Andres Blanco returning to Phillies in 2017
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reports that the Phillies have re-signed infielder Andres Blanco to a one-year, $3 million contract.
Blanco missed a portion of the second half of this past season with a broken index finger, but has been a solid utility player for the Phillies over the past three seasons. He'll be 33 for the 2017 campaign.
After a career-high .863 OPS in 2015, Blanco fell back to earth with a .721 mark last season. He slashed .253/.316/.405 across 209 plate appearances, recording a .313 wOBA and .153 ISO with 21 RBI's.
- Cardinals acquiring Marlins' Marcell Ozuna December 13th, 2017
- Padres acquire Chase Headley and Bryan Mitchell in trade with Yankees December 12th, 2017
- Marlins will receive Starlin Castro, prospects in Giancarlo Stanton deal December 9th, 2017
- Deal reportedly in place to send Marlins' Giancarlo Stanton to Yankees December 9th, 2017
- Shohei Ohtani signs with the Los Angeles Angels December 8th, 2017
- Mariners acquire Dee Gordon from Marlins for prospects December 7th, 2017
- Jorge Alfaro not in Phillies' lineup for Sunday's season finale October 1st, 2017
- Andrew Knapp starting for Phillies on Sunday October 1st, 2017
- J.P. Crawford moved down to eighth in Phillies' order on Sunday October 1st, 2017
- Phillies' Nick Williams dropped to fifth on Saturday September 30th, 2017
- Aaron Altherr hitting third for Phillies September 30th, 2017
- Freddy Galvis not in Phillies' Saturday lineup September 30th, 2017