Padres' Alex Dickerson (back) scheduled to meet with spine specialist
San Diego Padres outfielder Alex Dickerson (back) will see a spine specialist, manager Andy Green said Wednesday.
Dickerson recently suffered a setback in regards to his back injury and it continues to seem increasingly unlikely that he's ready for Opening Day. The Padres are hopeful an alternative opinion will help further along Dickerson's recovery.
Across an expected 408 plate appearances in 2017, numberFire's metrics project Dickerson to post a .257 batting average with 11 home runs and 48 RBI's.
- David Freese tossed from Pirates' game on Monday May 22nd, 2017
- Indians will have Corey Kluber (back) make rehab start Thursday May 22nd, 2017
- Cleveland's Carlos Carrasco (pectoral) cleared to start on Tuesday May 22nd, 2017
- Randall Delgado confirmed as Wednesday's starter for D-Backs May 22nd, 2017
- Carlos Rodon (biceps) throws simulated game for White Sox May 22nd, 2017
- Giants say Hunter Pence (hamstring) still a week away from return May 22nd, 2017
- Padres get a complete game from Clayton Richard in win over Arizona May 22nd, 2017
- Padres' Trevor Cahill (shoulder) suffers a setback, will have an MRI May 21st, 2017
- Matt Szczur (ankle) remains out of Padres lineup May 19th, 2017
- Padres place Trevor Cahill (shoulder) on 10-day DL May 17th, 2017
- Padres playing without Manuel Margot on Friday May 12th, 2017
- Padres acquire outfielder Matt Szczur from the Cubs May 8th, 2017