Indians' Jason Kipnis (shoulder) to get second opinion
Cleveland Indians second baseman Jason Kipnis will get a second opinion from Dr. Keith Meister on his ailing right shoulder at the end of this week.
Kipnis has already been ruled out of being ready for Opening Day and is facing an indefinite shutdown until the Indians find out the reason his shoulder is bothering him. The second baseman says if it were the regular season he would be able to play through the ailment but expect Cleveland to be extra cautious to start the season.
Kipnis crushed a career-high 23 home runs in 2016 while slashing .275/.343/.469 in 610 at-bats.
- Sandy Leon sitting for Red Sox against Rays May 23rd, 2018
- Christian Vazquez catching for Boston on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Rays' Jesus Sucre starting against Boston May 23rd, 2018
- Wilson Ramos (hand) out of Rays' lineup on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Mallex Smith sitting for Rays on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Denard Span returns to Rays' lineup versus Red Sox May 23rd, 2018
- Roberto Perez starting for Indians versus Cubs May 22nd, 2018
- Yan Gomes sitting for Indians on Tuesday May 22nd, 2018
- Edwin Encarnacion sitting as Indians visit Cubs May 22nd, 2018
- Rajai Davis is not starting on Sunday for Cleveland May 20th, 2018
- Brandon Guyer is absent from Cleveland's Sunday night lineup May 20th, 2018
- Erik Gonzalez is not in the Indians' lineup on Sunday May 20th, 2018