Padres' Alex Dickerson out 3-4 weeks due to disc protrusion
San Diego Padres outfielder Alex Dickerson has been diagnosed with a disc protrusion in his back and will be sidelined for the next 3-4 weeks.
This will keep Dickerson out for the first couple weeks of the regular season. Expect the Padres to use a platoon of Travis Jankowski and Jabari Blash while Dickerson is on the shelf.
numberFire's metrics project Dickerson to post a .257 batting average with 11 home runs and 48 RBI's across 408 plate appearances in 2017.
- David Freese tossed from Pirates' game on Monday May 22nd, 2017
- Indians will have Corey Kluber (back) make rehab start Thursday May 22nd, 2017
- Cleveland's Carlos Carrasco (pectoral) cleared to start on Tuesday May 22nd, 2017
- Randall Delgado confirmed as Wednesday's starter for D-Backs May 22nd, 2017
- Carlos Rodon (biceps) throws simulated game for White Sox May 22nd, 2017
- Giants say Hunter Pence (hamstring) still a week away from return May 22nd, 2017
- Padres get a complete game from Clayton Richard in win over Arizona May 22nd, 2017
- Padres' Trevor Cahill (shoulder) suffers a setback, will have an MRI May 21st, 2017
- Matt Szczur (ankle) remains out of Padres lineup May 19th, 2017
- Padres place Trevor Cahill (shoulder) on 10-day DL May 17th, 2017
- Padres playing without Manuel Margot on Friday May 12th, 2017
- Padres acquire outfielder Matt Szczur from the Cubs May 8th, 2017