Boston's Tyler Thornburg (arm) scheduled for another bullpen session
Boston Red Sox reliever Tyler Thornburg (arm) is scheduled to throw another bullpen session Saturday.
Saturday's session will be a little more demanding after Thornburg got through Wednesday's workout pain-free. The 28-year-old right-hander has been dealing with the dead arm since the beginning of the month, but Boston's new setup man seems like he's going to be ready to open the year.
numberFire's algorithms project Thornburg to record a 3.71 ERA, 1.12 WHIP and 27.6 strikeout percentage across 58 1/3 innings this upcoming season.
- Jordan Zimmermann named Tigers' Opening Day starter March 17th, 2018
- Bannister: Rangers' Joey Gallo batting second 'a real possibility' March 17th, 2018
- White Sox tag veteran James Shields as Opening Day starter March 17th, 2018
- Javier Baez (hamstring) returning to the field Sunday for Cubs March 17th, 2018
- Mets' Yoenis Cespedes (wrist) will return to action on Monday March 17th, 2018
- Mariners' Erasmo Ramirez (shoudler) not expected to be ready for start of regular season March 17th, 2018
- Boston's Eduardo Rodriguez (knee) on track to pitch in minor league game next week March 15th, 2018
- Drew Pomeranz (forearm) throws bullpen session for Red Sox March 15th, 2018
- Boston's Drew Pomeranz (elbow) to resume throwing program March 6th, 2018
- Boston's Drew Pomeranz exits Friday's appearance with left forearm tightness March 2nd, 2018
- Red Sox officially announce J.D. Martinez signing February 26th, 2018
- Alex Cora: Hanley Ramirez is Red Sox' number-three hitter February 20th, 2018