Kevin Kiermaier nearing 6-year, $50 million-plus extension with Rays
Tampa Bay Rays outfielder Kevin Kiermaier is close to an extension for at least six years and more than $50 million, reports the Tampa Bay Times Marc Topkin.
Kiermaier is currently eligible for free agency after the 2020 season, but the Rays seem committed to keeping him around for a bit longer. He's made a name for himself as one of the best defensive center fielders in the game and also led Tampa Bay with 21 steals last season, but Kiermaier leaves a bit to be desired at the plate, evidenced by a .258/.313/.425 slash for his career.
numberFire's projections say Kiermaier will hit .258 with a .725 OPS across 514 plate appearances in 2017 while adding 13 home runs, 53 RBI's and 19 stolen bases.
- Michael Conforto not in Mets' lineup versus San Diego July 25th, 2017
- T.J. Rivera starting at second base Tuesday for Mets July 25th, 2017
- Kyle Lloyd will make his MLB debut Tuesday for San Diego July 25th, 2017
- Zack Granite batting second for Twins on Tuesday July 25th, 2017
- Curtis Granderson starting on Tuesday for Mets July 25th, 2017
- Wilmer Flores not in Mets' Tuesday lineup July 25th, 2017
- Jesus Sucre is batting ninth as Rays face Orioles July 25th, 2017
- Trevor Plouffe is getting the start at first base for the Rays July 25th, 2017
- Rays' Peter Bourjos will start in centerfield Tuesday July 25th, 2017
- Wilson Ramos (head) is on the Rays' bench versus Orioles July 25th, 2017
- Logan Morrison is absent from Tampa's lineup Tuesday July 25th, 2017
- Corey Dickerson is out of the Rays' Tuesday lineup July 25th, 2017