Ex-Philly Darin Ruf signs with the Samsung Lions of the KBO
Former Philadelphia Phillies first baseman Darin Ruf has signed a contract worth $1.1 million with the Korean Baseball Organization's Samsung Lions, per the Yonhap News Agency.
Ruf was traded from Philadelphia to the Los Angeles Dodgers in the offseason, but the Dodgers have allowed him to sign the overseas contract. The 30-year-old will spend the year playing in Korea.
Ruf didn't have a great year from the dish in 2016, slashing .205/.236/.337 with a .245 wOBA and .133 ISO, as well as a 28.1 percent strikeout rate, across 89 plate appearances.
- Cubs extend Pedro Strop's contract February 25th, 2017
- Rangers' Adrian Beltre (calf) to do some jogging on Friday February 24th, 2017
- Marlins' Marcell Ozuna dealing with shoulder tightness February 24th, 2017
- Dodgers inquired about Tigers' Justin Verlander this offseason February 24th, 2017
- Nationals' Max Scherzer (finger) still unable to throw fastballs February 24th, 2017
- Max Scherzer (finger) to throw off mound Saturday for Nationals February 23rd, 2017
- Ex-Philly Darin Ruf signs with the Samsung Lions of the KBO February 17th, 2017
- Jeanmar Gomez 'deserves' to be Phillies' closer February 14th, 2017
- Clay Buchholz heading to Phillies after deal with Boston December 20th, 2016
- Andres Blanco returning to Phillies in 2017 December 14th, 2016
- Charlie Morton signs two-year deal with Astros November 16th, 2016
- Jeremy Hellickson returning to Phillies on one-year deal November 14th, 2016