Tigers sending J.D. Martinez (foot) for an MRI on Sunday
Detroit Tigers outfielder/designated hitter J.D. Martinez (foot) will undergo an MRI on Sunday.
Martinez underwent x-rays that came back negative, so the MRI seems like the next step in finding out the severity of the injury. For now he is diagnosed with a mid-foot sprain after trying to make a catch during a Spring Training contest. He was seen on crutches after the game, so stay tuned for more news or MRI results soon.
Assuming he doesn't miss any time, our models project Martinez for a .284 batting average, 28 home runs and 90 RBI's over 573 plate appearances in 2017.
- David Freese tossed from Pirates' game on Monday May 22nd, 2017
- Indians will have Corey Kluber (back) make rehab start Thursday May 22nd, 2017
- Cleveland's Carlos Carrasco (pectoral) cleared to start on Tuesday May 22nd, 2017
- Randall Delgado confirmed as Wednesday's starter for D-Backs May 22nd, 2017
- Carlos Rodon (biceps) throws simulated game for White Sox May 22nd, 2017
- Giants say Hunter Pence (hamstring) still a week away from return May 22nd, 2017
- Tigers option pitcher Anibal Sanchez to minors May 22nd, 2017
- Tigers giving Justin Upton a rare day off on Monday May 22nd, 2017
- Victor Martinez (personal) is back in the lineup for Detroit May 22nd, 2017
- Miguel Cabrera (oblique) still out of Tigers' lineup May 19th, 2017
- Miguel Cabrera (oblique) won't play in Tigers' series finale with Baltimore May 18th, 2017
- Tyler Collins goes yard twice in Tigers' win over Baltimore May 18th, 2017