Cardinals' Matt Carpenter (back) says he's fully recovered
St. Louis Cardinals infielder Matt Carpenter (back) says he feels "100 percent" and will return to Grapefruit League action Friday.
Carpenter pulled out of the World Baseball Classic and refrained from doing anything too intensive for almost two weeks as he dealt with a back injury, but it doesn't sound like there's any concern about his status for Opening Day. The 31-year-old infielder is a solid early-round fantasy pick.
Carpenter is projected to hit .267 with 23 home runs and 80 RBI's across 635 plate appearances this upcoming season, according to numberFire's models.
- Gregor Blanco sitting on Thursday for Diamondbacks August 17th, 2017
- Jose Altuve hitting third for Astros August 17th, 2017
- Houston's Alex Bregman batting second on Thursday August 17th, 2017
- Jason Heyward out of the Cubs' lineup against Cincinnati August 17th, 2017
- Clayton Kershaw (back) could begin rehab assignment Monday for Dodgers August 17th, 2017
- Cubs' Ben Zobrist moves down to fifth in the batting order August 17th, 2017
- Cardinals' Trevor Rosenthal to be examined for arm tightness August 17th, 2017
- Cardinals' Jose Martinez not in lineup Wednesday night August 16th, 2017
- Luke Voit starting on Wednesday for St. Louis August 16th, 2017
- Jose Martinez batting eighth on Tuesday for Cardinals August 15th, 2017
- Dexter Fowler batting cleanup for Cardinals on Tuesday August 15th, 2017
- Randal Grichuk moved to bottom of Cardinals' order on Tuesday August 15th, 2017