Indians' Jason Kipnis (shoulder) to get second opinion
Cleveland Indians second baseman Jason Kipnis will get a second opinion from Dr. Keith Meister on his ailing right shoulder at the end of this week.
Kipnis has already been ruled out of being ready for Opening Day and is facing an indefinite shutdown until the Indians find out the reason his shoulder is bothering him. The second baseman says if it were the regular season he would be able to play through the ailment but expect Cleveland to be extra cautious to start the season.
Kipnis crushed a career-high 23 home runs in 2016 while slashing .275/.343/.469 in 610 at-bats.
- Athletics want young center fielder in Sonny Gray trade July 25th, 2017
- Matt Davidson hitting cleanup on Tuesday for White Sox July 25th, 2017
- Kevan Smith is not in White Sox' Tuesday lineup July 25th, 2017
- Omar Narvaez back at catcher Tuesday as White Sox battle Cubs July 25th, 2017
- Yoan Moncada is hitting fifth Tuesday for White Sox July 25th, 2017
- Ben Zobrist leading off on Tuesday for Cubs July 25th, 2017
- Cleveland's Yan Gomes out of the lineup against the Reds July 24th, 2017
- Roberto Perez starting at catcher for Cleveland July 24th, 2017
- Giovanny Urshela moves up in the Indians' batting order July 24th, 2017
- Cleveland's Abraham Almonte batting eighth on Monday July 24th, 2017
- Cleveland's Carlos Sanatana moves down to sixth in the order against Cincinnati July 24th, 2017
- Bradley Zimmer back in the Indians' lineup, batting leadoff July 24th, 2017