Tigers sending J.D. Martinez (foot) for an MRI on Sunday
Detroit Tigers outfielder/designated hitter J.D. Martinez (foot) will undergo an MRI on Sunday.
Martinez underwent x-rays that came back negative, so the MRI seems like the next step in finding out the severity of the injury. For now he is diagnosed with a mid-foot sprain after trying to make a catch during a Spring Training contest. He was seen on crutches after the game, so stay tuned for more news or MRI results soon.
Assuming he doesn't miss any time, our models project Martinez for a .284 batting average, 28 home runs and 90 RBI's over 573 plate appearances in 2017.
- Jordan Zimmermann named Tigers' Opening Day starter March 17th, 2018
- Bannister: Rangers' Joey Gallo batting second 'a real possibility' March 17th, 2018
- White Sox tag veteran James Shields as Opening Day starter March 17th, 2018
- Javier Baez (hamstring) returning to the field Sunday for Cubs March 17th, 2018
- Mets' Yoenis Cespedes (wrist) will return to action on Monday March 17th, 2018
- Mariners' Erasmo Ramirez (shoudler) not expected to be ready for start of regular season March 17th, 2018
- Boston's Eduardo Rodriguez (knee) on track to pitch in minor league game next week March 15th, 2018
- Drew Pomeranz (forearm) throws bullpen session for Red Sox March 15th, 2018
- Boston's Drew Pomeranz (elbow) to resume throwing program March 6th, 2018
- Boston's Drew Pomeranz exits Friday's appearance with left forearm tightness March 2nd, 2018
- Red Sox officially announce J.D. Martinez signing February 26th, 2018
- Alex Cora: Hanley Ramirez is Red Sox' number-three hitter February 20th, 2018