Hyun-jin Ryu still warming up to speed in Dodgers camp
Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said Hyun-Jin Ryu (elbow, shoulder) was sitting 84-86 miles per hour with his fastball in his latest bullpen session.
Ryu has never been the hardest thrower, but that's still well off his usual mark. Roberts believes it's possible that Ryu is actually healthy and might be over-protecting his surgically-repaired left arm. He turns 30 next month and pitched just 4 2/3 major leagues innings in 2016, his first time on the mound since the 2014 campaign.
Ryu currently owns a 3.28 ERA, 1.21 WHIP and 20.6 strikeout percentage across 348 2/3 major league innings for his career (57 starts).
- Marlins will receive Starlin Castro, prospects in Giancarlo Stanton deal December 9th, 2017
- Deal reportedly in place to send Marlins' Giancarlo Stanton to Yankees December 9th, 2017
- Shohei Ohtani signs with the Los Angeles Angels December 8th, 2017
- Mariners acquire Dee Gordon from Marlins for prospects December 7th, 2017
- White Sox sign Welington Castillo to two-year deal December 1st, 2017
- Yankees' outfielder Aaron Judge undergoes shoulder surgery November 21st, 2017
- Giants expect decision from Giancarlo Stanton by week's end December 7th, 2017
- Cody Bellinger of the Dodgers named National League Rookie of the Year November 13th, 2017
- Corey Seager (back) officially on Dodgers' World Series roster October 24th, 2017
- Report: Corey Seager (back) will be on Dodgers' World Series roster October 23rd, 2017
- Yasmani Grandal is not in the Dodgers' Game 5 lineup October 19th, 2017
- Curtis Granderson is on the Dodgers' bench for Game 5 against the Cubs October 19th, 2017