Tigers sending J.D. Martinez (foot) for an MRI on Sunday
Detroit Tigers outfielder/designated hitter J.D. Martinez (foot) will undergo an MRI on Sunday.
Martinez underwent x-rays that came back negative, so the MRI seems like the next step in finding out the severity of the injury. For now he is diagnosed with a mid-foot sprain after trying to make a catch during a Spring Training contest. He was seen on crutches after the game, so stay tuned for more news or MRI results soon.
Assuming he doesn't miss any time, our models project Martinez for a .284 batting average, 28 home runs and 90 RBI's over 573 plate appearances in 2017.
- Houston's Jose Altuve named the 2017 American League MVP November 16th, 2017
- Marlins' Giancarlo Stanton wins NL MVP November 16th, 2017
- Cody Bellinger of the Dodgers named National League Rookie of the Year November 13th, 2017
- Yankees' Aaron Judge unanimous winner of American League Rookie of the Year November 13th, 2017
- George Springer, Astros defeat Dodgers in Game 7 for first World Series title November 2nd, 2017
- Astros' Yulieski Gurriel suspended five games in 2018 for gesture October 28th, 2017
- Daniel Descalso drops to seventh in Arizona's Game 3 batting order October 9th, 2017
- Jake Lamb will bat fifth Monday in Arizona for Game 3 October 9th, 2017
- Chris Iannetta out of Diamondbacks' Game 3 lineup October 9th, 2017
- Arizona's Jeff Mathis back at catcher for Game 3 of NLDS October 9th, 2017
- A.J. Pollock drops to sixth in Diamondbacks' Game 3 lineup October 9th, 2017
- Ketel Marte hitting second in NLDS Game 3 in Arizona October 9th, 2017