Andres Blanco returning to Phillies in 2017
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reports that the Phillies have re-signed infielder Andres Blanco to a one-year, $3 million contract.
Blanco missed a portion of the second half of this past season with a broken index finger, but has been a solid utility player for the Phillies over the past three seasons. He'll be 33 for the 2017 campaign.
After a career-high .863 OPS in 2015, Blanco fell back to earth with a .721 mark last season. He slashed .253/.316/.405 across 209 plate appearances, recording a .313 wOBA and .153 ISO with 21 RBI's.
- Rays sign Carlos Gomez to one-year deal February 21st, 2018
- Steven Souza sent to Diamondbacks in three-team deal February 21st, 2018
- Yankees land Brandon Drury from Diamondbacks in three-team trade February 21st, 2018
- Orioles agree to terms with Colby Rasmus February 21st, 2018
- Astros prospect Forrest Whitley suspended for violating drug program February 21st, 2018
- Yuli Gurriel will move around infield this season for Astros February 21st, 2018
- Report: Phillies, Jake Arrieta 'having dialogue' February 20th, 2018
- Jorge Alfaro not in Phillies' lineup for Sunday's season finale October 1st, 2017
- Andrew Knapp starting for Phillies on Sunday October 1st, 2017
- J.P. Crawford moved down to eighth in Phillies' order on Sunday October 1st, 2017
- Phillies' Nick Williams dropped to fifth on Saturday September 30th, 2017
- Aaron Altherr hitting third for Phillies September 30th, 2017