Tigers sending J.D. Martinez (foot) for an MRI on Sunday
Detroit Tigers outfielder/designated hitter J.D. Martinez (foot) will undergo an MRI on Sunday.
Martinez underwent x-rays that came back negative, so the MRI seems like the next step in finding out the severity of the injury. For now he is diagnosed with a mid-foot sprain after trying to make a catch during a Spring Training contest. He was seen on crutches after the game, so stay tuned for more news or MRI results soon.
Assuming he doesn't miss any time, our models project Martinez for a .284 batting average, 28 home runs and 90 RBI's over 573 plate appearances in 2017.
- Reds' Jesse Winker in the starting lineup on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Rays' Jesus Sucre starting against Boston May 23rd, 2018
- Wilson Ramos (hand) out of Rays' lineup on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Mallex Smith sitting for Rays on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Denard Span returns to Rays' lineup versus Red Sox May 23rd, 2018
- Cory Spangenberg out of the Padres' lineup on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Sandy Leon sitting for Red Sox against Rays May 23rd, 2018
- Christian Vazquez catching for Boston on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Christian Vazquez sitting out Tuesday for Boston May 22nd, 2018
- Eduardo Nunez starting at second base Tuesday for Red Sox May 22nd, 2018
- Brock Holt not in Red Sox' lineup on Tuesday May 22nd, 2018
- Sandy Leon starting behind the plate Tuesday for Boston May 22nd, 2018