Twins' Jordan Schafer to undergo elbow surgery
Minnesota Twins outfielder/pitcher Jordan Schafer will undergo elbow surgery on Friday.
According to Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, it will be determined at the time of the procedure whether Schafer needs Tommy John surgery. He was forced to exit Sunday's game due to tightness in his forearm, which wound up being a significant injury. The 30-year-old left-hander had been in camp with the Cardinals as both a pitcher and outfielder.
Schafer made his first attempt on the mound in 2016, recording a 3.15 ERA, 1.45 WHIP and 25.6 strikeout percentage across 40 innings (31 games) for Double-A Tulsa (Dodgers).
- Rangers agree to a $49.5M extension with Rougned Odor March 25th, 2017
- Indians and Jose Ramirez agree to $26M extension March 25th, 2017
- Rockies' Jon Gray departs outing with foot soreness March 24th, 2017
- Tigers' J.D. Martinez diagnosed with Lisfranc sprain in right foot March 24th, 2017
- Marlins calling upon Edinson Volquez for opener March 24th, 2017
- Will Smith opts for Tommy John surgery on elbow March 24th, 2017
- Jose Berrios not expected to make Twins' Opening Day rotation March 24th, 2017
- Twins' Trevor May says he will undergo Tommy John surgery March 22nd, 2017
- Twins' Jordan Schafer to undergo elbow surgery March 14th, 2017
- Byron Buxton goes 0-3 in leadoff spot for Twins on Friday March 11th, 2017
- Twins considering Byron Buxton at leadoff February 27th, 2017
- Twins targeting Joe Blanton and Boone Logan January 30th, 2017