Hyun-jin Ryu still warming up to speed in Dodgers camp
Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said Hyun-Jin Ryu (elbow, shoulder) was sitting 84-86 miles per hour with his fastball in his latest bullpen session.
Ryu has never been the hardest thrower, but that's still well off his usual mark. Roberts believes it's possible that Ryu is actually healthy and might be over-protecting his surgically-repaired left arm. He turns 30 next month and pitched just 4 2/3 major leagues innings in 2016, his first time on the mound since the 2014 campaign.
Ryu currently owns a 3.28 ERA, 1.21 WHIP and 20.6 strikeout percentage across 348 2/3 major league innings for his career (57 starts).
- Mariners send James Paxton to Yankees for 3 minor leaguers November 19th, 2018
- Boston's Rafael Devers starting at third base on Sunday October 28th, 2018
- Boston's Eduardo Nunez will not start in Game 5 on Sunday October 28th, 2018
- Eduardo Nunez starting for Boston in Game 4 October 27th, 2018
- Steve Pearce in Boston's Game 4 lineup October 27th, 2018
- Andrew Benintendi starting in Game 4 for Boston October 27th, 2018
- Kike Hernandez starting in center field for Dodgers on Sunday October 28th, 2018
- Dodgers' Cody Bellinger not starting in Game 5 on Sunday October 28th, 2018
- Austin Barnes starting for Dodgers in Game 4 October 27th, 2018
- David Freese starting for Los Angeles in Game 4 October 27th, 2018
- Joc Pederson not in Dodgers' lineup in Game 4 October 27th, 2018
- Yasmani Grandal not in lineup for Dodgers in Game 4 October 27th, 2018