Cardinals are very much in on Twins' Brian Dozier
The St. Louis Cardinals are "very much in" on Minnesota Twins second baseman Brian Dozier, according to Darren Wolfson of KSTP in Minnesota.
Wolfson also says the Los Angeles Dodgers remain in the running, and that the Washington Nationals and San Francisco Giants have had "dialogue." St. Louis seems like an odd fit with Kolten Wong and Jedd Gyorko on the roster, but maybe there would be some followup deals. Or maybe one would be included in the return package.
Dozier is coming off a career 2016 season that saw him slam 42 home runs alongside an .886 OPS and 136 OPS+ in 155 games.
- Rangers' Adrian Beltre (calf) to do some jogging on Friday February 24th, 2017
- Marlins' Marcell Ozuna dealing with shoulder tightness February 24th, 2017
- Dodgers inquired about Tigers' Justin Verlander this offseason February 24th, 2017
- Nationals' Max Scherzer (finger) still unable to throw fastballs February 24th, 2017
- Max Scherzer (finger) to throw off mound Saturday for Nationals February 23rd, 2017
- Cubs confirm Kyle Schwarber is frontrunner for leadoff spot February 23rd, 2017
- Twins targeting Joe Blanton and Boone Logan January 30th, 2017
- Cardinals are very much in on Twins' Brian Dozier December 26th, 2016
- Twins finalize three-year contract with Jason Castro November 30th, 2016
- Jason Castro joining Twins on three-year deal November 22nd, 2016
- Byron Buxton hits an inside-the-park home run as Twins beat White Sox October 3rd, 2016
- Kennys Vargas helps Twins topple Royals with solo blast September 30th, 2016