Ex-Philly Darin Ruf signs with the Samsung Lions of the KBO
Former Philadelphia Phillies first baseman Darin Ruf has signed a contract worth $1.1 million with the Korean Baseball Organization's Samsung Lions, per the Yonhap News Agency.
Ruf was traded from Philadelphia to the Los Angeles Dodgers in the offseason, but the Dodgers have allowed him to sign the overseas contract. The 30-year-old will spend the year playing in Korea.
Ruf didn't have a great year from the dish in 2016, slashing .205/.236/.337 with a .245 wOBA and .133 ISO, as well as a 28.1 percent strikeout rate, across 89 plate appearances.
- Pirates' Andrew McCutchen swats walk-off shot versus Arizona May 29th, 2017
- Twins' Byron Buxton leaves early with finger injury May 29th, 2017
- Pirates' Gregory Polanco day-to-day with ankle sprain May 29th, 2017
- Angels' Mike Trout lands on disabled list for first time with torn ligament in thumb May 29th, 2017
- Nationals' Bryce Harper ejected after charging mound May 29th, 2017
- Mike Trout (thumb) inactive Monday for Angels, MRI pending May 29th, 2017
- Cody Bellinger cranks 11th homer in Dodgers' win May 29th, 2017
- Alex Wood (shoulder) only expected to miss one turn in Dodgers' rotation May 29th, 2017
- Dodgers placing Alex Wood (shoulder) on the disabled list May 29th, 2017
- Dodgers overcome a poor start from Clayton Kershaw to defeat the Cubs May 29th, 2017
- Brandon McCarthy exits Dodgers' Saturday game with knee tendinitis May 28th, 2017
- Logan Forsythe taking a seat for Dodgers on Thursday night May 25th, 2017