Rockies plan on Ian Desmond (hand) returning next month
Colorado Rockies outfielder Ian Desmond (hand) is expected to join the active roster before the end of April, manager Bud Black confirmed Thursday.
Desmond fractured a bone in his left hand during Cactus League action last Sunday, but everything fortunately went well during surgery on Wednesday. The 31-year-old outfielder cashed in with Colorado this offseason after mashing 22 taters with 86 RBI's across 677 plate appearances for the Texas Rangers in 2016.
Desmond is expected to bat .275 with 21 home runs, 65 RBI's and 12 stolen bases across 523 plate appearances in 2017, according to numberFire's metrics.
- David Freese tossed from Pirates' game on Monday May 22nd, 2017
- Indians will have Corey Kluber (back) make rehab start Thursday May 22nd, 2017
- Cleveland's Carlos Carrasco (pectoral) cleared to start on Tuesday May 22nd, 2017
- Randall Delgado confirmed as Wednesday's starter for D-Backs May 22nd, 2017
- Carlos Rodon (biceps) throws simulated game for White Sox May 22nd, 2017
- Giants say Hunter Pence (hamstring) still a week away from return May 22nd, 2017
- Rockies giving Ian Desmond a day off on Monday May 22nd, 2017
- Rockies' Greg Holland picks up his MLB-leading 19th save May 21st, 2017
- Rockies' Tyler Anderson strikes out seven in win over Reds May 20th, 2017
- Mark Reynolds sitting out Game 2 of the Rockies' doubleheader May 18th, 2017
- Rockies could have Trevor Story (shoulder) back next week May 18th, 2017
- Wednesday's Twins-Rockies game postponed due to weather May 17th, 2017