Ex-Philly Darin Ruf signs with the Samsung Lions of the KBO
Former Philadelphia Phillies first baseman Darin Ruf has signed a contract worth $1.1 million with the Korean Baseball Organization's Samsung Lions, per the Yonhap News Agency.
Ruf was traded from Philadelphia to the Los Angeles Dodgers in the offseason, but the Dodgers have allowed him to sign the overseas contract. The 30-year-old will spend the year playing in Korea.
Ruf didn't have a great year from the dish in 2016, slashing .205/.236/.337 with a .245 wOBA and .133 ISO, as well as a 28.1 percent strikeout rate, across 89 plate appearances.
- Marlins could bat Lewis Brinson out of the leadoff spot March 20th, 2018
- Blue Jays name J.A. Happ the Opening Day starter March 20th, 2018
- Angels' Andrew Heaney (elbow) will miss next start March 19th, 2018
- Yoenis Cespedes (wrist) feels good in return to Mets on Monday March 19th, 2018
- Jacoby Ellsbury (oblique) won't be ready for Yankees on Opening Day March 19th, 2018
- Rangers pluck Tommy Joseph off waivers from Phillies March 19th, 2018
- Dodgers' Justin Turner diagnosed with a broken wrist March 20th, 2018
- Corey Seager (elbow) will play shortstop for Dodgers on Friday March 15th, 2018
- Corey Seager (elbow) confident he'll be ready for Dodgers on Opening Day March 14th, 2018
- Dodgers' Corey Seager (elbow) feels good after minor league action March 12th, 2018
- Dodgers' Kenley Jansen (hamstring) will pitch in Cactus League game on Thursday March 12th, 2018
- Dodgers' Kenley Jansen (hamstring) scratched from scheduled showing on Friday March 9th, 2018