Cardinals' Matt Carpenter (back) says he's fully recovered
St. Louis Cardinals infielder Matt Carpenter (back) says he feels "100 percent" and will return to Grapefruit League action Friday.
Carpenter pulled out of the World Baseball Classic and refrained from doing anything too intensive for almost two weeks as he dealt with a back injury, but it doesn't sound like there's any concern about his status for Opening Day. The 31-year-old infielder is a solid early-round fantasy pick.
Carpenter is projected to hit .267 with 23 home runs and 80 RBI's across 635 plate appearances this upcoming season, according to numberFire's models.
- Mariners' Nelson Cruz dealing with lingering ankle pain April 20th, 2018
- Jeff Samardzija (pec) making his 2018 debut for the Giants on Friday April 20th, 2018
- Reds' Scott Schebler (elbow) activated off the DL on Friday April 20th, 2018
- Hunter Pence (thumb) placed on the 10-day DL by San Francisco April 20th, 2018
- Matt Joyce heads to the bench for Oakland against Boston April 20th, 2018
- Chad Pinder is in the Oakland lineup on Friday night April 20th, 2018
- Cardinals' Dexter Fowler out of the lineup on Friday April 20th, 2018
- Cardinals' Tommy Pham (groin) back in the lineup and leading off on Friday April 20th, 2018
- Cardinals' Tommy Pham says right groin is fine April 19th, 2018
- Greg Garcia not in Cardinals' Thursday lineup April 19th, 2018
- Jedd Gyorko starting at third base Thursday for Cardinals April 19th, 2018
- Harrison Bader in starting lineup Thursday for St. Louis April 19th, 2018