Indians' Jason Kipnis (shoulder) to get second opinion
Cleveland Indians second baseman Jason Kipnis will get a second opinion from Dr. Keith Meister on his ailing right shoulder at the end of this week.
Kipnis has already been ruled out of being ready for Opening Day and is facing an indefinite shutdown until the Indians find out the reason his shoulder is bothering him. The second baseman says if it were the regular season he would be able to play through the ailment but expect Cleveland to be extra cautious to start the season.
Kipnis crushed a career-high 23 home runs in 2016 while slashing .275/.343/.469 in 610 at-bats.
- David Freese tossed from Pirates' game on Monday May 22nd, 2017
- Randall Delgado confirmed as Wednesday's starter for D-Backs May 22nd, 2017
- Carlos Rodon (biceps) throws simulated game for White Sox May 22nd, 2017
- Giants say Hunter Pence (hamstring) still a week away from return May 22nd, 2017
- Brad Peacock making a spot start for Astros on Monday May 22nd, 2017
- Tigers option pitcher Anibal Sanchez to minors May 22nd, 2017
- Indians will have Corey Kluber (back) make rehab start Thursday May 22nd, 2017
- Cleveland's Carlos Carrasco (pectoral) cleared to start on Tuesday May 22nd, 2017
- Indians moving Carlos Santana over to right versus Reds May 22nd, 2017
- Bradley Zimmer out of Indians' lineup Monday May 22nd, 2017
- Big day from Yan Gomes in Cleveland's win on Sunday May 21st, 2017
- Indians' Corey Kluber (back) on track for rehab start Thursday May 21st, 2017