Cubs considering batting Kyle Schwarber leadoff in 2017
Chicago Cubs are considering batting catcher/outfielder Kyle Schwarber (knee) leadoff, manager Joe Maddon said.
This is, of course, all very early and tentative. The slugger will be ready to rock and roll come spring training after suffering a torn ACL last April, and this would make him even more valuable from a fantasy standpoint.
Schwarber has just eight career plate appearances from the leadoff spot. Most of his chances have come from the two-hole, 228 of them which have resulted in a .239/.368/.505 slash line, as well as 15 of his 16 career home runs. He may see a dip in RBI production if he moves to the first spot in the lineup, but that's why Maddon is considering batting his pitcher eighth.
- Houston's Jose Altuve named the 2017 American League MVP November 16th, 2017
- Marlins' Giancarlo Stanton wins NL MVP November 16th, 2017
- Cody Bellinger of the Dodgers named National League Rookie of the Year November 13th, 2017
- Yankees' Aaron Judge unanimous winner of American League Rookie of the Year November 13th, 2017
- George Springer, Astros defeat Dodgers in Game 7 for first World Series title November 2nd, 2017
- Astros' Yulieski Gurriel suspended five games in 2018 for gesture October 28th, 2017
- Cubs' Ben Zobrist is batting eighth in Game 5 October 19th, 2017
- Jon Jay is not in the Cubs' Game 5 starting lineup October 19th, 2017
- Cubs' Javier Baez is starting at second base in Game 4 October 18th, 2017
- Jason Heyward is out of the Cubs' lineup for Game 4 October 18th, 2017
- Ben Zobrist is out of the Cubs' lineup for Game 4 October 18th, 2017
- Cubs' Albert Almora is leading off in Game 4 October 18th, 2017