Kevin Kiermaier nearing 6-year, $50 million-plus extension with Rays
Tampa Bay Rays outfielder Kevin Kiermaier is close to an extension for at least six years and more than $50 million, reports the Tampa Bay Times Marc Topkin.
Kiermaier is currently eligible for free agency after the 2020 season, but the Rays seem committed to keeping him around for a bit longer. He's made a name for himself as one of the best defensive center fielders in the game and also led Tampa Bay with 21 steals last season, but Kiermaier leaves a bit to be desired at the plate, evidenced by a .258/.313/.425 slash for his career.
numberFire's projections say Kiermaier will hit .258 with a .725 OPS across 514 plate appearances in 2017 while adding 13 home runs, 53 RBI's and 19 stolen bases.
- Dodgers sticking Cody Bellinger at top of order on Wednesday night April 26th, 2017
- Adrian Beltre (calf) not expected to be back in May April 26th, 2017
- Giants place Denard Span (shoulder) on disabled list April 26th, 2017
- Koda Glover lands on Nationals' disabled list with hip injury April 26th, 2017
- Gary Sanchez (biceps) throwing, taking batting practice for Yankees April 26th, 2017
- Yankees' Didi Gregorius (shoulder) could make season debut Friday April 26th, 2017
- Rays scratch Erasmo Ramirez (rain) from start on Tuesday April 25th, 2017
- Steven Souza (elbow) in the lineup for the Rays on Tuesday April 25th, 2017
- Jake Odorizzi (hamstring) set to rejoin Rays' rotation on May 1 April 24th, 2017
- Blake Snell picks up the loss as Tampa Bay loses on Monday April 17th, 2017
- Rickie Weeks exits Rays' outing with neck, shoulder soreness April 12th, 2017
- Steven Souza hitting leadoff for Rays on Tuesday April 4th, 2017