Dodgers get Logan Forsythe from Rays for Jose De Leon
The Los Angeles Dodgers acquired second baseman Logan Forsythe from the Tampa Bay Rays in exchange for pitching prospect Jose De Leon.
Forsythe solves the Dodgers' problem at second base, where they have been trying to pry Brian Dozier away from the Minnesota Twins all offseason. Forsythe will become the leadoff hitter and help their woes against left-handed pitching last season, where he hit .270 with a .461 slugging percentage. The 24-year-old De Leon is one of the Dodgers top pitching prospects, going 7-1 with a 2.65 ERA in 16 Triple-A starts last season.
Forsythe batted .264 with 20 home runs last season and is under team control for $15.5 million through 2018.
- Kurt Suzuki catching for Angels on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Angels' Juan Lagares batting ninth on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Angels' Phil Gosselin batting fourth on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Dodgers' Gavin Lux scratched on Friday, Matt Beaty to start against Reds September 17th, 2021
- Yan Gomes handling catching duties for Athletics on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Oakland's Matt Chapman hitting sixth on Friday night September 17th, 2021
- Miami's Jazz Chisholm hitting second on Friday evening September 17th, 2021
- Eddy Alvarez operating third base for Marlins on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Joe Panik out of Miami's Friday lineup against Pirates September 17th, 2021
- Alex Jackson sitting for Marlins versus Nationals September 15th, 2021
- Marlins' Eddy Alvarez absent from lineup Wednesday afternoon September 15th, 2021
- Jazz Chisholm joining bench for Marlins' Wednesday matinee September 15th, 2021