Hyun-jin Ryu still warming up to speed in Dodgers camp
Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said Hyun-Jin Ryu (elbow, shoulder) was sitting 84-86 miles per hour with his fastball in his latest bullpen session.
Ryu has never been the hardest thrower, but that's still well off his usual mark. Roberts believes it's possible that Ryu is actually healthy and might be over-protecting his surgically-repaired left arm. He turns 30 next month and pitched just 4 2/3 major leagues innings in 2016, his first time on the mound since the 2014 campaign.
Ryu currently owns a 3.28 ERA, 1.21 WHIP and 20.6 strikeout percentage across 348 2/3 major league innings for his career (57 starts).
- Diamondbacks sign Jarrod Dyson to two-year deal February 20th, 2018
- Boston unlikely to trade Jackie Bradley following J.D. Martinez signing February 20th, 2018
- Padres make Eric Hosmer deal official February 20th, 2018
- Red Sox ink J.D. Martinez to five-year, $110 million deal February 20th, 2018
- Kevin Kiermaier 'very upset' over Rays' recent moves February 19th, 2018
- Nationals' Bryce Harper not talking beyond 2018 season February 19th, 2018
- Report: Yasmani Grandal could be Dodgers' primary catcher in 2018 February 18th, 2018
- Chase Utley re-signs with the Dodgers on a 2-year deal February 13th, 2018
- Cubs sign Yu Darvish to six-year, $126 million contract February 10th, 2018
- Dodgers' free agent Yu Darvish expected to sign with a team this week January 28th, 2018
- Giants expect decision from Giancarlo Stanton by week's end December 7th, 2017
- Cody Bellinger of the Dodgers named National League Rookie of the Year November 13th, 2017