Twins' Jordan Schafer to undergo elbow surgery
Minnesota Twins outfielder/pitcher Jordan Schafer will undergo elbow surgery on Friday.
According to Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, it will be determined at the time of the procedure whether Schafer needs Tommy John surgery. He was forced to exit Sunday's game due to tightness in his forearm, which wound up being a significant injury. The 30-year-old left-hander had been in camp with the Cardinals as both a pitcher and outfielder.
Schafer made his first attempt on the mound in 2016, recording a 3.15 ERA, 1.45 WHIP and 25.6 strikeout percentage across 40 innings (31 games) for Double-A Tulsa (Dodgers).
- Red Sox offer J.D. Martinez five-year, $100 million deal January 17th, 2018
- Christian Yelich's relationship with Marlins 'irrevocably broken' January 16th, 2018
- Giants' Hunter Pence will move to left field in 2018 January 16th, 2018
- Andrew McCutchen to play right field following trade to Giants January 16th, 2018
- Josh Harrison prefers trade if Pirates aren't looking to compete January 16th, 2018
- Report: Giants acquire Andrew McCutchen from Pirates January 15th, 2018
- Twins sign Addison Reed to two-year deal January 13th, 2018
- Twins' Byron Buxton (ribs) does not have a fracture October 8th, 2017
- Twins' Byron Buxton exits Wildcard game with tight upper back October 4th, 2017
- Eduardo Escobar batting fifth as Twins open playoffs against Yankees October 3rd, 2017
- Max Kepler starting for Twins in AL Wildcard game October 3rd, 2017
- Miguel Sano left off Twins' roster for wild card game October 3rd, 2017