Rockies plan on Ian Desmond (hand) returning next month
Colorado Rockies outfielder Ian Desmond (hand) is expected to join the active roster before the end of April, manager Bud Black confirmed Thursday.
Desmond fractured a bone in his left hand during Cactus League action last Sunday, but everything fortunately went well during surgery on Wednesday. The 31-year-old outfielder cashed in with Colorado this offseason after mashing 22 taters with 86 RBI's across 677 plate appearances for the Texas Rangers in 2016.
Desmond is expected to bat .275 with 21 home runs, 65 RBI's and 12 stolen bases across 523 plate appearances in 2017, according to numberFire's metrics.
- Rangers agree to a $49.5M extension with Rougned Odor March 25th, 2017
- Indians and Jose Ramirez agree to $26M extension March 25th, 2017
- Tigers' J.D. Martinez diagnosed with Lisfranc sprain in right foot March 24th, 2017
- Marlins calling upon Edinson Volquez for opener March 24th, 2017
- Will Smith opts for Tommy John surgery on elbow March 24th, 2017
- Derek Norris commits to Rays on one-year deal March 24th, 2017
- Rockies' Jon Gray departs outing with foot soreness March 24th, 2017
- Rockies sending Jeff Hoffman to Triple-A Albuquerque March 23rd, 2017
- Rockies' David Dahl (rib) not cleared to swing bat yet March 20th, 2017
- Rockies plan on Ian Desmond (hand) returning next month March 16th, 2017
- Rockies without Tom Murphy 4-6 weeks due to forearm fracture March 14th, 2017
- Ian Desmond (hand) could be back for Rockies by end of April March 14th, 2017