Cubs considering batting Kyle Schwarber leadoff in 2017
Chicago Cubs are considering batting catcher/outfielder Kyle Schwarber (knee) leadoff, manager Joe Maddon said.
This is, of course, all very early and tentative. The slugger will be ready to rock and roll come spring training after suffering a torn ACL last April, and this would make him even more valuable from a fantasy standpoint.
Schwarber has just eight career plate appearances from the leadoff spot. Most of his chances have come from the two-hole, 228 of them which have resulted in a .239/.368/.505 slash line, as well as 15 of his 16 career home runs. He may see a dip in RBI production if he moves to the first spot in the lineup, but that's why Maddon is considering batting his pitcher eighth.
- Mariners traded Luiz Gohara to Braves for Mallex Smith January 11th, 2017
- Rays swap Drew Smyly to Mariners for prospect haul including Mallex Smith January 11th, 2017
- Royals swap Jarrod Dyson for Seattle's Nate Karns January 6th, 2017
- Indians finalize contract with Edwin Encarnacion January 6th, 2017
- Mariners trade Seth Smith to Orioles in exchange for Yovani Gallardo January 6th, 2017
- Cardinals are very much in on Twins' Brian Dozier December 26th, 2016
- Cubs considering batting Kyle Schwarber leadoff in 2017 January 11th, 2017
- Cubs add 41-year-old Koji Uehara to bullpen December 14th, 2016
- Jorge Soler heading to Kansas City in swap with Cubs December 7th, 2016
- Cubs get Wade Davis in trade with Royals December 7th, 2016
- Cubs sign Jon Jay to one-year deal November 30th, 2016
- Cubs' Ben Zobrist drives in game-winning run, named World Series MVP November 3rd, 2016