Mariners trade Seth Smith to Orioles in exchange for Yovani Gallardo
The Seattle Mariners acquired starting pitcher Yovani Gallardo and cash from the Baltimore Orioles in exchange for outfielder Seth Smith.
The move is a little puzzling with Gallardo coming off the worst year of his career. However, if Gallardo can return to form, he will benefit from pitching in Seattle. Smith should slide into a starting corner outfield spot for the Orioles.
Gallardo posted a 5.42 ERA and 1.58 WHIP across 118 innings in 2016. His 5.22 xFIP and 5.34 SIERA were both career-worst marks for the 30 year old.
- Jordan Zimmermann named Tigers' Opening Day starter March 17th, 2018
- Bannister: Rangers' Joey Gallo batting second 'a real possibility' March 17th, 2018
- White Sox tag veteran James Shields as Opening Day starter March 17th, 2018
- Javier Baez (hamstring) returning to the field Sunday for Cubs March 17th, 2018
- Mets' Yoenis Cespedes (wrist) will return to action on Monday March 17th, 2018
- Mariners' Erasmo Ramirez (shoudler) not expected to be ready for start of regular season March 17th, 2018
- Orioles' Mark Trumbo (quad) will miss 3-4 weeks March 15th, 2018
- Orioles' Mark Trumbo (quad) undergoing MRI March 15th, 2018
- Danny Valencia signs a minor league deal with the Orioles March 2nd, 2018
- Orioles' Kevin Gausman cuts eye during collision at plate February 26th, 2018
- Orioles' Jonathan Schoop battling elbow bursitis February 23rd, 2018
- Orioles agree to terms with Colby Rasmus February 21st, 2018