Fernando Rodney joins Diamondbacks on one-year flier
The Arizona Diamondbacks signed reliever Fernando Rodney to a one-year, $2.75 million contract.
With incentives, the deal could reach up to $5 million in value. Next season will be Rodney's age-40 campaign, but he'll have a shot at the closing gig in Arizona.
Rodney has never been known for his consistency, and last year was no exception, as he turned in a 0.31 ERA and 30.3 strikeout percentage in 28 2/3 innings with the San Diego Padres, before struggling to a 5.89 ERA and 23.6 percent strikeout rate in 36 2/3 frames with the Miami Marlins.
- Red Sox offer J.D. Martinez five-year, $100 million deal January 17th, 2018
- Christian Yelich's relationship with Marlins 'irrevocably broken' January 16th, 2018
- Giants' Hunter Pence will move to left field in 2018 January 16th, 2018
- Andrew McCutchen to play right field following trade to Giants January 16th, 2018
- Josh Harrison prefers trade if Pirates aren't looking to compete January 16th, 2018
- Report: Giants acquire Andrew McCutchen from Pirates January 15th, 2018
- Daniel Descalso drops to seventh in Arizona's Game 3 batting order October 9th, 2017
- Jake Lamb will bat fifth Monday in Arizona for Game 3 October 9th, 2017
- Chris Iannetta out of Diamondbacks' Game 3 lineup October 9th, 2017
- Arizona's Jeff Mathis back at catcher for Game 3 of NLDS October 9th, 2017
- A.J. Pollock drops to sixth in Diamondbacks' Game 3 lineup October 9th, 2017
- Ketel Marte hitting second in NLDS Game 3 in Arizona October 9th, 2017