Mariners trade Seth Smith to Orioles in exchange for Yovani Gallardo
The Seattle Mariners acquired starting pitcher Yovani Gallardo and cash from the Baltimore Orioles in exchange for outfielder Seth Smith.
The move is a little puzzling with Gallardo coming off the worst year of his career. However, if Gallardo can return to form, he will benefit from pitching in Seattle. Smith should slide into a starting corner outfield spot for the Orioles.
Gallardo posted a 5.42 ERA and 1.58 WHIP across 118 innings in 2016. His 5.22 xFIP and 5.34 SIERA were both career-worst marks for the 30 year old.
- Rangers' Adrian Beltre (calf) to do some jogging on Friday February 24th, 2017
- Marlins' Marcell Ozuna dealing with shoulder tightness February 24th, 2017
- Dodgers inquired about Tigers' Justin Verlander this offseason February 24th, 2017
- Nationals' Max Scherzer (finger) still unable to throw fastballs February 24th, 2017
- Max Scherzer (finger) to throw off mound Saturday for Nationals February 23rd, 2017
- Cubs confirm Kyle Schwarber is frontrunner for leadoff spot February 23rd, 2017
- Jarrod Dyson to bat leadoff for the Mariners January 29th, 2017
- Mariners traded Luiz Gohara to Braves for Mallex Smith January 11th, 2017
- Rays swap Drew Smyly to Mariners for prospect haul including Mallex Smith January 11th, 2017
- Royals swap Jarrod Dyson for Seattle's Nate Karns January 6th, 2017
- Mariners trade Seth Smith to Orioles in exchange for Yovani Gallardo January 6th, 2017
- Mariners still flirting with idea of Reds' Zack Cozart November 16th, 2016