Hyun-jin Ryu still warming up to speed in Dodgers camp
Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said Hyun-Jin Ryu (elbow, shoulder) was sitting 84-86 miles per hour with his fastball in his latest bullpen session.
Ryu has never been the hardest thrower, but that's still well off his usual mark. Roberts believes it's possible that Ryu is actually healthy and might be over-protecting his surgically-repaired left arm. He turns 30 next month and pitched just 4 2/3 major leagues innings in 2016, his first time on the mound since the 2014 campaign.
Ryu currently owns a 3.28 ERA, 1.21 WHIP and 20.6 strikeout percentage across 348 2/3 major league innings for his career (57 starts).
- Kevin Plawecki behind the bag for Mets on Sunday night August 19th, 2018
- Devin Mesoraco moves to Mets' bench versus Phillies August 19th, 2018
- Maikel Franco not in lineup for Phillies on Sunday August 19th, 2018
- Asdrubal Cabrera batting fifth for Phillies on Sunday August 19th, 2018
- Mike Zunino heads to Mariners' bench on Sunday August 19th, 2018
- J.R. Murphy back on Diamondbacks' bench versus Padres August 19th, 2018
- Joc Pederson out of Dodgers' lineup on Sunday August 19th, 2018
- Max Muncy heads to Dodgers' bench on Sunday August 19th, 2018
- Chris Taylor batting seventh for Dodgers on Sunday August 19th, 2018
- Kike Hernandez batting sixth for Dodgers on Sunday August 19th, 2018
- Kenley Jansen (heart) feels "great", hoping to return next week August 17th, 2018
- Joc Pederson in Dodgers' lineup on Friday August 17th, 2018