Cardinals' Matt Carpenter (back) says he's fully recovered
St. Louis Cardinals infielder Matt Carpenter (back) says he feels "100 percent" and will return to Grapefruit League action Friday.
Carpenter pulled out of the World Baseball Classic and refrained from doing anything too intensive for almost two weeks as he dealt with a back injury, but it doesn't sound like there's any concern about his status for Opening Day. The 31-year-old infielder is a solid early-round fantasy pick.
Carpenter is projected to hit .267 with 23 home runs and 80 RBI's across 635 plate appearances this upcoming season, according to numberFire's models.
- Nationals won't bring Dusty Baker back in 2018 October 20th, 2017
- Yasmani Grandal is not in the Dodgers' Game 5 lineup October 19th, 2017
- Curtis Granderson is on the Dodgers' bench for Game 5 against the Cubs October 19th, 2017
- Andre Ethier is not in the Dodgers' Game 5 lineup October 19th, 2017
- Dodgers' Chase Utley will not start in Game 5 against the Cubs October 19th, 2017
- Logan Forsythe is in the Dodgers' Game 5 lineup on Thursday October 19th, 2017
- Cardinals' Adam Wainwright has surgery on right elbow October 4th, 2017
- Tommy Pham absent from Cardinals' lineup versus Milwaukee October 1st, 2017
- Jose Martinez on Cardinals' bench for Sunday's regular-season finale October 1st, 2017
- Stephen Piscotty absent from Cardinals' lineup against Brewers October 1st, 2017
- Paul DeJong not starting for Cardinals on Sunday October 1st, 2017
- Harrison Bader is in the Cardinals' lineup on Saturday September 30th, 2017