Cubs considering batting Kyle Schwarber leadoff in 2017
Chicago Cubs are considering batting catcher/outfielder Kyle Schwarber (knee) leadoff, manager Joe Maddon said.
This is, of course, all very early and tentative. The slugger will be ready to rock and roll come spring training after suffering a torn ACL last April, and this would make him even more valuable from a fantasy standpoint.
Schwarber has just eight career plate appearances from the leadoff spot. Most of his chances have come from the two-hole, 228 of them which have resulted in a .239/.368/.505 slash line, as well as 15 of his 16 career home runs. He may see a dip in RBI production if he moves to the first spot in the lineup, but that's why Maddon is considering batting his pitcher eighth.
- Trevor Rosenthal (lat) opening season on Cardinals' disabled list March 30th, 2017
- Padres will use Trevor Cahill for third game March 30th, 2017
- Jon Gray taking mound for Rockies on Opening Day March 30th, 2017
- Nationals give closing job to Blake Treinen March 30th, 2017
- Twins send Byung-Ho Park to the minors March 30th, 2017
- Jeanmar Gomez to open year as Phillies' closer March 30th, 2017
- Kyle Schwarber clubs a pair of long balls in Cubs' victory March 30th, 2017
- Cubs' Addison Russell (back) claims to be at full health March 29th, 2017
- Cubs not considering disabled list for Addison Russell (back) March 28th, 2017
- Jon Lester named Cubs' Opening Day starter March 3rd, 2017
- Cubs extend Pedro Strop's contract February 25th, 2017
- Cubs confirm Kyle Schwarber is frontrunner for leadoff spot February 23rd, 2017