Ex-Philly Darin Ruf signs with the Samsung Lions of the KBO
Former Philadelphia Phillies first baseman Darin Ruf has signed a contract worth $1.1 million with the Korean Baseball Organization's Samsung Lions, per the Yonhap News Agency.
Ruf was traded from Philadelphia to the Los Angeles Dodgers in the offseason, but the Dodgers have allowed him to sign the overseas contract. The 30-year-old will spend the year playing in Korea.
Ruf didn't have a great year from the dish in 2016, slashing .205/.236/.337 with a .245 wOBA and .133 ISO, as well as a 28.1 percent strikeout rate, across 89 plate appearances.
- Chris Davis (illness) back in Orioles' lineup on Wednesday July 26th, 2017
- Wilson Ramos catching as Rays take on Baltimore July 26th, 2017
- Trevor Plouffe sitting on Wednesday for Tampa Bay July 26th, 2017
- Jesus Sucre not in Rays' lineup versus Orioles July 26th, 2017
- Adeiny Hechavarria hitting ninth for Rays on Wednesday July 26th, 2017
- Rays place Jake Odorizzi on 10-day DL July 26th, 2017
- Logan Forsythe not in the Dodgers' lineup on Tuesday July 25th, 2017
- Chase Utley in the Dodgers' lineup for Tuesday's home game July 25th, 2017
- Joc Pederson batting sixth for the Dodgers July 25th, 2017
- Dodgers' Yasmani Grandal batting fifth against the Twins July 25th, 2017
- Dodgers' Clayton Kershaw (back) officially placed on the disabled list July 24th, 2017
- Yasmani Grandal starting at catcher for the Dodgers July 24th, 2017