Rockies plan on Ian Desmond (hand) returning next month
Colorado Rockies outfielder Ian Desmond (hand) is expected to join the active roster before the end of April, manager Bud Black confirmed Thursday.
Desmond fractured a bone in his left hand during Cactus League action last Sunday, but everything fortunately went well during surgery on Wednesday. The 31-year-old outfielder cashed in with Colorado this offseason after mashing 22 taters with 86 RBI's across 677 plate appearances for the Texas Rangers in 2016.
Desmond is expected to bat .275 with 21 home runs, 65 RBI's and 12 stolen bases across 523 plate appearances in 2017, according to numberFire's metrics.
- Dodgers sticking Cody Bellinger at top of order on Wednesday night April 26th, 2017
- Adrian Beltre (calf) not expected to be back in May April 26th, 2017
- Giants place Denard Span (shoulder) on disabled list April 26th, 2017
- Koda Glover lands on Nationals' disabled list with hip injury April 26th, 2017
- Gary Sanchez (biceps) throwing, taking batting practice for Yankees April 26th, 2017
- Yankees' Didi Gregorius (shoulder) could make season debut Friday April 26th, 2017
- Rockies' Ian Desmond (hand) takes batting practice Monday April 24th, 2017
- Kyle Freeland shuts down Giants over seven frames for Rockies April 23rd, 2017
- Rockies' Ian Desmond (hand) nearing rehab assignment April 21st, 2017
- Carlos Gonzalez forced out of Rockies' contest with bruised right hand April 20th, 2017
- Rockies win behind Tyler Chatwood's complete-game shutout April 16th, 2017
- Rockies place Jon Gray (toe) on the 10-day disabled list April 14th, 2017