Indians' Jason Kipnis (shoulder) to get second opinion
Cleveland Indians second baseman Jason Kipnis will get a second opinion from Dr. Keith Meister on his ailing right shoulder at the end of this week.
Kipnis has already been ruled out of being ready for Opening Day and is facing an indefinite shutdown until the Indians find out the reason his shoulder is bothering him. The second baseman says if it were the regular season he would be able to play through the ailment but expect Cleveland to be extra cautious to start the season.
Kipnis crushed a career-high 23 home runs in 2016 while slashing .275/.343/.469 in 610 at-bats.
- Franklin Gutierrez in left field for Los Angeles June 22nd, 2017
- Joc Pederson on Dodgers' bench on Thursday June 22nd, 2017
- Dodgers starting Enrique Hernandez on Thursday June 22nd, 2017
- Corey Seager out of lineup for Dodgers on Thursday June 22nd, 2017
- Mets' T.J. Rivera heads back to the bench on Thursday June 22nd, 2017
- Dodgers' Chase Utley out of lineup on Thursday June 22nd, 2017
- Yan Gomes starting at catcher for Cleveland June 22nd, 2017
- Cleveland's Erik Gonzalez is in the outfield on Thursday June 22nd, 2017
- Daniel Robertson is in the Indians' lineup on Thursday June 22nd, 2017
- Bradley Zimmer heads to the bench for Cleveland June 22nd, 2017
- Lonnie Chisenhall out of Cleveland's lineup versus Baltimore June 22nd, 2017
- Carlos Carrasco twirls a gem in Cleveland's win on Wednesday June 22nd, 2017