Hyun-jin Ryu still warming up to speed in Dodgers camp
Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said Hyun-Jin Ryu (elbow, shoulder) was sitting 84-86 miles per hour with his fastball in his latest bullpen session.
Ryu has never been the hardest thrower, but that's still well off his usual mark. Roberts believes it's possible that Ryu is actually healthy and might be over-protecting his surgically-repaired left arm. He turns 30 next month and pitched just 4 2/3 major leagues innings in 2016, his first time on the mound since the 2014 campaign.
Ryu currently owns a 3.28 ERA, 1.21 WHIP and 20.6 strikeout percentage across 348 2/3 major league innings for his career (57 starts).
- Alex Avila out of Arizona's lineup versus Milwaukee May 23rd, 2018
- J.R. Murphy starting for Arizona on Wednesday afternoon May 23rd, 2018
- James McCann out of Detroit's lineup versus Twins May 23rd, 2018
- Daniel Descalso sitting for Diamondbacks on Wednesday afternoon May 23rd, 2018
- Tigers' Grayson Greiner starting on Wednesday afternoon May 23rd, 2018
- Nick Ahmed starting for Diamondbacks on Wednesday May 23rd, 2018
- Yasiel Puig is back in the Dodgers' lineup on Tuesday May 22nd, 2018
- Chase Utley sitting out Tuesday's game between the Dodgers and Rockies May 22nd, 2018
- Joc Pederson is not in the lineup on Tuesday for Los Angeles May 22nd, 2018
- Dodgers' Logan Forsythe starting at second base Tuesday night May 22nd, 2018
- Dodgers' Clayton Kershaw will throw simulated game on Saturday May 21st, 2018
- Enrique Hernandez is not in the lineup on Monday for Los Angeles May 21st, 2018