Ex-Philly Darin Ruf signs with the Samsung Lions of the KBO
Former Philadelphia Phillies first baseman Darin Ruf has signed a contract worth $1.1 million with the Korean Baseball Organization's Samsung Lions, per the Yonhap News Agency.
Ruf was traded from Philadelphia to the Los Angeles Dodgers in the offseason, but the Dodgers have allowed him to sign the overseas contract. The 30-year-old will spend the year playing in Korea.
Ruf didn't have a great year from the dish in 2016, slashing .205/.236/.337 with a .245 wOBA and .133 ISO, as well as a 28.1 percent strikeout rate, across 89 plate appearances.
- Steven Matz (elbow) will miss first turn in Mets' rotation March 29th, 2017
- Pirates' Gregory Polanco (shoulder) scheduled for game action Friday March 29th, 2017
- Rangers' Adrian Beltre (calf) will be re-evaluated over weekend March 29th, 2017
- Cubs' Addison Russell (back) claims to be at full health March 29th, 2017
- Mets' Jeurys Familia will be suspended 15 games March 29th, 2017
- Lonnie Chisenhall (shoulder) starting season on Indians' disabled list March 29th, 2017
- Corey Seager (oblique) on track for Dodgers' opener March 29th, 2017
- Dodgers to have Julio Urias open 2017 in minors March 28th, 2017
- Hyun-Jin Ryu will be part of the Dodgers' rotation March 27th, 2017
- Scott Kazmir won't open season in Dodgers' rotation March 27th, 2017
- Adrian Gonzalez (elbow) back in Dodgers' lineup Friday March 24th, 2017
- Dodgers' Corey Seager (oblique) on track for Opening Day March 21st, 2017