Mariners trade Seth Smith to Orioles in exchange for Yovani Gallardo
The Seattle Mariners acquired starting pitcher Yovani Gallardo and cash from the Baltimore Orioles in exchange for outfielder Seth Smith.
The move is a little puzzling with Gallardo coming off the worst year of his career. However, if Gallardo can return to form, he will benefit from pitching in Seattle. Smith should slide into a starting corner outfield spot for the Orioles.
Gallardo posted a 5.42 ERA and 1.58 WHIP across 118 innings in 2016. His 5.22 xFIP and 5.34 SIERA were both career-worst marks for the 30 year old.
- Cubs considering batting Kyle Schwarber leadoff in 2017 January 11th, 2017
- Indians finalize contract with Edwin Encarnacion January 6th, 2017
- Cardinals are very much in on Twins' Brian Dozier December 26th, 2016
- Clay Buchholz heading to Phillies after deal with Boston December 20th, 2016
- Mike Dunn inks three-year agreement with Rockies December 15th, 2016
- Orioles agree to deal with Welington Castillo December 14th, 2016
- Mariners traded Luiz Gohara to Braves for Mallex Smith January 11th, 2017
- Rays swap Drew Smyly to Mariners for prospect haul including Mallex Smith January 11th, 2017
- Royals swap Jarrod Dyson for Seattle's Nate Karns January 6th, 2017
- Mariners trade Seth Smith to Orioles in exchange for Yovani Gallardo January 6th, 2017
- Mariners still flirting with idea of Reds' Zack Cozart November 16th, 2016
- Mariners' Taijuan Walker undergoes surgery on ankle October 17th, 2016