Twins considering Byron Buxton at leadoff
Minnesota Twins outfielder Byron Buxton could hit his way into the leadoff spot this spring, manager Paul Molitor indicated Monday.
In 411 career plate appearances, Buxton has led off for only 59 of them. He's slashing .255/.293/.382 with a concerning 35.6 percent strikeout rate out of the one hole, but the boost in opportunity would bode well for his fantasy appeal. The 23-year-old former top prospect has batted ninth for the majority of his career (374 plate appearances).
Buxton's production improved from his rookie to sophomore season, as he posted a .225/.284/.430 slash with a .304 wOBA and .205 ISO through 331 plate appearances. He mashed 10 taters and stole 10 bases.
- Brewers reportedly agree to deal with Brock Holt on Monday February 17th, 2020
- Houston's Francis Martes suspended 162 games for second drug policy violation February 17th, 2020
- Milwaukee's Avisail Garcia and Ryan Braun to 'share time in right' February 17th, 2020
- Mets' Jed Lowrie (leg) fully practices on Monday February 17th, 2020
- Marlins' Jonathan Villar expected to start in center field February 17th, 2020
- Angels' David Fletcher 'could grab some games in the outfield' February 16th, 2020
- Twins' Byron Buxton (shoulder) swinging off tee, targeting Opening Day return February 15th, 2020
- Twins' Jake Cave starting Saturday in Game 2 October 5th, 2019
- C.J. Cron sitting Saturday for Minnesota October 5th, 2019
- Max Kepler (shoulder) starting for Twins in Game 1 Friday October 4th, 2019
- Marwin Gonzalez (oblique) starting ALDS Game 1 for Minnesota October 4th, 2019
- Nelson Cruz at DH Friday for Twins in Game 1 October 4th, 2019