Boston's Tyler Thornburg (arm) scheduled for another bullpen session
Boston Red Sox reliever Tyler Thornburg (arm) is scheduled to throw another bullpen session Saturday.
Saturday's session will be a little more demanding after Thornburg got through Wednesday's workout pain-free. The 28-year-old right-hander has been dealing with the dead arm since the beginning of the month, but Boston's new setup man seems like he's going to be ready to open the year.
numberFire's algorithms project Thornburg to record a 3.71 ERA, 1.12 WHIP and 27.6 strikeout percentage across 58 1/3 innings this upcoming season.
- Rays' Jesus Sucre starting against Boston May 23rd, 2018
- Wilson Ramos (hand) out of Rays' lineup on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Mallex Smith sitting for Rays on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Denard Span returns to Rays' lineup versus Red Sox May 23rd, 2018
- Cory Spangenberg out of the Padres' lineup on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Manuel Margot starting for Padres on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Sandy Leon sitting for Red Sox against Rays May 23rd, 2018
- Christian Vazquez catching for Boston on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Christian Vazquez sitting out Tuesday for Boston May 22nd, 2018
- Eduardo Nunez starting at second base Tuesday for Red Sox May 22nd, 2018
- Brock Holt not in Red Sox' lineup on Tuesday May 22nd, 2018
- Sandy Leon starting behind the plate Tuesday for Boston May 22nd, 2018