Twins' Jordan Schafer to undergo elbow surgery
Minnesota Twins outfielder/pitcher Jordan Schafer will undergo elbow surgery on Friday.
According to Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, it will be determined at the time of the procedure whether Schafer needs Tommy John surgery. He was forced to exit Sunday's game due to tightness in his forearm, which wound up being a significant injury. The 30-year-old left-hander had been in camp with the Cardinals as both a pitcher and outfielder.
Schafer made his first attempt on the mound in 2016, recording a 3.15 ERA, 1.45 WHIP and 25.6 strikeout percentage across 40 innings (31 games) for Double-A Tulsa (Dodgers).
- Michael Conforto not in Mets' lineup versus San Diego July 25th, 2017
- T.J. Rivera starting at second base Tuesday for Mets July 25th, 2017
- Kyle Lloyd will make his MLB debut Tuesday for San Diego July 25th, 2017
- Curtis Granderson starting on Tuesday for Mets July 25th, 2017
- Wilmer Flores not in Mets' Tuesday lineup July 25th, 2017
- Logan Forsythe not in the Dodgers' lineup on Tuesday July 25th, 2017
- Zack Granite batting second for Twins on Tuesday July 25th, 2017
- Minnesota's Zack Granite batting eighth against the Dodgers July 24th, 2017
- Jason Castro back in the Twins' lineup Monday July 24th, 2017
- Twins' Robbie Grossman batting sixth against the Dodgers July 24th, 2017
- Eduardo Escobar batting cleanup for Minnesota July 24th, 2017
- Joe Mauer in the Twins' starting lineup on Monday July 24th, 2017