Indians schedule Michael Brantley (shoulder) for minor league work
Cleveland Indians outfielder Michael Brantley (shoulder) is scheduled to play in minor league games on Wednesday and Friday, manager Terry Francona said.
Brantley's surgically-repaired right shoulder and biceps have responded well in simulated games, so hopefully he can continue working through his recovery. His Opening Day status remains up in the air.
Brantley is projected to record a .291 batting average with a .822 OPS across 451 plate appearances this season, according to numberFire's models, while adding 12 home runs, 62 RBI's and 10 stolen bases.
- Red Sox offer J.D. Martinez five-year, $100 million deal January 17th, 2018
- Christian Yelich's relationship with Marlins 'irrevocably broken' January 16th, 2018
- Giants' Hunter Pence will move to left field in 2018 January 16th, 2018
- Andrew McCutchen to play right field following trade to Giants January 16th, 2018
- Josh Harrison prefers trade if Pirates aren't looking to compete January 16th, 2018
- Report: Giants acquire Andrew McCutchen from Pirates January 15th, 2018
- Michael Brantley not in Indians' ALDS Game 5 lineup October 11th, 2017
- Lonnie Chisenhall not in Indians' Game 5 lineup October 11th, 2017
- Austin Jackson starting in left field for Game 5 in Cleveland October 11th, 2017
- Jay Bruce drops to seventh in Indians' Game 5 lineup October 11th, 2017
- Edwin Encarnacion (ankle) returns to Indians' lineup for Game 5 of ALDS October 11th, 2017
- Indians' Edwin Encarnacion (ankle) went through running drills on Tuesday October 10th, 2017