Cardinals are very much in on Twins' Brian Dozier
The St. Louis Cardinals are "very much in" on Minnesota Twins second baseman Brian Dozier, according to Darren Wolfson of KSTP in Minnesota.
Wolfson also says the Los Angeles Dodgers remain in the running, and that the Washington Nationals and San Francisco Giants have had "dialogue." St. Louis seems like an odd fit with Kolten Wong and Jedd Gyorko on the roster, but maybe there would be some followup deals. Or maybe one would be included in the return package.
Dozier is coming off a career 2016 season that saw him slam 42 home runs alongside an .886 OPS and 136 OPS+ in 155 games.
- Angels pull Ricky Nolasco after getting hit in leg June 27th, 2017
- Elvis Andrus hits two home runs, Texas unable to capitalize June 27th, 2017
- Cole Hamels gives up seven scores in return for Rangers June 27th, 2017
- Yankees to call up Tyler Wade June 27th, 2017
- Starlin Castro leaves Yankees' game early with strained hamstring June 27th, 2017
- Eduardo Nunez (hamstring) may be activated Friday for Giants June 27th, 2017
- Robbie Grossman back in the Twins' lineup on Monday June 26th, 2017
- Minnesota's Eddie Rosario moves down to eighth in the batting order June 26th, 2017
- Max Kepler out for Minnesota on Monday June 26th, 2017
- Twins' Kennys Vargas in the lineup for Monday's road game June 26th, 2017
- Joe Mauer absent from the Twins' lineup against Boston June 26th, 2017
- Eduardo Escobar batting second for Minnesota June 26th, 2017