Indians schedule Michael Brantley (shoulder) for minor league work
Cleveland Indians outfielder Michael Brantley (shoulder) is scheduled to play in minor league games on Wednesday and Friday, manager Terry Francona said.
Brantley's surgically-repaired right shoulder and biceps have responded well in simulated games, so hopefully he can continue working through his recovery. His Opening Day status remains up in the air.
Brantley is projected to record a .291 batting average with a .822 OPS across 451 plate appearances this season, according to numberFire's models, while adding 12 home runs, 62 RBI's and 10 stolen bases.
- Athletics want young center fielder in Sonny Gray trade July 25th, 2017
- Matt Davidson hitting cleanup on Tuesday for White Sox July 25th, 2017
- Kevan Smith is not in White Sox' Tuesday lineup July 25th, 2017
- Omar Narvaez back at catcher Tuesday as White Sox battle Cubs July 25th, 2017
- Yoan Moncada is hitting fifth Tuesday for White Sox July 25th, 2017
- Ben Zobrist leading off on Tuesday for Cubs July 25th, 2017
- Cleveland's Yan Gomes out of the lineup against the Reds July 24th, 2017
- Roberto Perez starting at catcher for Cleveland July 24th, 2017
- Giovanny Urshela moves up in the Indians' batting order July 24th, 2017
- Cleveland's Abraham Almonte batting eighth on Monday July 24th, 2017
- Cleveland's Carlos Sanatana moves down to sixth in the order against Cincinnati July 24th, 2017
- Bradley Zimmer back in the Indians' lineup, batting leadoff July 24th, 2017