Tigers sending J.D. Martinez (foot) for an MRI on Sunday
Detroit Tigers outfielder/designated hitter J.D. Martinez (foot) will undergo an MRI on Sunday.
Martinez underwent x-rays that came back negative, so the MRI seems like the next step in finding out the severity of the injury. For now he is diagnosed with a mid-foot sprain after trying to make a catch during a Spring Training contest. He was seen on crutches after the game, so stay tuned for more news or MRI results soon.
Assuming he doesn't miss any time, our models project Martinez for a .284 batting average, 28 home runs and 90 RBI's over 573 plate appearances in 2017.
- Dodgers sticking Cody Bellinger at top of order on Wednesday night April 26th, 2017
- Adrian Beltre (calf) not expected to be back in May April 26th, 2017
- Giants place Denard Span (shoulder) on disabled list April 26th, 2017
- Koda Glover lands on Nationals' disabled list with hip injury April 26th, 2017
- Gary Sanchez (biceps) throwing, taking batting practice for Yankees April 26th, 2017
- Yankees' Didi Gregorius (shoulder) could make season debut Friday April 26th, 2017
- J.D. Martinez could return for Tigers in early May April 23rd, 2017
- Tigers' Miguel Cabrera (groin) lands on disabled list April 22nd, 2017
- Miguel Cabrera undergoes MRI and will miss Detroit's next two games April 22nd, 2017
- Tigers' Miguel Cabrera left Friday's game with right groin strain April 22nd, 2017
- Tigers likely to send Jose Iglesias to seven-day disabled list April 20th, 2017
- Tigers' Justin Upton (forearm) out of the lineup again Thursday April 20th, 2017