Kevin Kiermaier nearing 6-year, $50 million-plus extension with Rays
Tampa Bay Rays outfielder Kevin Kiermaier is close to an extension for at least six years and more than $50 million, reports the Tampa Bay Times Marc Topkin.
Kiermaier is currently eligible for free agency after the 2020 season, but the Rays seem committed to keeping him around for a bit longer. He's made a name for himself as one of the best defensive center fielders in the game and also led Tampa Bay with 21 steals last season, but Kiermaier leaves a bit to be desired at the plate, evidenced by a .258/.313/.425 slash for his career.
numberFire's projections say Kiermaier will hit .258 with a .725 OPS across 514 plate appearances in 2017 while adding 13 home runs, 53 RBI's and 19 stolen bases.
- Martin Maldonado is starting at catcher for the Angels September 24th, 2017
- George Springer leading off for Houston Sunday night September 24th, 2017
- Jose Altuve is back in the lineup for the Astros September 24th, 2017
- Astros' Brian McCann is batting ninth on Sunday September 24th, 2017
- Josh Reddick is in the Astros' Sunday lineup September 24th, 2017
- Marwin Gonzalez is on the bench for Houston September 24th, 2017
- Rays' Daniel Robertson playing at third base Sunday September 24th, 2017
- Jesus Sucre is in Rays' lineup Sunday in Baltimore September 24th, 2017
- Mallex Smith starting for Rays on Sunday against Orioles September 24th, 2017
- Wilson Ramos sitting out Sunday for Rays September 24th, 2017
- Steve Souza not in Rays' lineup on Sunday September 24th, 2017
- Evan Longoria out of Rays' Sunday lineup September 24th, 2017