Kevin Kiermaier nearing 6-year, $50 million-plus extension with Rays
Tampa Bay Rays outfielder Kevin Kiermaier is close to an extension for at least six years and more than $50 million, reports the Tampa Bay Times Marc Topkin.
Kiermaier is currently eligible for free agency after the 2020 season, but the Rays seem committed to keeping him around for a bit longer. He's made a name for himself as one of the best defensive center fielders in the game and also led Tampa Bay with 21 steals last season, but Kiermaier leaves a bit to be desired at the plate, evidenced by a .258/.313/.425 slash for his career.
numberFire's projections say Kiermaier will hit .258 with a .725 OPS across 514 plate appearances in 2017 while adding 13 home runs, 53 RBI's and 19 stolen bases.
- Houston's Jose Altuve named the 2017 American League MVP November 16th, 2017
- Marlins' Giancarlo Stanton wins NL MVP November 16th, 2017
- Cody Bellinger of the Dodgers named National League Rookie of the Year November 13th, 2017
- Yankees' Aaron Judge unanimous winner of American League Rookie of the Year November 13th, 2017
- George Springer, Astros defeat Dodgers in Game 7 for first World Series title November 2nd, 2017
- Astros' Yulieski Gurriel suspended five games in 2018 for gesture October 28th, 2017
- Rays' Corey Dickerson is leading off on Sunday October 1st, 2017
- Steven Souza is batting fifth for the Rays on Sunday October 1st, 2017
- Trevor Plouffe is starting for the Rays on Sunday October 1st, 2017
- Curt Casali is starting at catcher on Sunday afternoon October 1st, 2017
- Evan Longoria is starting for the Rays' season finale October 1st, 2017
- Ray's Corey Dickerson is in the lineup on Saturday September 30th, 2017