Indians' Jason Kipnis (shoulder) to get second opinion
Cleveland Indians second baseman Jason Kipnis will get a second opinion from Dr. Keith Meister on his ailing right shoulder at the end of this week.
Kipnis has already been ruled out of being ready for Opening Day and is facing an indefinite shutdown until the Indians find out the reason his shoulder is bothering him. The second baseman says if it were the regular season he would be able to play through the ailment but expect Cleveland to be extra cautious to start the season.
Kipnis crushed a career-high 23 home runs in 2016 while slashing .275/.343/.469 in 610 at-bats.
- Dodgers sticking Cody Bellinger at top of order on Wednesday night April 26th, 2017
- Adrian Beltre (calf) not expected to be back in May April 26th, 2017
- Giants place Denard Span (shoulder) on disabled list April 26th, 2017
- Koda Glover lands on Nationals' disabled list with hip injury April 26th, 2017
- Gary Sanchez (biceps) throwing, taking batting practice for Yankees April 26th, 2017
- Yankees' Didi Gregorius (shoulder) could make season debut Friday April 26th, 2017
- Indians' Corey Kluber tosses three-hit shutout against White Sox April 22nd, 2017
- Jason Kipnis activated from Indians' disabled list April 21st, 2017
- Indians expect Jason Kipnis (shoulder) to debut Friday April 21st, 2017
- Rain postpones Wednesday's contest between Indians and Twins April 19th, 2017
- Cleveland's Jose Ramirez goes yard in win over Twins April 19th, 2017
- Indians' Jason Kipnis (shoulder) nearing season debut April 17th, 2017