Mariners trade Seth Smith to Orioles in exchange for Yovani Gallardo
The Seattle Mariners acquired starting pitcher Yovani Gallardo and cash from the Baltimore Orioles in exchange for outfielder Seth Smith.
The move is a little puzzling with Gallardo coming off the worst year of his career. However, if Gallardo can return to form, he will benefit from pitching in Seattle. Smith should slide into a starting corner outfield spot for the Orioles.
Gallardo posted a 5.42 ERA and 1.58 WHIP across 118 innings in 2016. His 5.22 xFIP and 5.34 SIERA were both career-worst marks for the 30 year old.
- Trevor Rosenthal (lat) opening season on Cardinals' disabled list March 30th, 2017
- Padres will use Trevor Cahill for third game March 30th, 2017
- Jon Gray taking mound for Rockies on Opening Day March 30th, 2017
- Nationals give closing job to Blake Treinen March 30th, 2017
- Twins send Byung-Ho Park to the minors March 30th, 2017
- Jeanmar Gomez to open year as Phillies' closer March 30th, 2017
- Orioles give Opening Day duties to Kevin Gausman March 27th, 2017
- Orioles' Chris Tillman (shoulder) will receive cortisone injection March 15th, 2017
- Orioles close to minor league deal with Pedro Alvarez March 12th, 2017
- Orioles' Zach Britton says oblique is getting better February 23rd, 2017
- Orioles' Zach Britton dealing with potential oblique injury February 21st, 2017
- Orioles agree to deal with Dodgers, acquire southpaw Vidal Nuno February 20th, 2017