Mariners traded Luiz Gohara to Braves for Mallex Smith
The Atlanta Braves acquired prospect pitchers Luiz Gohara and Thomas Burrows from the Seattle Mariners for outfielder Mallex Smith and pitcher Shae Simmons.
Seattle swapped Smith to the Tampa Bay Rays immediately after, so we're playing a bit of catch-up here. Gohara is the big piece in the deal for Atlanta. The hard-throwing lefty was recently ranked as the Mariners' third-best prospect by Baseball America.
The 20-year-old Gohara dazzled in 13 starts between Low-A Everett and Class A Clinton last season, with a 1.81 ERA, 29.03 percent strikeout rate and 8.24 percent walk rate in 69 2/3 innings.
- Daniel Descalso slugs walk-off homer in 13th for D-Backs April 30th, 2017
- Wil Myers' three-run blast leads the Padres past the Giants April 30th, 2017
- Giants' Ty Blach blanks the Padres over seven strong innings April 30th, 2017
- Bud Norris records another save for the Angels April 30th, 2017
- Miguel Sano homers, drives in five in Twins' win over Royals April 30th, 2017
- Adam Duvall spurs Reds' comeback win at St. Louis April 30th, 2017
- Rays scratch Erasmo Ramirez (rain) from start on Tuesday April 25th, 2017
- Steven Souza (elbow) in the lineup for the Rays on Tuesday April 25th, 2017
- Jake Odorizzi (hamstring) set to rejoin Rays' rotation on May 1 April 24th, 2017
- Blake Snell picks up the loss as Tampa Bay loses on Monday April 17th, 2017
- Rickie Weeks exits Rays' outing with neck, shoulder soreness April 12th, 2017
- Steven Souza hitting leadoff for Rays on Tuesday April 4th, 2017