Ex-Philly Darin Ruf signs with the Samsung Lions of the KBO
Former Philadelphia Phillies first baseman Darin Ruf has signed a contract worth $1.1 million with the Korean Baseball Organization's Samsung Lions, per the Yonhap News Agency.
Ruf was traded from Philadelphia to the Los Angeles Dodgers in the offseason, but the Dodgers have allowed him to sign the overseas contract. The 30-year-old will spend the year playing in Korea.
Ruf didn't have a great year from the dish in 2016, slashing .205/.236/.337 with a .245 wOBA and .133 ISO, as well as a 28.1 percent strikeout rate, across 89 plate appearances.
- Houston's Jose Altuve named the 2017 American League MVP November 16th, 2017
- Marlins' Giancarlo Stanton wins NL MVP November 16th, 2017
- Yankees' Aaron Judge unanimous winner of American League Rookie of the Year November 13th, 2017
- George Springer, Astros defeat Dodgers in Game 7 for first World Series title November 2nd, 2017
- Astros' Yulieski Gurriel suspended five games in 2018 for gesture October 28th, 2017
- Yankees' manager Joe Girardi will not return despite ALCS appearance October 26th, 2017
- Cody Bellinger of the Dodgers named National League Rookie of the Year November 13th, 2017
- Corey Seager (back) officially on Dodgers' World Series roster October 24th, 2017
- Report: Corey Seager (back) will be on Dodgers' World Series roster October 23rd, 2017
- Yasmani Grandal is not in the Dodgers' Game 5 lineup October 19th, 2017
- Curtis Granderson is on the Dodgers' bench for Game 5 against the Cubs October 19th, 2017
- Andre Ethier is not in the Dodgers' Game 5 lineup October 19th, 2017