Cubs considering batting Kyle Schwarber leadoff in 2017
Chicago Cubs are considering batting catcher/outfielder Kyle Schwarber (knee) leadoff, manager Joe Maddon said.
This is, of course, all very early and tentative. The slugger will be ready to rock and roll come spring training after suffering a torn ACL last April, and this would make him even more valuable from a fantasy standpoint.
Schwarber has just eight career plate appearances from the leadoff spot. Most of his chances have come from the two-hole, 228 of them which have resulted in a .239/.368/.505 slash line, as well as 15 of his 16 career home runs. He may see a dip in RBI production if he moves to the first spot in the lineup, but that's why Maddon is considering batting his pitcher eighth.
- Jordan Zimmermann named Tigers' Opening Day starter March 17th, 2018
- Bannister: Rangers' Joey Gallo batting second 'a real possibility' March 17th, 2018
- White Sox tag veteran James Shields as Opening Day starter March 17th, 2018
- Mets' Yoenis Cespedes (wrist) will return to action on Monday March 17th, 2018
- Mariners' Erasmo Ramirez (shoudler) not expected to be ready for start of regular season March 17th, 2018
- Oakland's Jharel Cotton (elbow) to undergo Tommy John surgery March 17th, 2018
- Javier Baez (hamstring) returning to the field Sunday for Cubs March 17th, 2018
- Javier Baez (hamstring) set to return for Cubs on Saturday March 15th, 2018
- Javier Baez (hamstring) expected to return for Cubs this week March 14th, 2018
- Cubs' Javier Baez still dealing with soreness in hamstring on Friday March 9th, 2018
- Cubs' Javier Baez (hamstring) says cramp caused early exit on Thursday March 8th, 2018
- Cubs' Javier Baez leaves game with possible hamstring injury on Thursday March 8th, 2018