Andres Blanco returning to Phillies in 2017
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reports that the Phillies have re-signed infielder Andres Blanco to a one-year, $3 million contract.
Blanco missed a portion of the second half of this past season with a broken index finger, but has been a solid utility player for the Phillies over the past three seasons. He'll be 33 for the 2017 campaign.
After a career-high .863 OPS in 2015, Blanco fell back to earth with a .721 mark last season. He slashed .253/.316/.405 across 209 plate appearances, recording a .313 wOBA and .153 ISO with 21 RBI's.
- Chris Archer to start Opening Day for Tampa Bay March 23rd, 2017
- Yasmany Tomas should be ready for Diamondbacks' Opening Day March 23rd, 2017
- Tigers' Miguel Cabrera (back) unsure of his status for Opening Day March 23rd, 2017
- Angels will be without Luis Valbuena (hamstring) 4-6 weeks March 23rd, 2017
- Diamondbacks' A.J. Pollock (groin) now targeting Friday return March 23rd, 2017
- Rockies sending Jeff Hoffman to Triple-A Albuquerque March 23rd, 2017
- Phillies name Jeremy Hellickson starter for Opening Day March 19th, 2017
- Ex-Philly Darin Ruf signs with the Samsung Lions of the KBO February 17th, 2017
- Jeanmar Gomez 'deserves' to be Phillies' closer February 14th, 2017
- Clay Buchholz heading to Phillies after deal with Boston December 20th, 2016
- Andres Blanco returning to Phillies in 2017 December 14th, 2016
- Charlie Morton signs two-year deal with Astros November 16th, 2016