christian Yelich's relationship with Marlins 'irrevocably broken' January 16th, 2018
- Giants' Hunter Pence will move to left field in 2018 January 16th, 2018
- Andrew McCutchen to play right field following trade to Giants January 16th, 2018
- Josh Harrison prefers trade if Pirates aren't looking to compete January 16th, 2018
- Report: Giants acquire Andrew McCutchen from Pirates January 15th, 2018
- Daniel Descalso drops to seventh in Arizona's Game 3 batting order October 9th, 2017
- Jake Lamb will bat fifth Monday in Arizona for Game 3 October 9th, 2017
- Chris Iannetta out of Diamondbacks' Game 3 lineup October 9th, 2017
- Arizona's Jeff Mathis back at catcher for Game 3 of NLDS October 9th, 2017
- A.J. Pollock drops to sixth in Diamondbacks' Game 3 lineup October 9th, 2017
- Ketel Marte hitting second in NLDS Game 3 in Arizona October 9th, 2017