Cardinals' Alex Reyes undergoes Tommy John surgery on Thursday
St. Louis Cardinals starting pitcher Alex Reyes underwent Tommy John surgery on his right elbow on Thursday.
Reyes will miss the entire 2017 season, and likely won't be able to return in time for the beginning of the 2018 season either. The pitchers vying for his place in the rotation this season include Michael Wacha, Luke Weaver and Trevor Rosenthal.
Reyes excelled during his first stint in the majors, as he posted a 1.57 ERA, 1.22 WHIP and 27.5 strikeout percentage across 46 innings (five starts) in 2016.
- Pirates' Andrew McCutchen swats walk-off shot versus Arizona May 29th, 2017
- Twins' Byron Buxton leaves early with finger injury May 29th, 2017
- Pirates' Gregory Polanco day-to-day with ankle sprain May 29th, 2017
- Angels' Mike Trout lands on disabled list for first time with torn ligament in thumb May 29th, 2017
- Nationals' Bryce Harper ejected after charging mound May 29th, 2017
- Mike Trout (thumb) inactive Monday for Angels, MRI pending May 29th, 2017
- Cardinals send Randal Grichuk down to High-A May 29th, 2017
- Stephen Piscotty (personal) sitting again for St. Louis on Monday May 29th, 2017
- Cardinals activate Jose Martinez from 10-day disabled list May 29th, 2017
- Yadier Molina gets day of rest for Cardinals Sunday May 28th, 2017
- Cardinals put Kolten Wong on disabled list May 28th, 2017
- Cardinals' Kolten Wong scratched with elbow stiffness May 28th, 2017