Indians schedule Michael Brantley (shoulder) for minor league work
Cleveland Indians outfielder Michael Brantley (shoulder) is scheduled to play in minor league games on Wednesday and Friday, manager Terry Francona said.
Brantley's surgically-repaired right shoulder and biceps have responded well in simulated games, so hopefully he can continue working through his recovery. His Opening Day status remains up in the air.
Brantley is projected to record a .291 batting average with a .822 OPS across 451 plate appearances this season, according to numberFire's models, while adding 12 home runs, 62 RBI's and 10 stolen bases.
- Rangers agree to a $49.5M extension with Rougned Odor March 25th, 2017
- Rockies' Jon Gray departs outing with foot soreness March 24th, 2017
- Tigers' J.D. Martinez diagnosed with Lisfranc sprain in right foot March 24th, 2017
- Marlins calling upon Edinson Volquez for opener March 24th, 2017
- Will Smith opts for Tommy John surgery on elbow March 24th, 2017
- Derek Norris commits to Rays on one-year deal March 24th, 2017
- Indians and Jose Ramirez agree to $26M extension March 25th, 2017
- Cleveland will be without Jason Kipnis for at least another month March 19th, 2017
- Cleveland skipping Carlos Carrasco's (swollen elbow) next start March 14th, 2017
- Indians' Jason Kipnis (shoulder) to get second opinion March 14th, 2017
- Indians schedule Michael Brantley (shoulder) for minor league work March 14th, 2017
- Indians rule out Jason Kipnis (shoulder) for Opening Day March 12th, 2017