Cardinals' Matt Carpenter (back) says he's fully recovered
St. Louis Cardinals infielder Matt Carpenter (back) says he feels "100 percent" and will return to Grapefruit League action Friday.
Carpenter pulled out of the World Baseball Classic and refrained from doing anything too intensive for almost two weeks as he dealt with a back injury, but it doesn't sound like there's any concern about his status for Opening Day. The 31-year-old infielder is a solid early-round fantasy pick.
Carpenter is projected to hit .267 with 23 home runs and 80 RBI's across 635 plate appearances this upcoming season, according to numberFire's models.
- Padres acquire Chase Headley and Bryan Mitchell in trade with Yankees December 12th, 2017
- Marlins will receive Starlin Castro, prospects in Giancarlo Stanton deal December 9th, 2017
- Deal reportedly in place to send Marlins' Giancarlo Stanton to Yankees December 9th, 2017
- Shohei Ohtani signs with the Los Angeles Angels December 8th, 2017
- Mariners acquire Dee Gordon from Marlins for prospects December 7th, 2017
- Giants expect decision from Giancarlo Stanton by week's end December 7th, 2017
- Cardinals' Adam Wainwright has surgery on right elbow October 4th, 2017
- Tommy Pham absent from Cardinals' lineup versus Milwaukee October 1st, 2017
- Jose Martinez on Cardinals' bench for Sunday's regular-season finale October 1st, 2017
- Stephen Piscotty absent from Cardinals' lineup against Brewers October 1st, 2017
- Paul DeJong not starting for Cardinals on Sunday October 1st, 2017
- Harrison Bader is in the Cardinals' lineup on Saturday September 30th, 2017