Kevin Kiermaier nearing 6-year, $50 million-plus extension with Rays
Tampa Bay Rays outfielder Kevin Kiermaier is close to an extension for at least six years and more than $50 million, reports the Tampa Bay Times Marc Topkin.
Kiermaier is currently eligible for free agency after the 2020 season, but the Rays seem committed to keeping him around for a bit longer. He's made a name for himself as one of the best defensive center fielders in the game and also led Tampa Bay with 21 steals last season, but Kiermaier leaves a bit to be desired at the plate, evidenced by a .258/.313/.425 slash for his career.
numberFire's projections say Kiermaier will hit .258 with a .725 OPS across 514 plate appearances in 2017 while adding 13 home runs, 53 RBI's and 19 stolen bases.
- Sandy Leon sitting for Red Sox against Rays May 23rd, 2018
- Christian Vazquez catching for Boston on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Cory Spangenberg out of the Padres' lineup on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Manuel Margot starting for Padres on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Matt Adams returns to the Nationals' lineup on Wednesday afternoon May 23rd, 2018
- Washington's Spencer Kieboom catching against the Padres May 23rd, 2018
- Rays' Jesus Sucre starting against Boston May 23rd, 2018
- Wilson Ramos (hand) out of Rays' lineup on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Mallex Smith sitting for Rays on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Denard Span returns to Rays' lineup versus Red Sox May 23rd, 2018
- Rays' Jacob Faria placed on 10-day disabled list with oblique strain May 23rd, 2018
- Wilson Ramos leaves Tampa's game on Tuesday with an injury May 22nd, 2018