Cardinals' Matt Carpenter (back) says he's fully recovered
St. Louis Cardinals infielder Matt Carpenter (back) says he feels "100 percent" and will return to Grapefruit League action Friday.
Carpenter pulled out of the World Baseball Classic and refrained from doing anything too intensive for almost two weeks as he dealt with a back injury, but it doesn't sound like there's any concern about his status for Opening Day. The 31-year-old infielder is a solid early-round fantasy pick.
Carpenter is projected to hit .267 with 23 home runs and 80 RBI's across 635 plate appearances this upcoming season, according to numberFire's models.
- Rangers agree to a $49.5M extension with Rougned Odor March 25th, 2017
- Indians and Jose Ramirez agree to $26M extension March 25th, 2017
- Rockies' Jon Gray departs outing with foot soreness March 24th, 2017
- Tigers' J.D. Martinez diagnosed with Lisfranc sprain in right foot March 24th, 2017
- Marlins calling upon Edinson Volquez for opener March 24th, 2017
- Will Smith opts for Tommy John surgery on elbow March 24th, 2017
- Cardinals penciling in Jhonny Peralta at third March 24th, 2017
- Carlos Martinez taking over the Cardinals' mound for Opening Day March 22nd, 2017
- Michael Wacha makes Cardinals' rotation March 19th, 2017
- Cardinals' Matt Carpenter (back) says he's fully recovered March 16th, 2017
- Matt Carpenter (back) out at least a week for St. Louis March 7th, 2017
- Cardinals' Trevor Rosenthal has no structural damage to right lat March 6th, 2017