Mariners traded Luiz Gohara to Braves for Mallex Smith
The Atlanta Braves acquired prospect pitchers Luiz Gohara and Thomas Burrows from the Seattle Mariners for outfielder Mallex Smith and pitcher Shae Simmons.
Seattle swapped Smith to the Tampa Bay Rays immediately after, so we're playing a bit of catch-up here. Gohara is the big piece in the deal for Atlanta. The hard-throwing lefty was recently ranked as the Mariners' third-best prospect by Baseball America.
The 20-year-old Gohara dazzled in 13 starts between Low-A Everett and Class A Clinton last season, with a 1.81 ERA, 29.03 percent strikeout rate and 8.24 percent walk rate in 69 2/3 innings.
- Rangers' Adrian Beltre (calf) to do some jogging on Friday February 24th, 2017
- Marlins' Marcell Ozuna dealing with shoulder tightness February 24th, 2017
- Dodgers inquired about Tigers' Justin Verlander this offseason February 24th, 2017
- Nationals' Max Scherzer (finger) still unable to throw fastballs February 24th, 2017
- Max Scherzer (finger) to throw off mound Saturday for Nationals February 23rd, 2017
- Cubs confirm Kyle Schwarber is frontrunner for leadoff spot February 23rd, 2017
- Braves' Sean Rodriguez undergoes shoulder surgery, expected to miss season February 15th, 2017
- Braves trade for Reds' second basemen Brandon Phillips February 12th, 2017
- Mariners traded Luiz Gohara to Braves for Mallex Smith January 11th, 2017
- Cardinals trade Jaime Garcia to Braves December 1st, 2016
- Braves zeroing in on White Sox's Chris Sale November 18th, 2016
- Atlanta also keen on Athletics' Sonny Gray, Rays' Chris Archer November 15th, 2016