Kevin Kiermaier nearing 6-year, $50 million-plus extension with Rays
Tampa Bay Rays outfielder Kevin Kiermaier is close to an extension for at least six years and more than $50 million, reports the Tampa Bay Times Marc Topkin.
Kiermaier is currently eligible for free agency after the 2020 season, but the Rays seem committed to keeping him around for a bit longer. He's made a name for himself as one of the best defensive center fielders in the game and also led Tampa Bay with 21 steals last season, but Kiermaier leaves a bit to be desired at the plate, evidenced by a .258/.313/.425 slash for his career.
numberFire's projections say Kiermaier will hit .258 with a .725 OPS across 514 plate appearances in 2017 while adding 13 home runs, 53 RBI's and 19 stolen bases.
- Franklin Gutierrez in left field for Los Angeles June 22nd, 2017
- Joc Pederson on Dodgers' bench on Thursday June 22nd, 2017
- Dodgers starting Enrique Hernandez on Thursday June 22nd, 2017
- Corey Seager out of lineup for Dodgers on Thursday June 22nd, 2017
- Mets' T.J. Rivera heads back to the bench on Thursday June 22nd, 2017
- Dodgers' Chase Utley out of lineup on Thursday June 22nd, 2017
- Rays' Evan Longoria not in Wednesday's lineup June 21st, 2017
- Steven Souza down to third in the Rays' batting order June 21st, 2017
- Mallex Smith back in the Rays' lineup, batting leadoff Wednesday June 21st, 2017
- Derek Norris not in Rays' lineup Tuesday night June 20th, 2017
- Jesus Sucre is catching for Tampa Bay on Tuesday June 20th, 2017
- Taylor Featherston is starting at second base Tuesday in Tampa Bay June 20th, 2017