Ex-Philly Darin Ruf signs with the Samsung Lions of the KBO
Former Philadelphia Phillies first baseman Darin Ruf has signed a contract worth $1.1 million with the Korean Baseball Organization's Samsung Lions, per the Yonhap News Agency.
Ruf was traded from Philadelphia to the Los Angeles Dodgers in the offseason, but the Dodgers have allowed him to sign the overseas contract. The 30-year-old will spend the year playing in Korea.
Ruf didn't have a great year from the dish in 2016, slashing .205/.236/.337 with a .245 wOBA and .133 ISO, as well as a 28.1 percent strikeout rate, across 89 plate appearances.
- Red Sox offer J.D. Martinez five-year, $100 million deal January 17th, 2018
- Christian Yelich's relationship with Marlins 'irrevocably broken' January 16th, 2018
- Giants' Hunter Pence will move to left field in 2018 January 16th, 2018
- Andrew McCutchen to play right field following trade to Giants January 16th, 2018
- Josh Harrison prefers trade if Pirates aren't looking to compete January 16th, 2018
- Report: Giants acquire Andrew McCutchen from Pirates January 15th, 2018
- Giants expect decision from Giancarlo Stanton by week's end December 7th, 2017
- Cody Bellinger of the Dodgers named National League Rookie of the Year November 13th, 2017
- Corey Seager (back) officially on Dodgers' World Series roster October 24th, 2017
- Report: Corey Seager (back) will be on Dodgers' World Series roster October 23rd, 2017
- Yasmani Grandal is not in the Dodgers' Game 5 lineup October 19th, 2017
- Curtis Granderson is on the Dodgers' bench for Game 5 against the Cubs October 19th, 2017