Mariners traded Luiz Gohara to Braves for Mallex Smith
The Atlanta Braves acquired prospect pitchers Luiz Gohara and Thomas Burrows from the Seattle Mariners for outfielder Mallex Smith and pitcher Shae Simmons.
Seattle swapped Smith to the Tampa Bay Rays immediately after, so we're playing a bit of catch-up here. Gohara is the big piece in the deal for Atlanta. The hard-throwing lefty was recently ranked as the Mariners' third-best prospect by Baseball America.
The 20-year-old Gohara dazzled in 13 starts between Low-A Everett and Class A Clinton last season, with a 1.81 ERA, 29.03 percent strikeout rate and 8.24 percent walk rate in 69 2/3 innings.
- Angels pull Ricky Nolasco after getting hit in leg June 27th, 2017
- Elvis Andrus hits two home runs, Texas unable to capitalize June 27th, 2017
- Cole Hamels gives up seven scores in return for Rangers June 27th, 2017
- Yankees to call up Tyler Wade June 27th, 2017
- Starlin Castro leaves Yankees' game early with strained hamstring June 27th, 2017
- Eduardo Nunez (hamstring) may be activated Friday for Giants June 27th, 2017
- Rays trade for Adeiny Hechavarria from Marlins June 26th, 2017
- Rays' Wilson Ramos gets day off on Sunday June 25th, 2017
- Jesus Sucre catching for Tampa Bay on Sunday June 25th, 2017
- Rays sit Tim Beckham for Sunday June 25th, 2017
- Taylor Featherston batting eighth for Rays on Sunday June 25th, 2017
- Shane Peterson not in Tampa Bay's Sunday lineup June 25th, 2017