Twins considering Byron Buxton at leadoff
Minnesota Twins outfielder Byron Buxton could hit his way into the leadoff spot this spring, manager Paul Molitor indicated Monday.
In 411 career plate appearances, Buxton has led off for only 59 of them. He's slashing .255/.293/.382 with a concerning 35.6 percent strikeout rate out of the one hole, but the boost in opportunity would bode well for his fantasy appeal. The 23-year-old former top prospect has batted ninth for the majority of his career (374 plate appearances).
Buxton's production improved from his rookie to sophomore season, as he posted a .225/.284/.430 slash with a .304 wOBA and .205 ISO through 331 plate appearances. He mashed 10 taters and stole 10 bases.
- Jorge Soler leading off for Braves in Game 5 on Sunday October 31st, 2021
- Joc Pederson batting fifth in Atlanta's Saturday Game 4 lineup October 30th, 2021
- Jorge Soler heads to Atlanta's bench on Saturday October 30th, 2021
- Jose Siri out of Houston's Game 3 Friday lineup October 29th, 2021
- Joc Pederson heads to Atlanta's bench on Friday night October 29th, 2021
- Braves' Eddie Rosario leading off in Game 2 on Wednesday October 27th, 2021
- Twins' Nick Gordon batting eighth on Sunday October 3rd, 2021
- Max Kepler batting fifth for Twins on Sunday October 3rd, 2021
- Ryan Jeffers catching for Twins on Sunday October 3rd, 2021
- Jorge Polanco batting third for Minnesota on Sunday October 3rd, 2021
- Jorge Polanco sitting on Saturday for Minnesota October 2nd, 2021
- Mitch Garver starting on Saturday for Minnesota October 2nd, 2021