Padres' Alex Dickerson (back) scheduled to meet with spine specialist
San Diego Padres outfielder Alex Dickerson (back) will see a spine specialist, manager Andy Green said Wednesday.
Dickerson recently suffered a setback in regards to his back injury and it continues to seem increasingly unlikely that he's ready for Opening Day. The Padres are hopeful an alternative opinion will help further along Dickerson's recovery.
Across an expected 408 plate appearances in 2017, numberFire's metrics project Dickerson to post a .257 batting average with 11 home runs and 48 RBI's.
- Sandy Leon sitting for Red Sox against Rays May 23rd, 2018
- Christian Vazquez catching for Boston on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Rays' Jesus Sucre starting against Boston May 23rd, 2018
- Wilson Ramos (hand) out of Rays' lineup on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Mallex Smith sitting for Rays on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Denard Span returns to Rays' lineup versus Red Sox May 23rd, 2018
- Cory Spangenberg out of the Padres' lineup on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Manuel Margot starting for Padres on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Padres' Franmil Reyes out of the lineup on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Christian Villanueva in the Padres' lineup on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Padres-Nationals will start at 7:15 PM ET on Tuesday May 22nd, 2018
- The start of the Padres-Nationals game on Tuesday is being delayed May 22nd, 2018