Cardinals' Matt Carpenter (back) says he's fully recovered
St. Louis Cardinals infielder Matt Carpenter (back) says he feels "100 percent" and will return to Grapefruit League action Friday.
Carpenter pulled out of the World Baseball Classic and refrained from doing anything too intensive for almost two weeks as he dealt with a back injury, but it doesn't sound like there's any concern about his status for Opening Day. The 31-year-old infielder is a solid early-round fantasy pick.
Carpenter is projected to hit .267 with 23 home runs and 80 RBI's across 635 plate appearances this upcoming season, according to numberFire's models.
- Nationals place Adam Eaton on disabled list with knee strain April 29th, 2017
- Giants confirm Grade 2 sprain for Madison Bumgarner April 28th, 2017
- Junior Guerra (calf) resumes mound work for Brewers April 28th, 2017
- Dodgers' Adrian Gonzalez still dealing with tendinitis in his forearm April 28th, 2017
- Dee Gordon getting a breather as Marlins face the Pirates April 28th, 2017
- Indians giving Michael Brantley Friday night off April 28th, 2017
- Cardinals and Reds postponed on Saturday April 29th, 2017
- Dexter Fowler goes yard as Caridnals sweep Thursday's doubleheader against Toronto April 28th, 2017
- Yadier Molina sitting out Game 2 of Cardinals' doubleheader April 27th, 2017
- Wednesday's matchup between Blue Jays and Cardinals postponed due to rain April 26th, 2017
- Cardinals' Matt Carpenter suspended one game for bumping ump April 25th, 2017
- Dexter Fowler (heel) is back in St. Louis' lineup on Sunday April 23rd, 2017