Boston's Tyler Thornburg (arm) scheduled for another bullpen session
Boston Red Sox reliever Tyler Thornburg (arm) is scheduled to throw another bullpen session Saturday.
Saturday's session will be a little more demanding after Thornburg got through Wednesday's workout pain-free. The 28-year-old right-hander has been dealing with the dead arm since the beginning of the month, but Boston's new setup man seems like he's going to be ready to open the year.
numberFire's algorithms project Thornburg to record a 3.71 ERA, 1.12 WHIP and 27.6 strikeout percentage across 58 1/3 innings this upcoming season.
- Rangers agree to a $49.5M extension with Rougned Odor March 25th, 2017
- Indians and Jose Ramirez agree to $26M extension March 25th, 2017
- Rockies' Jon Gray departs outing with foot soreness March 24th, 2017
- Tigers' J.D. Martinez diagnosed with Lisfranc sprain in right foot March 24th, 2017
- Marlins calling upon Edinson Volquez for opener March 24th, 2017
- Will Smith opts for Tommy John surgery on elbow March 24th, 2017
- Red Sox have yet to clear David Price (elbow) to start throwing March 21st, 2017
- Red Sox's David Price getting elbow looked at Monday March 20th, 2017
- Boston's Tyler Thornburg (arm) scheduled for another bullpen session March 16th, 2017
- Red Sox name Rick Porcello as Opening Day starter March 15th, 2017
- David Price (elbow) expected to open year on Boston's disabled list March 14th, 2017
- Tyler Thornburg (dead arm) will throw Wednesday for Red Sox March 13th, 2017