Padres' Alex Dickerson out 3-4 weeks due to disc protrusion
San Diego Padres outfielder Alex Dickerson has been diagnosed with a disc protrusion in his back and will be sidelined for the next 3-4 weeks.
This will keep Dickerson out for the first couple weeks of the regular season. Expect the Padres to use a platoon of Travis Jankowski and Jabari Blash while Dickerson is on the shelf.
numberFire's metrics project Dickerson to post a .257 batting average with 11 home runs and 48 RBI's across 408 plate appearances in 2017.
- Jordan Zimmermann named Tigers' Opening Day starter March 17th, 2018
- Bannister: Rangers' Joey Gallo batting second 'a real possibility' March 17th, 2018
- White Sox tag veteran James Shields as Opening Day starter March 17th, 2018
- Javier Baez (hamstring) returning to the field Sunday for Cubs March 17th, 2018
- Mets' Yoenis Cespedes (wrist) will return to action on Monday March 17th, 2018
- Mariners' Erasmo Ramirez (shoudler) not expected to be ready for start of regular season March 17th, 2018
- Padres' Alex Dickerson (elbow) not expected to be ready for start of season March 6th, 2018
- Padres make Eric Hosmer deal official February 20th, 2018
- Padres reportedly reach deal with free agent Eric Hosmer February 18th, 2018
- Padres, Brad Hand agree to three-year extension January 13th, 2018
- Padres acquire Chase Headley and Bryan Mitchell in trade with Yankees December 12th, 2017
- Austin Hedges absent from Padres' lineup versus Giants October 1st, 2017