Cardinals' Matt Carpenter (back) says he's fully recovered
St. Louis Cardinals infielder Matt Carpenter (back) says he feels "100 percent" and will return to Grapefruit League action Friday.
Carpenter pulled out of the World Baseball Classic and refrained from doing anything too intensive for almost two weeks as he dealt with a back injury, but it doesn't sound like there's any concern about his status for Opening Day. The 31-year-old infielder is a solid early-round fantasy pick.
Carpenter is projected to hit .267 with 23 home runs and 80 RBI's across 635 plate appearances this upcoming season, according to numberFire's models.
- Rays sign Carlos Gomez to one-year deal February 21st, 2018
- Steven Souza sent to Diamondbacks in three-team deal February 21st, 2018
- Yankees land Brandon Drury from Diamondbacks in three-team trade February 21st, 2018
- Orioles agree to terms with Colby Rasmus February 21st, 2018
- Astros prospect Forrest Whitley suspended for violating drug program February 21st, 2018
- Yuli Gurriel will move around infield this season for Astros February 21st, 2018
- Bud Norris and Cardinals agree to one-year deal February 12th, 2018
- Blue Jays acquire Randal Grichuk in trade with Cardinals January 19th, 2018
- Stephen Piscotty traded from Cardinals to Athletics in exchange for minor leaguers December 14th, 2017
- Cardinals acquiring Marlins' Marcell Ozuna December 13th, 2017
- Cardinals' Adam Wainwright has surgery on right elbow October 4th, 2017
- Tommy Pham absent from Cardinals' lineup versus Milwaukee October 1st, 2017