Cleveland skipping Carlos Carrasco's (swollen elbow) next start
Cleveland Indians starting pitcher Carlos Carrasco will miss his next Cactus League start due to some swelling in his right elbow.
Manager Terry Francona said Carrasco went for MRI and the results came back clean, but the injury is a bit disconcerting as the pitcher was lit up in his last appearance, allowing eight runs in less than two innings. As of now, Carrasco is still expected to be ready for Opening Day but stay tuned, due to the righty's injury history.
Carrasco finished the 2016 season with an 11-8 record, 3.32 ERA, 1.15 WHIP, and 150 strikeouts in 146.1 innings pitched.
- Brandon Belt starting at first base for the Giants June 23rd, 2017
- Denard Span batting leadoff as Giants host the Mets June 23rd, 2017
- Hunter Pence is on the Giants' bench Friday night June 23rd, 2017
- Buster Posey is not in the lineup for San Francisco June 23rd, 2017
- Jay Bruce is out of the lineup Friday for New York June 23rd, 2017
- Michael Conforto back in the lineup for New York on Friday June 23rd, 2017
- Jose Ramirez is not in the Indians' lineup on Friday June 23rd, 2017
- Roberto Perez will start at catcher for Cleveland June 23rd, 2017
- Cleveland's Lonnie Chisenhall is back in the lineup Friday June 23rd, 2017
- Francisco Lindor moved to third in Indians' batting order June 23rd, 2017
- Jason Kipnis will leadoff for Cleveland on Friday June 23rd, 2017
- Austin Jackson tallies three RBI's in Cleveland's victory June 23rd, 2017