Mariners trade Seth Smith to Orioles in exchange for Yovani Gallardo
The Seattle Mariners acquired starting pitcher Yovani Gallardo and cash from the Baltimore Orioles in exchange for outfielder Seth Smith.
The move is a little puzzling with Gallardo coming off the worst year of his career. However, if Gallardo can return to form, he will benefit from pitching in Seattle. Smith should slide into a starting corner outfield spot for the Orioles.
Gallardo posted a 5.42 ERA and 1.58 WHIP across 118 innings in 2016. His 5.22 xFIP and 5.34 SIERA were both career-worst marks for the 30 year old.
- Diamondbacks sign Jarrod Dyson to two-year deal February 20th, 2018
- Boston unlikely to trade Jackie Bradley following J.D. Martinez signing February 20th, 2018
- Padres make Eric Hosmer deal official February 20th, 2018
- Red Sox ink J.D. Martinez to five-year, $110 million deal February 20th, 2018
- Kevin Kiermaier 'very upset' over Rays' recent moves February 19th, 2018
- Nationals' Bryce Harper not talking beyond 2018 season February 19th, 2018
- Report: Chris Tillman returning to Orioles February 19th, 2018
- Orioles sign Andrew Cashner to a two-year, $16 million contract February 15th, 2018
- Manny Machado to start at shortstop for the Orioles in 2018 January 28th, 2018
- Orioles say Manny Machado is 'staying put for now' December 21st, 2017
- Orioles' Zach Britton ruptures Achilles Tuesday, expected to miss at least six months December 20th, 2017
- Anthony Santander out of Sunday's lineup for Orioles October 1st, 2017