Fernando Rodney joins Diamondbacks on one-year flier
The Arizona Diamondbacks signed reliever Fernando Rodney to a one-year, $2.75 million contract.
With incentives, the deal could reach up to $5 million in value. Next season will be Rodney's age-40 campaign, but he'll have a shot at the closing gig in Arizona.
Rodney has never been known for his consistency, and last year was no exception, as he turned in a 0.31 ERA and 30.3 strikeout percentage in 28 2/3 innings with the San Diego Padres, before struggling to a 5.89 ERA and 23.6 percent strikeout rate in 36 2/3 frames with the Miami Marlins.
- Houston's Jose Altuve named the 2017 American League MVP November 16th, 2017
- Marlins' Giancarlo Stanton wins NL MVP November 16th, 2017
- Cody Bellinger of the Dodgers named National League Rookie of the Year November 13th, 2017
- Yankees' Aaron Judge unanimous winner of American League Rookie of the Year November 13th, 2017
- George Springer, Astros defeat Dodgers in Game 7 for first World Series title November 2nd, 2017
- Astros' Yulieski Gurriel suspended five games in 2018 for gesture October 28th, 2017
- Daniel Descalso drops to seventh in Arizona's Game 3 batting order October 9th, 2017
- Jake Lamb will bat fifth Monday in Arizona for Game 3 October 9th, 2017
- Chris Iannetta out of Diamondbacks' Game 3 lineup October 9th, 2017
- Arizona's Jeff Mathis back at catcher for Game 3 of NLDS October 9th, 2017
- A.J. Pollock drops to sixth in Diamondbacks' Game 3 lineup October 9th, 2017
- Ketel Marte hitting second in NLDS Game 3 in Arizona October 9th, 2017