Twins' Jordan Schafer to undergo elbow surgery
Minnesota Twins outfielder/pitcher Jordan Schafer will undergo elbow surgery on Friday.
According to Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, it will be determined at the time of the procedure whether Schafer needs Tommy John surgery. He was forced to exit Sunday's game due to tightness in his forearm, which wound up being a significant injury. The 30-year-old left-hander had been in camp with the Cardinals as both a pitcher and outfielder.
Schafer made his first attempt on the mound in 2016, recording a 3.15 ERA, 1.45 WHIP and 25.6 strikeout percentage across 40 innings (31 games) for Double-A Tulsa (Dodgers).
- Sandy Leon sitting for Red Sox against Rays May 23rd, 2018
- Christian Vazquez catching for Boston on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Rays' Jesus Sucre starting against Boston May 23rd, 2018
- Wilson Ramos (hand) out of Rays' lineup on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Mallex Smith sitting for Rays on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Denard Span returns to Rays' lineup versus Red Sox May 23rd, 2018
- Ryan LaMarre returns to the Twins' bench against the Tigers May 23rd, 2018
- Jake Cave starting in left field for the Twins on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Twins' Mitch Garver out against Detriot May 23rd, 2018
- Robbie Grossman out of the Twins' lineup on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Minnesota's Max Kepler returns to the lineup on Wednesday afternoon May 23rd, 2018
- Twins' Bobby Wilson catching against Detroit May 23rd, 2018