Boston's Tyler Thornburg (arm) scheduled for another bullpen session
Boston Red Sox reliever Tyler Thornburg (arm) is scheduled to throw another bullpen session Saturday.
Saturday's session will be a little more demanding after Thornburg got through Wednesday's workout pain-free. The 28-year-old right-hander has been dealing with the dead arm since the beginning of the month, but Boston's new setup man seems like he's going to be ready to open the year.
numberFire's algorithms project Thornburg to record a 3.71 ERA, 1.12 WHIP and 27.6 strikeout percentage across 58 1/3 innings this upcoming season.
- Athletics want young center fielder in Sonny Gray trade July 25th, 2017
- Matt Davidson hitting cleanup on Tuesday for White Sox July 25th, 2017
- Kevan Smith is not in White Sox' Tuesday lineup July 25th, 2017
- Omar Narvaez back at catcher Tuesday as White Sox battle Cubs July 25th, 2017
- Yoan Moncada is hitting fifth Tuesday for White Sox July 25th, 2017
- Ben Zobrist leading off on Tuesday for Cubs July 25th, 2017
- Andrew Benintendi is a late add to the Red Sox Monday lineup July 24th, 2017
- Xander Bogaerts (illness) scratched from Monday's game for Boston July 24th, 2017
- Sandy Leon sitting on Monday for Boston July 24th, 2017
- Mitch Moreland out of lineup as Red Sox face Mariners July 24th, 2017
- Andrew Benintendi not starting for Boston on Monday July 24th, 2017
- Jackie Bradley batting fifth for Red Sox on Monday July 24th, 2017