Cubs considering batting Kyle Schwarber leadoff in 2017
Chicago Cubs are considering batting catcher/outfielder Kyle Schwarber (knee) leadoff, manager Joe Maddon said.
This is, of course, all very early and tentative. The slugger will be ready to rock and roll come spring training after suffering a torn ACL last April, and this would make him even more valuable from a fantasy standpoint.
Schwarber has just eight career plate appearances from the leadoff spot. Most of his chances have come from the two-hole, 228 of them which have resulted in a .239/.368/.505 slash line, as well as 15 of his 16 career home runs. He may see a dip in RBI production if he moves to the first spot in the lineup, but that's why Maddon is considering batting his pitcher eighth.
- Rangers' Adrian Beltre (calf) to do some jogging on Friday February 24th, 2017
- Marlins' Marcell Ozuna dealing with shoulder tightness February 24th, 2017
- Dodgers inquired about Tigers' Justin Verlander this offseason February 24th, 2017
- Nationals' Max Scherzer (finger) still unable to throw fastballs February 24th, 2017
- Max Scherzer (finger) to throw off mound Saturday for Nationals February 23rd, 2017
- Rusney Castillo underwhelming Red Sox, not guaranteed to make 40-man February 23rd, 2017
- Cubs confirm Kyle Schwarber is frontrunner for leadoff spot February 23rd, 2017
- Cubs prospect Eloy Jimenez hopes to make Opening Day roster February 22nd, 2017
- Travis Wood comes to terms with Royals February 14th, 2017
- Cubs considering batting Kyle Schwarber leadoff in 2017 January 11th, 2017
- Cubs add 41-year-old Koji Uehara to bullpen December 14th, 2016
- Jorge Soler heading to Kansas City in swap with Cubs December 7th, 2016