Mariners trade Seth Smith to Orioles in exchange for Yovani Gallardo
The Seattle Mariners acquired starting pitcher Yovani Gallardo and cash from the Baltimore Orioles in exchange for outfielder Seth Smith.
The move is a little puzzling with Gallardo coming off the worst year of his career. However, if Gallardo can return to form, he will benefit from pitching in Seattle. Smith should slide into a starting corner outfield spot for the Orioles.
Gallardo posted a 5.42 ERA and 1.58 WHIP across 118 innings in 2016. His 5.22 xFIP and 5.34 SIERA were both career-worst marks for the 30 year old.
- Red Sox offer J.D. Martinez five-year, $100 million deal January 17th, 2018
- Christian Yelich's relationship with Marlins 'irrevocably broken' January 16th, 2018
- Giants' Hunter Pence will move to left field in 2018 January 16th, 2018
- Andrew McCutchen to play right field following trade to Giants January 16th, 2018
- Josh Harrison prefers trade if Pirates aren't looking to compete January 16th, 2018
- Report: Giants acquire Andrew McCutchen from Pirates January 15th, 2018
- Orioles say Manny Machado is 'staying put for now' December 21st, 2017
- Orioles' Zach Britton ruptures Achilles Tuesday, expected to miss at least six months December 20th, 2017
- Anthony Santander out of Sunday's lineup for Orioles October 1st, 2017
- Joey Rickard starting in right field on Sunday for Orioles October 1st, 2017
- Chance Sisco out of Orioles lineup on Sunday October 1st, 2017
- Caleb Joseph starting for Orioles on Sunday October 1st, 2017