Kevin Kiermaier nearing 6-year, $50 million-plus extension with Rays
Tampa Bay Rays outfielder Kevin Kiermaier is close to an extension for at least six years and more than $50 million, reports the Tampa Bay Times Marc Topkin.
Kiermaier is currently eligible for free agency after the 2020 season, but the Rays seem committed to keeping him around for a bit longer. He's made a name for himself as one of the best defensive center fielders in the game and also led Tampa Bay with 21 steals last season, but Kiermaier leaves a bit to be desired at the plate, evidenced by a .258/.313/.425 slash for his career.
numberFire's projections say Kiermaier will hit .258 with a .725 OPS across 514 plate appearances in 2017 while adding 13 home runs, 53 RBI's and 19 stolen bases.
- Red Sox offer J.D. Martinez five-year, $100 million deal January 17th, 2018
- Christian Yelich's relationship with Marlins 'irrevocably broken' January 16th, 2018
- Giants' Hunter Pence will move to left field in 2018 January 16th, 2018
- Andrew McCutchen to play right field following trade to Giants January 16th, 2018
- Josh Harrison prefers trade if Pirates aren't looking to compete January 16th, 2018
- Report: Giants acquire Andrew McCutchen from Pirates January 15th, 2018
- Giants acquire Evan Longoria in five-player deal with Rays December 20th, 2017
- Rays' Corey Dickerson is leading off on Sunday October 1st, 2017
- Steven Souza is batting fifth for the Rays on Sunday October 1st, 2017
- Trevor Plouffe is starting for the Rays on Sunday October 1st, 2017
- Curt Casali is starting at catcher on Sunday afternoon October 1st, 2017
- Evan Longoria is starting for the Rays' season finale October 1st, 2017