Twins' Jordan Schafer to undergo elbow surgery
Minnesota Twins outfielder/pitcher Jordan Schafer will undergo elbow surgery on Friday.
According to Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, it will be determined at the time of the procedure whether Schafer needs Tommy John surgery. He was forced to exit Sunday's game due to tightness in his forearm, which wound up being a significant injury. The 30-year-old left-hander had been in camp with the Cardinals as both a pitcher and outfielder.
Schafer made his first attempt on the mound in 2016, recording a 3.15 ERA, 1.45 WHIP and 25.6 strikeout percentage across 40 innings (31 games) for Double-A Tulsa (Dodgers).
- Dodgers sticking Cody Bellinger at top of order on Wednesday night April 26th, 2017
- Adrian Beltre (calf) not expected to be back in May April 26th, 2017
- Giants place Denard Span (shoulder) on disabled list April 26th, 2017
- Koda Glover lands on Nationals' disabled list with hip injury April 26th, 2017
- Gary Sanchez (biceps) throwing, taking batting practice for Yankees April 26th, 2017
- Yankees' Didi Gregorius (shoulder) could make season debut Friday April 26th, 2017
- Joe Mauer sitting in Twins' matchup with Rangers April 26th, 2017
- Twins giving Robbie Grossman Tuesday off April 25th, 2017
- Brian Dozier pushes Twins past Texas with three-run double April 25th, 2017
- Twins' Miguel Sano hit with one-game suspension, will appeal April 24th, 2017
- Rain postpones Wednesday's contest between Indians and Twins April 19th, 2017
- Twins give struggling Byron Buxton Monday off April 17th, 2017