Indians' Jason Kipnis (shoulder) to get second opinion
Cleveland Indians second baseman Jason Kipnis will get a second opinion from Dr. Keith Meister on his ailing right shoulder at the end of this week.
Kipnis has already been ruled out of being ready for Opening Day and is facing an indefinite shutdown until the Indians find out the reason his shoulder is bothering him. The second baseman says if it were the regular season he would be able to play through the ailment but expect Cleveland to be extra cautious to start the season.
Kipnis crushed a career-high 23 home runs in 2016 while slashing .275/.343/.469 in 610 at-bats.
- Jordan Zimmermann named Tigers' Opening Day starter March 17th, 2018
- Bannister: Rangers' Joey Gallo batting second 'a real possibility' March 17th, 2018
- White Sox tag veteran James Shields as Opening Day starter March 17th, 2018
- Javier Baez (hamstring) returning to the field Sunday for Cubs March 17th, 2018
- Mets' Yoenis Cespedes (wrist) will return to action on Monday March 17th, 2018
- Mariners' Erasmo Ramirez (shoudler) not expected to be ready for start of regular season March 17th, 2018
- Danny Salazar (shoulder) to start season on Indians' disabled list March 6th, 2018
- Cleveland's Mike Clevinger earns a spot in the starting rotation March 5th, 2018
- Cleveland's Danny Salazar (shoulder) doubtful to be ready for Opening Day February 27th, 2018
- Indians sign Mike Napoli to minor league deal February 27th, 2018
- Indians' Danny Salazar (shoulder) has progressed to throwing from 75 feet February 20th, 2018
- Cleveland signs Rajai Davis to a minor league contract February 17th, 2018