Indians' Jason Kipnis (shoulder) to get second opinion
Cleveland Indians second baseman Jason Kipnis will get a second opinion from Dr. Keith Meister on his ailing right shoulder at the end of this week.
Kipnis has already been ruled out of being ready for Opening Day and is facing an indefinite shutdown until the Indians find out the reason his shoulder is bothering him. The second baseman says if it were the regular season he would be able to play through the ailment but expect Cleveland to be extra cautious to start the season.
Kipnis crushed a career-high 23 home runs in 2016 while slashing .275/.343/.469 in 610 at-bats.
- Rangers agree to a $49.5M extension with Rougned Odor March 25th, 2017
- Rockies' Jon Gray departs outing with foot soreness March 24th, 2017
- Tigers' J.D. Martinez diagnosed with Lisfranc sprain in right foot March 24th, 2017
- Marlins calling upon Edinson Volquez for opener March 24th, 2017
- Will Smith opts for Tommy John surgery on elbow March 24th, 2017
- Derek Norris commits to Rays on one-year deal March 24th, 2017
- Indians and Jose Ramirez agree to $26M extension March 25th, 2017
- Cleveland will be without Jason Kipnis for at least another month March 19th, 2017
- Cleveland skipping Carlos Carrasco's (swollen elbow) next start March 14th, 2017
- Indians' Jason Kipnis (shoulder) to get second opinion March 14th, 2017
- Indians schedule Michael Brantley (shoulder) for minor league work March 14th, 2017
- Indians rule out Jason Kipnis (shoulder) for Opening Day March 12th, 2017