Mariners traded Luiz Gohara to Braves for Mallex Smith
The Atlanta Braves acquired prospect pitchers Luiz Gohara and Thomas Burrows from the Seattle Mariners for outfielder Mallex Smith and pitcher Shae Simmons.
Seattle swapped Smith to the Tampa Bay Rays immediately after, so we're playing a bit of catch-up here. Gohara is the big piece in the deal for Atlanta. The hard-throwing lefty was recently ranked as the Mariners' third-best prospect by Baseball America.
The 20-year-old Gohara dazzled in 13 starts between Low-A Everett and Class A Clinton last season, with a 1.81 ERA, 29.03 percent strikeout rate and 8.24 percent walk rate in 69 2/3 innings.
- Orioles agree to terms with Colby Rasmus February 21st, 2018
- Astros prospect Forrest Whitley suspended for violating drug program February 21st, 2018
- Yuli Gurriel will move around infield this season for Astros February 21st, 2018
- Marlins sign Cameron Maybin to one-year deal February 21st, 2018
- Joey Gallo to serve as Rangers' everyday first baseman in 2018 February 20th, 2018
- Indians' Danny Salazar (shoulder) has progressed to throwing from 75 feet February 20th, 2018
- Rays sign Carlos Gomez to one-year deal February 21st, 2018
- Steven Souza sent to Diamondbacks in three-team deal February 21st, 2018
- Yankees land Brandon Drury from Diamondbacks in three-team trade February 21st, 2018
- Kevin Kiermaier 'very upset' over Rays' recent moves February 19th, 2018
- Rays designate Corey Dickerson for assignment February 18th, 2018
- Angels send C.J. Cron to Rays for player to be named later February 18th, 2018